Points Multiplier

Rugrat
Go to solution Solved by Stubbe-Unibet,

Fairly new to Unibet and been trying to get to L6 in order to get the carry over of multiplier and then I see it's not L6 but L6.1 .... tssk when Unibet say there are 7 levels of loyalty it appears there's actually 34. 

But that aside. Now I'm at L6 I've got a week to get to L6.1 and when I work out what I need to do I discover the points I get for playing a particular game (lets say 50 Hexapro) are no different than at the lower level. Its 343 at both L5 and L6. So what is the points multiplier all about and how do I track what it means in real terms? 

Oh and I ain't getting to 6.1 anytime soon 😞

12 minutes ago, Rugrat said:

Fairly new to Unibet and been trying to get to L6 in order to get the carry over of multiplier and then I see it's not L6 but L6.1 .... tssk when Unibet say there are 7 levels of loyalty it appears there's actually 34. 

But that aside. Now I'm at L6 I've got a week to get to L6.1 and when I work out what I need to do I discover the points I get for playing a particular game (lets say 50 Hexapro) are no different than at the lower level. Its 343 at both L5 and L6. So what is the points multiplier all about and how do I track what it means in real terms? 

Oh and I ain't getting to 6.1 anytime soon 😞

It's lvl 6. Terms on some promo pages still need to be amended.

The points multiplier is essentially = rakeback percentage in bonus point that is continuously paid as you play.

There's a better explanation here https://unibetpoker.com/unibet-poker-loyalty-program 🙂

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

4 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

It's lvl 6. Terms on some promo pages still need to be amended.

The points multiplier is essentially = rakeback percentage in bonus point that is continuously paid as you play.

There's a better explanation here https://unibetpoker.com/unibet-poker-loyalty-program 🙂

Hi mate, thanks for getting back on that, but I still don't understand

The rakeback % is paid by way of bonuses as you hit each level that's correct I believe, yes?

When I hit level 6 the points multiplier to get me to the next rakeback payment goes up from x5 to x12. Is that correct?

But (for example) playing €50 Hexapro at L5 that earns me 343 points on a 5x multiplier and still earns me 343 points on a 12x multiplier.

So what is being multiplied cos is sure as hell ain't XP and where can I see this number that's being multiplied? As I said I've been working my butt off to get to L6 only to discover I need to get to 6.1 ... on top of which my understanding of the multiplier (quite simple I would have thought) isn't what I thought 

OK, I get that the carry over is at L6 and not 6.1 - thank you

So just need to understand the multiplier (as wanted a crack at 6.1 by end of qtr) but not going to get close if the multiplier isn't what I thought

1 minute ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I've tried to explain it in the easiest way I can on https://unibetpoker.com/unibet-poker-loyalty-program.

I can try and describe in a different way tomorrow 🙂

Sorry. I'll go through it in detail again.

To summarise all I'm asking now is  if I'm on a 12x multiplier then what is the base number that is being multiplied and where can I see that?

Yes, ofc it will wait till tomorrow .. cheers 

1 hour ago, Rugrat said:

Sorry. I'll go through it in detail again.

To summarise all I'm asking now is  if I'm on a 12x multiplier then what is the base number that is being multiplied and where can I see that?

Yes, ofc it will wait till tomorrow .. cheers 

Nothing is multiplied as such. It's the % continuos rakeback paid in bonus points. See the two reward types described on the page I linked to, where it's explained in more detail. The multiplier for each level is shown on the loyalty page in the client (and on the page I linked to) - 12 multiplier = 12%. If something is still unclear, let me know!

I've updated the page on unibetpoker.com, to try and clarify this further. I really think it was quite clear before, but if you've first read the promo page on the main domain, it can be confusing, as I don't want to use the multiplier word, as it's just confusing (as evident from this thread).

Feedback very welcome, as I really want that page, https://unibetpoker.com/unibet-poker-loyalty-program, to be crystal clear 🙂

36 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

I've updated the page on unibetpoker.com, to try and clarify this further. I really think it was quite clear before, but if you've first read the promo page on the main domain, it can be confusing, as I don't want to use the multiplier word, as it's just confusing (as evident from this thread).

Feedback very welcome, as I really want that page, https://unibetpoker.com/unibet-poker-loyalty-program, to be crystal clear 🙂

Thanks for that ... I think of myself as reasonably smart but it had me totally confused. Anyway thanks for persevering. A few comments 

1. Why does the front page of client that shows a great picture of loyalty progress link to that inaccurate document when you have such a better looking, more accurate and straightforward link that you should point to (the one you have sent me above)

2. Yes 5x, 12x etc is confusing so why not just show the min % rakeback at each level on the client where it is very prominent 

3. The level bonuses are simple, tick that

4. The rakeback is paid in bonus points, got that ... but not too clear when added. Is it every two weeks? A gauge or little pic showing where I am (relative to next bonus points payout and how much) would be handy but not essential

Otherwise all good but definitely point 1 needs addressing imo

Thanks for sticking with me on this!  

• Solution

Yes, I agree it can be confusing to anyone, if you read both of the pages, due to different terminology 🙂 hopefully less so now with most recent changes 

I also agree the page on main site needs to be rewritten. It's a bigger project (primarily because of all the different languages) and something we don't control in the poker team.

Will make point 4 more clear later today. It's roughly paid every time you pay €1 in rake (it depends on the level, with lower levels paying more frequently than higher ones, but it's basically happening all the time).

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Rugrat said:

2. Yes 5x, 12x etc is confusing so why not just show the min % rakeback at each level on the client where it is very prominent 

3. The level bonuses are simple, tick that

Totally agree with these points. Those multipliers are totally useless as they are just confusing. Why not simply show level 1 raceback as 0%, level 2 as 2%....level 6 as 12% and so on. It is quite clear that this raceback is on top of level bonuses

1 hour ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

, as I don't want to use the multiplier word, as it's just confusing (as evident from this thread).

Then why do you use it in some places? Don't quite get it.

Maybe "still" instead of "only" would be better word here?

• Players who reach Level 7-9 are eligible only for 18% rakeback in bonus points. These accounts will be manually assessed by the poker team, at the end of each quarter. Any further rewards above 18% rakeback are discretionary and not guaranteed.

Might be cutting hairs here but to me only means you are missing out on something while truth is that you are king of the hill with getting all the rewards there is to get and maxing everything up but still carry on getting at least 18% rb in bonus points until next quarter.

• Haha 1

Updated the Unibetpoker.com page again - mostly the FAQ at bottom that changed.

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

Totally agree with these points. Those multipliers are totally useless as they are just confusing. Why not simply show level 1 raceback as 0%, level 2 as 2%....level 6 as 12% and so on. It is quite clear that this raceback is on top of level bonuses

Then why do you use it in some places? Don't quite get it.

Maybe "still" instead of "only" would be better word here?

• Players who reach Level 7-9 are eligible only for 18% rakeback in bonus points. These accounts will be manually assessed by the poker team, at the end of each quarter. Any further rewards above 18% rakeback are discretionary and not guaranteed.

Might be cutting hairs here but to me only means you are missing out on something while truth is that you are king of the hill with getting all the rewards there is to get and maxing everything up but still carry on getting at least 18% rb in bonus points until next quarter.

Unibet is a big company, and I'm not in charge of everything 😉 Again, for the promo pages, there's a copywriter involved, many local teams for translations etc. And the promo pages also have lots of technical limitations, when it comes to content display. I have full ownership of the unibetpoker.com domain, so I can change things however I see fit, and it's just one language.
I was obviously involved in the design inside client, and while it was improved with the most recent redesign, I agree it could be better. However, simply using 2% instead of 2x could also be confusing, and we don't want to give the impression that the total rakeback is just 2% (as I recall, that was the main reason behind it).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Unibet is a big company, and I'm not in charge of everything 😉 

No offence. Just thought i ask while you were talking about this, with you i meant you as company. Players don't use or have much understanding over "point multipliers" so i meant why it is used overall when it doesn't say anything to players unless they read through promo page. Most, if not all poker, players understand rakeback but point multipliers is another thing.

the promo pages, there's a copywriter involved, many local teams for translations etc. And the promo pages also have lots of technical limitations, when it comes to content display.

Just being customer i can't say what can or can't be done in promo page or at lobby but for example following section of app can be quite confusing for someone who hasn't be oriented with your rakeback system:

Screenshot_20240323-1550112.thumb.png.c28f24695847e760fbe7ee42aafe4bdf.png

I am not yet even 100% sure but as i understand it "2x points multiplier" and "3x multiplier" in there just means 2 or 3 % rakeback while if i hadn't gone through how rakeback is received at unibet i would have thought that you get past levels with extra speed compared lower levels .

we don't want to give the impression that the total rakeback is just 2%

That is fine but as being just rec and not even caring rb that much to me it would be more simpler. Like said  level change rewards are easy to understand and in top of that you get more rakeback with what level you are on.

But who am i to say as someone put laugh reaction on my earlier post. Yeah, obviously meant splitting hairs, not cutting them 🤣 

haircut-jim-carrey.gif.9d801ed2ded29f6e706e281bba64a15f.gif

On 3/23/2024 at 2:01 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Updated the Unibetpoker.com page again - mostly the FAQ at bottom that changed.

I don't know if following was one thing that was updated but if so finally some simplicity, can't misunderstand that 👍 

This rakeback is sometimes referred to as “bonus points multiplier”, with a 5x multiplier simply meaning 5% rakeback.