Terrible customer service made me quit the site

Unibet has been my main poker site for years now, always choosing to play here, always recommending it to friends and the like. Never faced any issues, never had to contact them before. 

After my experience with the customer support, and the complete disregard for what I was saying about the bug I faced which costed me money, I shall never be playing here again. I do not feel comfortable with them handling my money anymore. 

What happened was that a bug in the phone app, had me buy into a heads-up game after I left the queue, and the game wasn't showing up. While playing my hexapro extreme, I notice that my balance was missing the money.

I had to quickly sign out and sign back in again, at which point the heads up game that wasn't showing before came up(was blinded down by about 20% of my stack). Not only that, but as I tried to click play(afk button) on this new window that just popped up, it quickly switched back to the hexapro which made me missclick an all-in and lose the game(which hadn't landed on the godawful reward of one single buy in, like it usually does). 

Obviously had I made the missclick because of connection issues, I would take it on the chin. But this was due to an issue of the app that messed up my games, had me looking away from the table in confusion over where my balance had gone, and made me hurry and log out to try and get the game I PAYED for, up and running. 

When I contacted them about it, they ignored everything I was saying, and chucked it down to connection issues, clearly not reading through my email where I made it very clear I was still connected and playing on a table with no lag or nothing, when the issue occurred. 

Here's a direct quote from them once I had to tell them for a third time there were no connection issue

"If the App is playing up for you, then I would suggest deleting it and uploading the App again. Your other option would be to sign in through the site. " 

"... we will not be offering any compensation for any games played on the 7th." 

That, I found especially disgusting. So if an issue with your software causes players to lose their money, then it's on them. So for example, if your client bugs out and forgets how much money one of your users has in their balance, there's nothing you can do about it. Right? 

Great, thanks for telling me. I shall never be playing here again, and I advice anyone to take their money off here, and to a more trustworthy site. 

Hi @Neverplayonhereagain, welcome to the community.

It was my decision not to offer compensation on this occasion based on the following pieces of information:

07/05/2022 21:52 Tournament Payout Tournament "€10 SNG 2 Seat" real money payout was made with amount €19.40.
07/05/2022 21:51 Tournament Payout Tournament "€10 SNG Extreme Hexapro" real money payout was made with amount €0.00.
07/05/2022 21:50 Tournament Buyin Buyin €10.00 to tournament "€10 SNG 2 Seat" with real money.
07/05/2022 21:49 Tournament Buyin Buyin €10.00 to tournament "€10 SNG Extreme Hexapro" with real money.
07/05/2022 21:48 Session Login Login (relaxpoker_mobilephone-android_3.17.0) from IP xxx

There is no log of you logging out of the app. If you had just gone to your home screen and back to the app this does not log you out of the app as it continues to run in the background. If you miss a hand due to being on your home screen or another app you'll be sat out and shown as disconnected in the hand history.

You did appear to not play the first hand of the HU game, and then the next 4, and came back with 895 chips from the 1000 chip starting stack, losing just over 10% of your stack.. You also went on the win the HU game so there would be no reason to refund this game as ultimately the missed hands did not have a negative impact on the game overall.

For the Hexapro, the HH for the single hand you had issues with (1674970567), which you can review in the client, shows you disconnecting and then reconnecting pre-flop and then raising not all in. The all-in happened on the flop after your opponent made a raise and it then took you more than 5 seconds before deciding to go all-in. As you made both of the decisions to bet and being disconnected for a brief period of time di not stop you making those decisions, no compensation is required.

Poker Janitor

That is such a misleading reply, trying to justify your bad practices. I'm absolutely appalled by how you've handled the whole thing. 

In my correspondamce to you I've made clear I ended up winning the heads up. 

"... I was already blinded down by about 20% of my stack on the heads up table. And while I did manage winning that game, what happened was..."

"...since I won the heads up I don't expect to be compensated for losing the blinds, but I think the lost e. V. there should be considered in your decision for the lost hexapro, especially cause I could have just as easily lost because of my blind disadvantage, and as I'm sure you know working for a poker company, poker is not a results oriented game. "

Now you saying that it's 10% instead of 20% is just plain stupid on your part, cause of course I wouldn't remember exactly by how much I was down.

As far as there being no log of me being signed out, I wouldn't expect there to be, when your app is clearly faulty and wasn't even showing the game I PAID FOR. 

Finally, in regards to the hexapro, I also made clear in my emails that the all in happened post-flop

"... I ended up clicking a raise that was close to all in, with a horrible hand, which costed me the game"

When in a quick format game of 10-20 bigs or so, you make such a big raise pre, and then you have some equity on the flop, obviously I'll go all in. That doesn't mean I would have made that decision if your app had worked as it should have, and I could have folded the hand before seeing a flop. 

Stop lying to your user base. 

I've not seen any of the emails you sent or received from CS and they have no bearing on my decision. There is nothing stupid about mentioning it's 10% instead of 20% because you can and could have checked the hand history to confirm that before publicly claiming you lost more chips than you actually did and neglecting to mention you won the heads up in your original post to exaggerate a much smaller situation 

Ultimately this comes down to a mis-click. You tried to press a button on the HU game to sit back in and before you did that it switched to the table that required an action, as it's supposed to do if you have the setting enabled. It's unfortunate, but it could happen to anyone at any time. I'll raise the position of the play button with the product manager to see if we can get it moved so potential future mis-clicks can be avoided but beyond that there nothing else to be done.

Poker Janitor

Ultimately, it comes down to an issue with your faulty software. Ultimately, I wouldn't be making public accusations had you handled the situation better. 

I don't even care about not having been compensated for your company's mistake. Had you told me something along the lines of the app not having a built in local error log(THE ERROR LOG WHICH AT NO POINT WAS ASKED FROM ME TO SEE IF THERE REALLY WAS A GLITH) we wouldn't be here.(I don't know if there is one or not)

You could have even told me that because of the particularly of the situation, it will be hard to assess how much I'm owed, and that's why i can't be repayed. 

Instead what you did is repeatedly try to worm yourself out of the situation, first by ignoring the information I had in my emails, and by accusing me of lying. You even went as far as saying that any issues with the app is the user's fault, as I have quoted above. 

You should be ashamed of yourself and you will never get me to use your site ever again, and I hope others do the same. 

The mobile app does not generate logs on the users device which is why you've not been asked to provide any.

The game that was affected was the Heads Up game, compensation is either your buy-in back if you were negatively affected or no compensation if you were not. As you stated in your posts, it's the table you are saying didn't appear. You stated the Hexapro table appeared as expected and, other than the mis-click, played out like a normal game so there is no need to compensate that game.

Poker Janitor

I'm not gonna reply to you further after this, cause clearly you're just trying to save face for your company no matter what I say, which I get. 

But no, besides being negatively affected in the heads-up( e.v. wise, even if I went on to win), the misclick was in direct correlation to the faulty software and wouldn't have happened had the app been functioning properly.

I'm also sure now, after having been in communication with you and your team, that there is no way in the world I would have been compensted had I lost the heads-up, when most of the information I provided was ignored, when there's no log to prove the malfunction, and when I'm being accused for lying even if it's your fault for not recording glitches in your app. 

56 minutes ago, Neverplayonhereagain said:

I'm not gonna reply to you further after this, cause clearly you're just trying to save face for your company no matter what I say, which I get. 

But no, besides being negatively affected in the heads-up( e.v. wise, even if I went on to win), the misclick was in direct correlation to the faulty software and wouldn't have happened had the app been functioning properly.

I'm also sure now, after having been in communication with you and your team, that there is no way in the world I would have been compensted had I lost the heads-up, when most of the information I provided was ignored, when there's no log to prove the malfunction, and when I'm being accused for lying even if it's your fault for not recording glitches in your app. 

First of all I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'd like to just stress what has already been said. The only game affected by the issue was the HU game which you went on to win. 

It's not right when you say that the bet in the Hexapro couldn't have happened otherwise. The table prioritisation could have changed to the hexapro table, when you were on the hu table and about to click the bet/raise button - when you have table prioritisation enabled, which you obviously do based on the description is this thread. 

I agree the button placement could be better on mobile, for the "Play" button, but this doesn't mean we should compensate all miss clicks, because that is what we're talking about here: a miss click. I've made a couple quick mockups for new button placement and will take this to the developers tomorrow.

As a thanks for raising this suggestion for improvement I've given you 2000 bonus points.

202043144_Playbuttonportrait.thumb.png.82433d306365cb2ea1e901b7a4cc2793.png815085760_Playbuttonlandscape.thumb.png.b5ad7ce1cefc710f398d23b7f96785f2.png

• Like 2

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• 2 weeks later...