Tennis retirement

Thegimp147

@Thegimp147

Not knowing which type of bet you had, but the following quote from the T&C should hopefully explain the settlement for you:

2) “Match” bet offers are based on the general principle of tournament progress or tournament win,
depending on which phase of the competition the match refers to. The player/team progressing to the
next round or winning the tournament is to be considered as the winner of the bet regardless of
withdrawals, disqualifications, etc. These bets require at least one set to be completed for bets to stand.

3) “Over/Under” and "Handicap" offers on unfinished matches the outcome of which is already
determined before the interruption of play and/or where any further continuance of play could not
possibly produce a different outcome to said offers, will be settled based on the result achieved until
the interruption. For the calculation of these settlements, the minimum amount of occurrences which
should have been needed to bring the offer to the natural conclusion will be added as necessary
depending on the number of sets which the match is scheduled for. Should this calculation produce a
situation where no possible alterations could affect the outcome of the offer this will be settled as such.
The following examples can be used for consideration:
• Example 1 - Over/Under: A retirement occurs in a match scheduled for three sets with the score 7-
6, 4-4. The offers: “Total Games Set 2 – 9.5” (or any lines lower than that amount) & “Total
Games Played in the Match – 22.5” (or any lines lower than that amount) will be settled with
“Over” bets as winning and “Under” bets as losing. Bets on lines higher than that will be settled as
void.
• Example 2 - Handicap: A retirement occurs at the start of the 3rd set in a match scheduled for 5 sets
with the score at 1-1. Bets on +2.5/-2.5 Sets will be settled as winners and losers respectively.
Offers on any lines lower than that amount will be settled as void.

4) All “Correct Score” (namely Set Betting and Game Betting), “Odd/Even”, and those offers which refer
to the winner of a particular period in the match (example “Which player will win the first set?” and
“Set 2 – Game 6: Winner” require the relevant part of the match to be completed.
Classified as General

5) All type of offers not specified above require at least one set to be completed for bets to stand, except
for those offers the outcome of which is already determined before the interruption of play and any
further continuation of play could not possibly produce a different outcome.

I had  160 @11/4 on just the player to win the match....he was 1 set down first to 2....and it was 2-2 in legs in second set wen I placed the bet....they both held there next serve each and at 3-3 my player retired due to injury....the bet settled as a loser....emailed them twice because my stake shud have been refunded

1 hour ago, Thegimp147 said:

I had  160 @11/4 on just the player to win the match....he was 1 set down first to 2....and it was 2-2 in legs in second set wen I placed the bet....they both held there next serve each and at 3-3 my player retired due to injury....the bet settled as a loser....emailed them twice because my stake shud have been refunded

@Thegimp147 sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your bet should not be voided. Bets on the winner of a tennis game will remain valid, if the first set has been concluded. See the terms and conditions that were posted above

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions