Insufficient funds displayed when trying to use a cash ticket

mike1954

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

You got two tickets. Which one is it? Looks like it was locked to a table you previously sat at. Can you check if it's working now?

It was the NL4 ..

Yes, left it for two hours and worked ok when I tried again.  Thanks

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:53 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

You got two tickets. Which one is it? Looks like it was locked to a table you previously sat at. Can you check if it's working now?

Hi,

Same problem again - with my NL4 ticket - left a table and now getting Insufficient Funds displayed

I had the same when I was using my 25NL tickets, I was going to make a post about it as its an old issue that has never been solved. There was another topic but can't find it anymore and I've kind of forgotten what the exact issue was 😅

I remember playing late into a night and the pool got pretty small and I couldn't join any table anymore which was very frustrating as it made me quit my session basically.

I think it has to do with the fact that you have to re-join a table you have left with the exact stack size but tickets don't let you pick more than 100bb's so that's why that error comes up I think. I remember having it before when I used tickets and was kind of baffled it was still a thing when it happened again a month ago.

Not the biggest of issues but it is frustrating on a player experience level.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mike1954 said:

Same problem again - with my NL4 ticket - left a table and now getting Insufficient Funds displayed (put my comment under 'quote' not sure if that's the right place so repeating message here)

1 hour ago, P0kerM0nk said:

I think it has to do with the fact that you have to re-join a table you have left with the exact stack size but tickets don't let you pick more than 100bb's so that's why that error comes up I think.

I had this happen a few times and as I remember the explanation it was because the system thinks you are trying to "rathole" even when you are not. You have 200 BB's and your table breaks up but on trying to open a new table you are seen as ratholing so keep getting the insufficient funds warning. After a while away, probably as long as a ratholer would have to sit out, the system deems you have paid your penance and readmits you. 😆 I think it was with tickets not being able to join with more than 100 BB's. ✔️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 9:54 PM, GR1ZZL3R said:

I had this happen a few times and as I remember the explanation it was because the system thinks you are trying to "rathole" even when you are not.

When it happens to me I can still buy in to the table for the same buy in with cash, just not with the ticket, which only ever allows 100BB (and that seems like the error in a nutshell). Also the system does not seem to punish ratholing when using actual cash, like AT ALL 😆

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, avatarthief said:

When it happens to me I can still buy in to the table for the same buy in with cash, just not with the ticket, which only ever allows 100BB (and that seems like the error in a nutshell). Also the system does not seem to punish ratholing when using actual cash, like AT ALL 😆

Ratholing mitigation is working fine. See specs here: 

• Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet I feel the Ratholing measures are good but this a bug and not feature. Kindly let me explain it the best I can since @P0kerM0nk explained it above and it was overlooked. 

I think the best way to explain the issue/bug is with an example. Start of assuming that I have used my 4 Ratholing attempts in the last 30 minutes. So now I must rebuy for whatever my stack was say that is 150bbs. What the insuffcient funds when using cash tickets error is this: say I am sitting at a table with 150bbs which I got there using my ticket...I leave this table and want to get back at it gives this error because of the cap of 100bbs on tickets no matter what...meaning it forces me to use my cash balance for the 150bb buy in even though I am willing to use 150bbs and have a ticket for that stake which is more than 150bbs. I still can't use that ticket. I feel this was overlooked when implementing the Ratholing measures...that the ticket cap can't be 100bbs anymore which it currently is.

This hampers the player experiance in that say I am having a ticket for say 1000bbs at a given stake (assume I used my 4 Ratholing and am in the 24hr wait period) but once say I am deep at all tables say 150bbs plus or whatever and I decide to take a break for some time few hours. I come back and can't use my tickets at all for the rest of that day until the UTC 00:00 reset because though i have 1000bbs ticket and the correct stake tickets....I can only BuyIn for 100bbs using tickets no matter what i.e. the cap. So am forced to use my cash balance and also delay clearing my ticket since the rest of the flops I see won't count towards clearing my ticket for that day.

I thought you all were already aware of this and just figured its on the works to make the tickets buy in for previous required minimum buy in matching up with the Ratholing rules. But looks like you aren't aware of this. It really is frustrating too see that error of insufficient ticket balance when you have more than enough balance in ticket. I have repeated myself quiet a bit but thats only to clear the confusion. 

The Ratholing features are good I agree. But this is not a Ratholing feature more of something of a bug/error. Allowing players to use their ticket for say 150bbs or whatever the requred amount as per Ratholing rules should be allowed since I am still buying in deep just here am being allowed to use my ticket and clear it by seeing the flops needed sooner. Seriously hope this detailed explanation helps. 🙂 thank you for reading.

• Like 1

Appreciate the detailed reply! 🙂

When I looked at OP history initially, it looked like something else, but I might just have been in too much of a hurry. I'll review it again later today.

What you mention is a known one (pretty sure it was discussed in the rathole release thread as well, or maybe it was a different one) and I agree it's obviously not a feature of the rathole mitigation but a bug. When I said rathole mitigation is working, it was a reply to the previous post saying the rules do not punish ratholing at all. 

However, I'm unsure if a ticket for devs was ever created for this one. Will check with the guys later today

• Like 2

@Stubbe-Unibet Thanks for the response that sounds good. Looking forward for this bug to be fixed in a future update. Since while I feel most regular players will figure its a bug and just their cash balance instead. Recreationals/new players might not undertand it or might not have the funds to use cash instead of tickets and might just decide to quit instead. It just seems overall detrimental to the player experiance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -_- said:

@Stubbe-Unibet Thanks for the response that sounds good. Looking forward for this bug to be fixed in a future update. Since while I feel most regular players will figure its a bug and just their cash balance instead. Recreationals/new players might not undertand it or might not have the funds to use cash instead of tickets and might just decide to quit instead. It just seems overall detrimental to the player experiance.

It fortunately doesn't have much of an impact on new/recreational players 🙂 it's rare they're faced with this ratholing and winnings related issue 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/12/2023 at 9:46 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Ratholing mitigation is working fine. See specs here: 

Apologies. I had never attempted to rebuy for 100BB 4 times in a row before so assumed someone could do that indefinitely if they wanted, which I shouldn't have.

On the subject of cash game tickets, would Unibet ever consider making larger tickets available for a given stake?

Edited by avatarthief
added question