December Missions grumble. . . grrrr

Kitch

Haha. 

Yeah I finally found some time to play some poker again and made a small deposit. 

Come on guys , PLO double up for part 1!!!

What is this madness lol, ofcourse its a good way to get more folks in Omaha for a try but its a bit steep? 

I like Omaha don't get me wrong but I'm a complete novice and there's no way in hell I'll be able to double up in a cash game even in the micros. 

The rewards further down are tasty but man, I'm not even going to be able to them give it a go.

Ofcourse I don't expect a change , just getting it off my chest. 

Its a good community that rewards even the micro bums like myself but I think this one should have been part 3 or 4 , to give us Omaha noobs  are chance

On a side note , any tips for Omaha

Cheers

This is what I was afraid of. I still see Omaha as a toin coss, ofcourse its not but that's my mind set the now of the game. 

I need some quick tips before I even think about this challenge. . . 

Keep em coming. 

Sorry to post on your post but i do not know how to start a new topic

need to vent a little

I spent 8 hours playing 3 tables to clear the double the max buy in (8 euro) plo.

I find plo hard to play with most players max bet before flop then max bet each flop turn and river, so it can become expensive to clear this challenge for a reward of 100 bonus points.

With all respect to unibet i love the extra rewards on offer, but this challenge should have been put on level 4 as this level is far to easy and for a 10nl ticket.

I would love to know what other players think, or am i just a bad player? (and don't be cruel)

Level 4 below

4a

Create a new identity

Change your appearance by creating a new identity

€10 NL10 Ticket

4b

Play tournaments

Play any multi-table tournament that has a €1 buy-in or higher for three days in a row

4c

NLHE Blackjack

Be dealt 10 cards with a value of 10 or higher at any NLHE cash game stake

There is yellow button "Start new topic" on the forum's front page.

If you know you're not so good at the game, then three tabling is not a good idea especially when reading Omaha board is harder than Holdem.

I agree the missions being a little unbalanced, but the total payouts are very good this time. PLO4 and NL10 tickets instead of freespins or a couple of euros of bonus.

Yeah I fkd it up, bought in twice and busted. I played like crap but I did get a wee bit unlucky before I tilted.  

Flopped a straight but the dude had one better, fair enough. 

But then I get another straight , can't lose only to a flush and the lad nailed it on the river. 

I went broke soon after with the couple o bucks left I had , but my head wasn't straight after Omaha. Before I was super confident from my SnGs and then felt bummed after Omaha. 

I will deposit again maybe in a week or two, I knew to stay away from this challenge but I didn't. I'm stronger at SnGs , that's what I should've stuck to. 

Don't hate the game, hate the river haha. 

Till next time !!!

@KitchMan, that sucks.. :speechless: Have to agree the cash game version of doubling-up, especially at plo can easily get economically dangerous for small rolls, and for all players not used to the game and the swings of it :wonder:
IMO too, not the greatest thing to be at missions to be played by force on a way to freeroll tickets, and particularly right at the beginning.

I agree, doubling up in PLO cg is not a really hard mission, but way harder than previous number one missions. Winning 10-20 hands at PLO would be optimal. These missions use to be helpful for recreational players w small bankroll, but this particular mission can require full bankroll for some :scared: 😃 

I will surely make this mission, i like Omaha, but if not, i dont force myself too much, last month i just couldnt get any bounty during couple of tournaments (villain had 1 BB more than me, 3 ways pot, cetere cetere), so i just let it go, before tilting :laugh:

@Rushbie yeah man, can't complain , no one forced me to do it. Although I did complain about the difficultly haha. 

My initial thoughts were I'm not going to learn sh it on the free rolls so I'll play £1 tourneys but then I got impatient. I should've read up some more , watch more Omaha etc act. I thought right even if I bust once then I should learn something, yeah how to tilt! Haha. But again impatient. 

But that's the reason I only make small deposits , because even though I love the game I sometimes get too wrapped up in the madness, I started with £5 made it to @

13 euros in a day or so, felt great, I knew that would end if I started the challenge , I knew exactly how my emotions of the game would change and yet I still done it like a bum. 

I take a break from depositing the now, maybe have a go at the JP freeroll laterz, still have 14p left. . . rags to riches story there

Long post haha ,I don't hate the game or how it went, I'm more pissed at myself for not controlling my sh it wen I busted. Should've regrouped my thoughts. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

God dam this challenge! 

I have tried couple more times to finish the Omaha challenge. Today i was so close! After taking a beating in the first batch of hands I scrambled my way back up to over 6 bucks. 

I was in control , had the respect of the table but then . . . the usual madness, get involved in a hand I shouldn't have. . . 

At the turn I had fh 66 222 , I raise and bam snap re raise . . . I knew I was beat, fkn knew he has the QQ 222 and yet you know the rest by Tue end of the hand I'm penniless. Riveted the Q just to add the icing so finish QQQ 22. 

I then bought in for just two bucks and thought fk it, I play super aggressive, bluff tilt mode , I was out in the first hand lololol. 

Kiss my ass challenge. Keep your 100 bonus points. 

Rant finished. Feel bit better already. 

Got 2 bucks odd left. I shall wait till tommorow and grab my 250 bonus points and only stick to the 5 SNGs. . . 

Merry Xmas lads, may RNG Santa drop a sack full of cash your way

I only ever play Omaha as part of the missions, so I don't know if getting people to try something new works or not.

Was quite surprised to complete my double up first go yesterday, but felt so sorry for the guy next to me.
He didn't seem to 'get' Omaha so I suspect he was going for the mission, but he lost and bought back in 4 times that I saw. Not a good experience and hardly likely to make him want to play again!

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

The irony of all of this , is that I'm preferring Omaha , maybe the novelty will wear off. 

I played for a week solid on a play store game to learn the basics, uninstalled now though, can only learn so much from free to play. 

Think I went broke 3 times during this challenge holding a full house only to be beat with a better one. 

Can you fold a full house? 

Not long after the hand above , which by some miracle 2 pair held I hit Jacks over Kings, I wasnt overjoyed , I was paranoid he was holding KK lol, he wasn't and I should've milked it abit  . . . I realised that it was time to take a break thinking that madness. 

Also this challenge win should not have happened, I got chasing a flush draw and the lad was pumping the cash in, I think he missed his flush too, perhaps K high as I has the A , luck for me because he checked on the river, I shove with absolutely nothing , he tanks and folds, at the time though I put him on trips or fh, I should've never have shoved but I was past the point of no return. Sorry matey. 

"Can you fold a full house?"
Yes. If it's not strong in the river, and feels bad, throw away, or keep it low.
Simple as that.
People hardly bluff there, especially in "big" pots. That would be just stupid  😏

Lyrics from the song: Proud Mary :laugh:

"If you come down to the river
Bet you gonna find some people who live
You don't have to worry 'cause you have [if you got] no money
People on the river are happy to give"

Alright , I forgive you for this mission , unibet peoples. 

Your evil plan worked and now I love Omaha. 

@Rushbie makes sense about the fh , cheers. 

Couple things -

Busted on the bubble Omaha fireball £1. 

Lost £6 in an all in cash game, this guy no matter who raised , reraised them, almost every time. I thought he was at it. . . 

I have kings and some other bumf, I know what he is going to do before it happens so I just min raise, he re raises, I flop a set , I think I got you now player re raising aggro MF. He raise , I re raise hopefully to slow him down but he snap shoves, oops. He had flopped a A high straight and I missed my paired board. Looks like he wasn't being a bum and was just on a small heater. Lesson learned. . . 

Or was it  

Same scenario at PLO 10 , haha don't ask , bought in for £5 bucks. 

These guys were nuts. . . I flop a set of Q. All in , I finish with my FH, he has a pair of 6s. Awesome, I soon left after that, just dipped my toe in to see what it was like and to catch a drop perhaps  but they had finished for the night. 

Back to PLO 4 when I get time, its not an exciting story by all means, but I have the grasp of Omaha now. Thanks for your input.

Archived