Poker tournaments have been paused automatically due to a short server issue around midnight CEST. The paused tournaments will not resume but be cancelled according to policy. Click here for more info on the process. ×

Need help please

GIO333

Hello everyone, I bet a substantial sum of 555.00 euros on a Chilean basketball match on December 21, 2023 at 10:58:22 p.m., when the bet was placed, the display of the match told me that it was a meeting of the Chilean national league... But after verification on my part... it turns out that this meeting was not a league meeting but rather a Chilean cup meeting... You know better than me since you work for a sports betting site, that in football as well as in basketball or in all other team sports that a league match and a cup match are given their context (the importance given or not by the coach, the turnover of the squad to rest major players or give playing time to young players or underused players...) can have completely different physiognomy... 

Isent several emails to Unibet but they told me that it indeed confirmed that there was an error on their part but referred me to the T&C. B.5.33 which concerns the naming of the teams but in no case the error in the naming of the event... I find it extremely unfair that despite their error they do not cancel my bet because once again, it is a large sum and in no case would I have bet if I had known it was a cup match...
Can you help me please, I don't know what else to do.

Screenshot_20231223_185021_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_184920_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_184739_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_184731_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_184600_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_184003_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_183913_Chrome.jpg

Overall it is bettors responsibilty to know what they are betting, this could have been easily checked from 3rd party sources like flashscore that you used for result. If they would credit lost bets back for this mistake then they would have right to collect back winning bets too and would you be comfortable with it if your bet would have won? There probly was cash out option when match started that you could have used to minimize damage?

Ofc you can file complaint against them but it is mist likely just waste of time.

Dorry for loss, next time more carefull.

Thanks for you reply liv but, Firstly, I bet live and not in pre match so I couldn't cash out then, I didn't follow the match live I just looked at the score on another site where I discovered that it was a cup match...Afterwards what I don't understand is that they are justifying themselves by part of the T&C which has nothing to do with my problem...

Can you tell me how to file a complaint?

Thanks for taking time to respond to me

Bet being livebet don't make much difference as you could have checked everything before placing your bet but anyhow, as you seem to be from Belgium and i think you have your own gambling commision i would google how to file complaint to them. Should't be too hard, most likely just some form to fill.

As said earlier i wouldn't get my hopes up as for my experience there is nothing much to complain in this situation but then again i am just random dude in community so if you eant certainty you have right to file complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems that unibet is always right even if they are wrong... It's a shame that despite the fact that I have been a customer for so many years and that I play and deposit so much, and even if Unibet is wrong, you can do nothing because they will always be right and you can do nothing .. No more respect for them