Unibet Open Phase

Psycho79

I'll let @Andy-Relax comment here, but I think for now we're just testing it out, and generally speaking we need to collect more data on phased tournaments, before we commit to something recurring/regular. But if there's a demand (and it won't result in bigger overlay in regular sat tree), I don't see why not 🙂 

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

6 minutes ago, Psycho79 said:

@Stubbe-Unibet

I only suggest putting out one time event €10 phase next to €1 without any expectations to become a regular qualifier path. Plenty of time till Oct15 to collect 200buyins, I would say 0% chance overlay, low risk test 😋

Tbh I wouldn't be worried about overlay in the phase either. It's more about how it might have an impact on regular sat tree. Due to the many different finals we're running, the GTD on the regular UO final isn't exactly impressive at the moment 🙂

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

We were going to run €1 and €25 at the same time but after a quick poll on Discord the majority wanted the €1 so we went for that as the test. I don't think €10 or €50 are suitable because we wouldn't want tickets from the normal tree bleeding into the phases and I also think the shine will wear off pretty quickly on a recurring phase so I don't see that happening in any form (Unibet Live or otherwise) in the near future.

There also isn't time to run anything directly after the €1 because of the UOS and post UOS is too close to the event. 

I can see a €25 phase to the UO in 2024 though 🙂

Poker Janitor

@Stubbe-Unibet @Andy-Relax

...'' the GTD on the regular UO final isn't exactly impressive at the moment 🙂''...

Just regarding that. Yesterday I played the 10uo sat 6x50uo gtd, it finished 3-4mins before UOFinal lr closed...but no hyper, no flip, not a single chance turning that 50uo into 250uo...instead of that IPO sat shortly upcoming. I would also play for a DSO package every thursday if got a 250uo in between. Another chance next sunday, or maybe not...

What I mean is, despite the traffic has increased compared to the past, unibet still doesn't have many players to play the 250uo sats directly, and the rest what is more important doesn't plan on grinding the tix in advance, but mostly hop into available games last minute if they feel like it.

That sat had 11x50uo plus a few refunds to be paid out. Or 2players more in the Final if you organize it better. 

It could turn into  a 10uo>2x250uo next weeks/exclusively on sundays, 10uo r/a or just start way earlier/faster structure with a further option 50>250 available. People really want to get in last min...

P.S. also not enough chances getting a Supermoon tix last min, 2x50>250 is practically an exclusion for players who can only afford 5-10 one time sat, while the only 10>50 that day runs 7:30pm cet...that needs reconsideration even if you think you collect enough entries and no need to risk overlaying sats.

Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Psycho79 said:

Just regarding that. Yesterday I played the 10uo sat 6x50uo gtd, it finished 3-4mins before UOFinal lr closed...but no hyper, no flip, not a single chance turning that 50uo into 250uo...

The Unibet Live tree is on a set 90 min schedule so not all qualifiers are going to fit/finish in time for the final but as it's a rolling tree, you can look at it as missed buy-ins for one final or the first buy-ins for the next one 🙂. You're also making an assumption that I don't think is correct that all the tickets won in that qualifier would go into a flip. A subset of players treat the tickets like a bankroll and are not going to fire them into flips for a chance to max late reg.

I would also play for a DSO package every thursday if got a 250uo in between. Another chance next sunday, or maybe not...

I don't know what you mean with this one? There are €50 to €250 qualifiers every day so I don't see why you'd have to wait until Sunday to win one.

What I mean is, despite the traffic has increased compared to the past, unibet still doesn't have many players to play the 250uo sats directly, and the rest what is more important doesn't plan on grinding the tix in advance, but mostly hop into available games last minute if they feel like it.

Part of the reason the €250s have been slow is because the event is so far away. This was expected and it's likely that things will start to pick up now we're 2 months away... at least the 4 packages generated last night would suggest that. Players also have more options to use tickets now, with the IPO and DSO so naturally there will be a small hit on UO final attendance as players qualify for earlier events instead.

As mentioned above, we have lots of players that grind the Unibet Live tree up to daily so you're assumption that every one just turns up on a Sunday is not correct.

That sat had 11x50uo plus a few refunds to be paid out. Or 2players more in the Final if you organize it better. 

It may have, it may not, but either way it the end result would still have been 4 packages last night. It's highly unlikely all the tickets go into some flip or hyper so best case scenario, it's two extra buy-ins that don't change the outcome of the final.

It could turn into  a 10uo>2x250uo next weeks/exclusively on sundays, 10uo r/a or just start way earlier/faster structure with a further option 50>250 available. People really want to get in last min...

R/As will not come back as long as I'm looking after the schedule. There is plenty of conversation in various threads about how bad they are, especially in qualifier trees. They still exist for the Nova purely out of my own laziness in replacing them and because they don't really have targeted sub-qualifiers so their effect is minimal.

Having said all of the above, I'm not opposed to adding a hyper €50->€250 at 20:00 CET on Sunday at the same time as the final starts as a last chance for players that won €50 tickets from the qualifier 90 minutes earlier. I think that makes more sense than trying to cram the 20:00 qualifier 10->50 winners into the final. It's also likely to just become impossible as the sats grow, as they're not going to finish before late reg in the final ends.

I'll add a 1 seat flip at 21:30.

P.S. also not enough chances getting a Supermoon tix last min, 2x50>250 is practically an exclusion for players who can only afford 5-10 one time sat, while the only 10>50 that day runs 7:30pm cet...that needs reconsideration even if you think you collect enough entries and no need to risk overlaying sats.

The sats run for a month and without checking, I'm pretty confident the number of players that only show up on the first Sunday of the month, specifically to just try to qualify for the moon, with no intention of buying in direct, is going to be very low. I don't really understand what you mean by "can only afford 5-10 one time sat" because if they can only afford one sat, why do they need lots of them in the schedule... they can only play one 🙂

That being said, the sats were scuffed this month. The backoffice isn't doing the things I tell it to when it comes to monthly scheduling. There will be lots of chances to qualify for the moon during UOS and in general it might just need some more manual intervention. I'll add it to my list of things to edit so the sats are up earlier so I can check them during the week before the target.

Appreciate the feedback as always, it's good to sanity check these things from time to times as tournaments get added and removed.

Edited by Andy-Relax

Poker Janitor

@Andy-Relax

A lot words taken too literally/directly here and out of their context. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm rather convinced you put great efforts working here, it's just easy to overlook things sometimes. The 10>50Supermoon is a good example for that, normally it's perfectly fine running it with a 50>250 ahead, but on that one given night, with the main starting soon after it doesn't make sense. I'm totally aware no tickets to be won in that or 6x50uo or any other sat will disappear and will put a brick into gtds the next time, it's just I think for many people it's here and now, and they are disappointed/me included, that missed that one extra chance to qualify. I also know you cannnot assume/expect all the tix winner to use flips or hypers to get that emergency entry, but some of them certainly seek for that option. And if keeping the Supermoon GTD growing or UOFinal being a priority among another lives, you should channel these entries as soon as possible and assist players getting their options. What I meant with playing the DSO final was that I would use any 250uo in the nearest event and not necessarily get another tix till Sunday, not every attempt is successful, but the point is, me and many other players are ready to try for it LASTMIN more than usual. So yeah:  "they can only play one 🙂"...they cannot cause there is none...the fact the gtds had hit doesn't mean cannot be better the next time, cause imo it's a snowball effect. R/As was just one options among others, they do their job every Sunday, didn't notice them overlaying too much, I don't see a reason for not to use them as sats, and did't realize you're planning on getting rid of them. Using any other format is fine just let the players getting their chances. And I agree about the structure of the UOFinals, probably misunderstanding, but one of the fewest sats supposed to maintain slow. 

Best regards!