NextGen stars

cris1285

What do you think, who will be the number 1 in 5 years time? Who will get GSs after the Big4? 

First of all Thiem and Zverev. They already able to beat top players, however the german is still so young, only 19. Than Fritz maybe, but im afraid he get success too early. I mean since he played the final in Memphis, he didnt show much. I guess it was too early, now he has the pressure on his shoulders to show more, what is impossible, he is only a kid. Others as Tsitsipas, Paul, Mmoh, Vesely, Chung, Edmund can reach the top ten, but not further. Coric is an overhyped player, all the croatians, serbians, whatever saying he will be the next Djokovic, but he is not even near to the young Nole. Only strength is his footwork, than thats it. We will see, i guess top twenty forever :D

But why i write this post is Shapovalov. I know i should write it in the betting topic, but for only one i didnt wanna open one. So i think he has good chance today. I follow him long time, he is a very good player. In Drummondville he reached the final what was a challenger tournament, than he was semifinalist in the junior French Open, and won Wimbledon. Lukas Lacko has way more routine, but he is an idiot. His tactic is to finish the points as soon as possible, but he has no consistancy in his tennis, he misses too much, sometimes he cant find the lines :D So in my opinion is a joke that he is favourite at 1.3. Shapovalov is 3.5 what is value in my eyes, but the over should be okay also at 21,5 game. Lacko is not a good receiver and play many times TB, and both of them having too much three setter. I dont say the canadian will win, but he can make it tie. 

(btw Canada will have great players in the future, beside Shapovalov there is Augier Aliassime who is only 15 but last year he had a good run on a challenger tournament, i guess he even beat Nishioka (?). And pairing to Shapovalov they won US Open and was runner-up at Wimbledon. Nice years coming up for canadians, specially if Raonic stays healthy - i wish so).  

Easy :D Three set, and the canadian didnt cause disappointment. 

Tommy Paul lost  very badly again, im afraid he will stuck in challengers. Lol, and i missed to mention Kyrgios.. He can be a real threat for the topplayers if he become a little serious. The talent is there, no doubt. 

Today there will be an interesting game between Nestor/Roger-Vasselin and Fritz/Opelka. Generation gap :smileyvery-happy:

• 2 weeks later...

@psrquack wrote:

My secret tip is Borna Coric. He is only 19 and played two ATP finals (and lost) this year. I think he is better than Alexander Zverev.

Borna Coric has massive potential. Only 19 and in the top 50. Always making deep runs in tournaments. I think in a couple years if he stays injury free, can break the top 20.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

• 3 weeks later...

Archived