Poker Metrics

miller00

How can a professional poker player effectively convert metrics like game duration, pot size, and number of hands played into a standardized format for analyzing and comparing different playing strategies? I'm seeking advice on methods and tools that can help transform these data into a format that's easier to analyze.

Guys like Matt Berkey and crew on the Only Friends YT channel  regularly discuss win rates and variance and how hard it is to come up with meaningful figures. The simplest figures are BB/100 in cash games and ROI in tourneys but needing pretty big sample sizes to be useful. If your then changing strategies you would need large sample sizes for each one, a much larger task. 

I'm only a part time rec, there are many better candidates that may be able to help, but Good Luck and welcome to the community. 👍🙂

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

5 hours ago, miller00 said:

How can a professional poker player effectively convert metrics like game duration, pot size, and number of hands played into a standardized format for analyzing and comparing different playing strategies? I'm seeking advice on methods and tools that can help transform these data into a format that's easier to analyze.

Collect the data yourself for each session, put it into an Excel file along with your results 

giphy.gif .

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"