Hotel/Hostel Malta

triceraatopp

Hi!

Since I had my head in the clouds as usual when I booked the flight I will arrive to Malta a day early and leave a day late.

My br cant really support a extended stay at the package hotel so if anyone that knows the area could tip me of a cheap hostel/hotel I would be really greatfull

Another money saving tip, Jump on the bus to the hotel its right outside the terminal and its 1e per journey(or was) 5 minute walk when you get off to the hotel.

There is a website for the malta buses and if you find the stop where you need to get off each stop is displayed on the bus so easy to find your stop.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@triceraatopp, https://www.publictransport.com.mt/ is the official website with all the routes and schedules of the local buses.
If you are thinking on taking a taxy, downloading the E-Cabs or Taxify app is the best way to go since they are relatively cheap. Avoid the white taxy's, they are sharks and will probably over charge you.
Apartment wise, AirBnB is an option but if you are looking to go even cheaper, there are some facebook groups, couch surfing apps.... but if you are having difficulties with it, let me know and I'll try to find you something myself :)

Former Community Moderator

@jonny2192 wrote:

Another money saving tip, Jump on the bus to the hotel its right outside the terminal and its 1e per journey(or was) 5 minute walk when you get off to the hotel.

There is a website for the malta buses and if you find the stop where you need to get off each stop is displayed on the bus so easy to find your stop.

There's actually also an app for that now called "Tallinja", if you use that you'll be able to see all buses coming to your stop in the next 30 minutes very accurately(same can't be said for the boarded schedule) :)

Former Community Manager

Archived