Poker Release Notes 3.31

Stubbe-Unibet

Previous release notes can be found here.

releasenotes331post.png.cfdfa97c8ffe9b09ef636866b37d50e3.png

Release date: 21st November
Next release: 12th December

🎅 🎄 'Tis the season to be shuffling! Get ready to unwrap a deck of joy and festivities as we present the merriest poker software release of the year! 🎄🎅

While not the biggest in features, we've unwrapped a snug package 🎁 of joy with a sleigh-full of delightful Xmas promotions.

Promotions

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• Winter Bootcamp, 6th Nov – 10th Dec
  • November Monthly Mission

Included in this release:

• 31 Days of X-mas, 1st Dec – 31st Dec

31daysofxmas.png.9d1176136257970605696a5d1d44ea71.png

• Santa Flips, 1st Dec – 31st Dec
  • Festive MTT series, 10th Dec – 17th Dec

xmasavatar.png.421813e2f575234eb17c61538afa36bf.png

Coming in next release (preliminary):

• Time based jackpots, 17th Dec – 1st Jan
  • XP Race, 1st Jan – 5th Feb (5 weeks) 
  • Banzai Flips, 15th Jan – 18th Feb (5 weeks)
  • Slobberknocker MTT series, 7th Jan – 14th Jan
  • January Monthly Mission

New features/Improvements

• New "gif" chat reactions

Chrisgif.png.bf401bcfe820d7061a536f85ffb5c9c8.png

• Community Xmas avatar

communityxmas.png.537815772f74353e94f540d035f17fb3.png

• Prize Drop improvements. We have improved the Prize Drop animation and promo view. For the animation part, the actual box and the reveal animation is new, cardboard box for regular PD and a wrapped gift box for the anniversary version. 

• 31 days of Xmas visual promo improvements.

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue where Win 7 and Win 8 users couldn´t use client after October release. 

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 21/11/2023 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier

• Like 9

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Love the prize drop animation and the gif, graphics team is killing it.

Love the XP race, enjoy those.

Banzai flips are a really fun sweat because I always play until 100 Euro or bust. Managed it twice lifetime (its a lot easier with Golden tickets). I prefer these over random freerolls that I always seem to forget about.

Are the affiliate races coming back? IIRC it was monthly, then one month a quarter, now I'm not sure where they have gone. I rated those and would smash out volume when they ran, really hope they come back.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Love the prize drop animation and the gif, graphics team is killing it.

Love the XP race, enjoy those.

Banzai flips are a really fun sweat because I always play until 100 Euro or bust. Managed it twice lifetime (its a lot easier with Golden tickets). I prefer these over random freerolls that I always seem to forget about.

Are the affiliate races coming back? IIRC it was monthly, then one month a quarter, now I'm not sure where they have gone. I rated those and would smash out volume when they ran, really hope they come back.

Affiliate races still in the mix for next year 🙂 but don't believe we've got one planned right now (so not for next 2-3 months).

What might not be in the mix for next year are bootcamps and HexaPro races, but I'll share more on that another time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

What might not be in the mix for next year are bootcamps and HexaPro races, but I'll share more on that another time

as a €10 hexa player, i wont be missing that source of frustration. hoping for some new, fresh and fair hexa promos next year.

@zyklon0 I understand we are talking about a mobile application? If so, in the settings of your smartphone, delete the cache and data of Unibet poker and launch the application again, it will update without problems. You can also delete the application and download the current version from the website www.unibet.com/apps/poker (go from a mobile browser).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SShcherbyna said:

@zyklon0 I understand we are talking about a mobile application? If so, in the settings of your smartphone, delete the cache and data of Unibet poker and launch the application again, it will update without problems. You can also delete the application and download the current version from the website www.unibet.com/apps/poker (go from a mobile browser).

Mobile and desktop on windows 10, reinstallation worked.

Problems I have noticed after the update so far:
- client crashing more often

- issues with tournament lobbies, not showing payouts and freezing

- not gaining bonus points after paying rake

As mentioned before graphics team is doing great job, but making sure the software is working properly should be prioritized. Software testing is something relax seems to be missing all together, paying customers are being used as software testers and in the process they are losing money because of the glitches. Love you guys but this is not how it should be done.

2 hours ago, Tekes said:

Problems I have noticed after the update so far:
- client crashing more often

- issues with tournament lobbies, not showing payouts and freezing

- not gaining bonus points after paying rake

As mentioned before graphics team is doing great job, but making sure the software is working properly should be prioritized. Software testing is something relax seems to be missing all together, paying customers are being used as software testers and in the process they are losing money because of the glitches. Love you guys but this is not how it should be done.

@Tekes could you describe what you do, when the client crashes?

Will get back here later today 

In the release there were updates to the "tournament monitor", which is likely the cause of at least the lobby issues for tournaments and HexaPro. The developers are looking into it.

This particular part of the code is hard to test in the dev environment, due to the many variables, moving parts and very different load

10 hours ago, Tekes said:

This new update caused my client to crash 3 times in last 10 minutes...borderline unplayable. Not quite "the merriest poker software release of the year"...unless you are masochist. 😆

@Tekes we're giving crashes priority, but we really need more info than "client is crashing", in order to fix it. So far, reports have been very few for all the issues you've listed.

14 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

@Tekes could you describe what you do, when the client crashes?

Will get back here later today 

One crash was right at the moment when tournament break ended, I didn't notice any reason for other crashes. I need more data to figure out what could be causing these crashes, in the past the hexapro ad during tournament breaks caused crashes, but this might be something different. Maybe I was just very unlucky to experience so many crashes right after the update, but statistically it would be unlikely since I haven't had this many crashes for years. I will report back if I have an idea what could be causing this.

54 minutes ago, Tekes said:

One crash was right at the moment when tournament break ended, I didn't notice any reason for other crashes. I need more data to figure out what could be causing these crashes, in the past the hexapro ad during tournament breaks caused crashes, but this might be something different. Maybe I was just very unlucky to experience so many crashes right after the update, but statistically it would be unlikely since I haven't had this many crashes for years. I will report back if I have an idea what could be causing this.

There was an issue with a logging service, until midnight, which might have caused some crashes. If you experience crashes frequently, I can share a special client build with you, which generate a file upon crash, with all the technical details we need for fixing it. Let's see how it goes the next few days - haven't heard of a single crash today.

• Like 1

Something is wrong again, 5+5€ Hyper R/A prizepool is 669.20€, but when I count the prizes there are only 500€ total. I don't think you take that much rake, right? Also places paid is only 1-5 with 63 players.

edit. btw crashed twice again today, pretty much exactly at the same time as Wednesday...maybe it is the login server issue again?

Edited by Tekes

On 11/22/2023 at 7:38 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

There was an issue with a logging service, until midnight, which might have caused some crashes. If you experience crashes frequently, I can share a special client build with you, which generate a file upon crash, with all the technical details we need for fixing it. Let's see how it goes the next few days - haven't heard of a single crash today.

I re-installed the client and it's "working" now. I'm playing on android. A lot of the times I'm not able to log in for a long time. I just get a white screen with an x at the top. If I click the X, I get a black screen. Sometimes I'm able to fix it to log myself in in a different spot (PC or via mobile-browser). But that doesn't always work. Crash seems to happen if I'm logged in and the app goes inactive. Normally I would be able to log in again, now I get white screen.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 12:05 AM, Tekes said:

Something is wrong again, 5+5€ Hyper R/A prizepool is 669.20€, but when I count the prizes there are only 500€ total. I don't think you take that much rake, right? Also places paid is only 1-5 with 63 players.

edit. btw crashed twice again today, pretty much exactly at the same time as Wednesday...maybe it is the login server issue again?

This should be fixed now. If you still experience lobby update issues, please let me know!

On 11/24/2023 at 8:32 PM, norman said:

@Stubbe-Unibet would it be possible to add a setting where your mouse cursor is on the table and it automatically activates the bet box and i can use numpad to bet?

Not in the short term and also not something we've got planned at the moment. Probably not realistic such a feature would come in 2024. It's not without downsides, but won't go into that here 🙂 

• Thanks 1