Iceland in Euro 2016

startelver

Iceland are one of five teams that will play in their first ever European Championships this summer. The other teams are Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Wales and Albania.  So which of the countries will last longer ?  

Impossible to tell really but Iceland been looking really strong , thanks to solid defence and a very organized playing system .  

This is the predicted line up, the 11 that will start  : 

Kristinsson; Skúlason, R Sigurdsson, Árnason, Sævarsson; Gudmundsson, G Sigurdsson, Gunnarsson, Bjarnason; Sigthórsson, Finnbogason. All of the players in Lars Lagerbäck squad have experience of working together, with reserves more than capable of stepping in.

The last friendly game against Norway in Oslo ended 3-2 to the hosts. Iceland looked weak in that match and Norway played very well .

But I think Iceland will surprise any team they play against  , just like they did in the qualifications .  The problem is experience since this is the first time they participate.

Do I believe they will  get past the group stage ?  Not really because Portugal and Austria are the favourites in that group . But I want to see a fairytale story with Iceland. 

If Leicester can win the Premier League , well why not Iceland ....? 

:robothappy::catwink:

Archived