LIVE BLOG - Unibet Open Bucharest 2017

JoshBarkerPoker

UNIBET OPEN BUCHAREST - HIGH ROLLER DAY 1

30548783834_93d22f5297_o.thumb.jpg.39fe9520165c93be4603229fa496bcd4.jpgGood evening everyone, and welcome to Bucharest for the final Unibet Open of the year

I'm very excited to be here again and blogging on the community page to give you all updates on the various events throughout the next few days.

The main focus will of course be on the Main Event starting tomorrow, however, tonight will consist of a few updates from the high roller as a few of the Unibet ambassadors are taking part. As always, if you know of someone who is in the high roller and would like an update on how they're doing, be sure to reply to this post and I'll do my best to get some information.

David Lappin, Espen 'Uhlen' Jorstad, and Rauno 'Estonian Jesus' Tahvonen are all currently playing the high roller, with Rauno making the worst start out of the three, losing with AA against rivered trip jacks.

Good luck to them all and the rest of the players playing the high roller. Late registration is open until the end of level seven for the €2000 + €200 event.

IANY SATELLITES IN!36800364985_b6538c75f1_o.thumb.jpg.f704906df066a9ee0fcec553f598313a.jpg

Unibet ambassador Ian Simpson has satellited into the high roller along with nine other players for the cut price of €250.

He joins the other Unibet ambassadors currently playing the high roller as well as many others, as the player count has risen above 60. 

Play has just reached its first break, and Rauno 'Estonian Jesus' Tahvonen is the shortest of the ambassadors, sitting on around 10,000 with blinds at 200/400 when play resumes.

David Lappin has made a solid start, up to 46,000, meanwhile Ian and Espen sit on 28,000 and 37,000 respectively.

HIGH ROLLER DAY 1 DRAWS TO A CLOSE38698901842_34ceccc12f_o.thumb.jpg.b9f9a28546c079d54fe0b7f703e0ef81.jpgThe first day of the high roller is coming to an end here in Bucharest.

All of the Unibet ambassadors still remain with not long to go of Day 1, including Dara O'Kearney who late registered after the first break.

With 88 entrants so far, the prize pool is looking healthy at just over €170,000. 

On tomorrow's blog, I will mainly focus on Day 1A of the main event, however, I will give occasional updates and report on anything big happening in the high roller.  

One more level remains before Day 1 ends, and that's where the coverage will end for today. Short but sweet I'm sure you'll agree, but I look forward to tomorrow for the main event and I hope to see plenty of interaction from you all. Please don't hesitate to get involved!

It's good to be back folks, any questions, comments or requests on who to cover tomorrow please let me know either on here, or give me a shout in person and I'd be more than happy to accomodate. 

Good night and see you all tomorrow! 

@MarcoV wrote:

@MathrimC@whereisrivaldo, @jonny2192@sgriff@BroederTuck @FeelsBadMan@pirahn (I'm sure I forgot some of you, sorry! Don't have the players list atm)

You guys up for a walk around the parliament building?

I'll be in front of the hotel at 11:45 so please join me unless you're about to start playing :)

@MarcoV

I was playing today but unfortunately I'm already out.

I'm guessing you're already back from your little walk 😃

Archived