The Adventures Of A Dubliner

GR1ZZL3R

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep telling myself to do an update but have been rather busy with the challenges and calendars and so on, so here goes.

The first thing I have to say is, if you get the chance to visit one of these events, do it. I feel incredibly lucky to have taken part due to winning a raffle, but will continue trying to qualify in the usual way, simply because the experience is worth it. Everyone makes you welcome, Unibet staff especially, 👍 but really everyone else is so friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed it but would do things slightly differently if I ever get another chance. I think second day registration would be better, I went for the first because I wanted to start as soon as possible, my nerves were getting too tight, and as aresult I missed the first party due to still playing going up towards midnight. I also didn't have a lot to do second day, hadn't met enough people and they were all playing anyway. Anway our leader, @JeppeL -we know how wonderful he is but I'll confirm it here- was very welcoming and pointed out a few members. I thought I had spotted @MetalWolf at breakfast and introduced myself but was met with a shrug and an apology in Russian. 😃 When @JeppeL pointed @MetalWolf out I met him and @Charl_xoxox and railed him for a couple of days, a true legend of this community and a very nice couple. 

@Charl_xoxox had not played live before so I insisted she join me in the community freeroll, me being an old hand at this live play lark and trying to help her. The guy on her left looked at her dwindling stack and advised her she might have to shove before long. A couple of hands later there was a raise from early, folds round to @Charl_xoxox who casually slides all her chips forward and announces all in. It was called and she turned over AA, won the hand and stacked the chips, a true highlight. ( I'd already gone out, no change there)

I'm not a nightclub fan and late in the day ( Note: 2nd day) when @MetalWolf was finished we had an enjoyable discussion at the bar over a couple of pints of Guinness rather than clubbing that late. Maestro joined us for a while, another very nice young man and deep thinker on poker.

I also met @sgriff @FeelsBadMan and one ot two others, watched @triceraatopp on the final table, huge congrats on taking that, but missed her winning and sadly didn't get to meet her or some others.

I railed @FeelsBadMan for a while the next day and our very own @JeppeL on final tables, sadly no more winners and the whole show winding down.

The only other regret is I didn't pluck up enough courage to have a session on the cash tables, maybe later, but overall it was a great experience and my thanks to Unibet and all the staff for a terrific time. The hotel staff and tourney people were great too and made it so pleasant Thankyou all.:inlove:

Table talk to follow later.

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thank you for the kind words it was an absolute pleasure to meet you! I don’t know about legend of the community but I would always do my upmost when able to talk to people, give advice if asked and have a laugh and joke. 

I was called Russian a couple of times over the weekend. Not sure for the haircut or style of play! Lol

cheers mate I look forward to seeing you at a future event. 

Archived