Recent Crashes

Insideman

Hi, I'm currently experiencing infrequent crashes (0-1 times per day) using client v.3.29.0. They have been additionally frustrating as they happened in big pots with strong hands, and I have been unable to log back in quickly due to the long robot check sequences. I would like to see what there is I can do, as I still need to generate some XP before the quarter is over. 

The most recent thread on this topic appears to be this one: 

Is there a new special client build I should install to try to resolve the crashing?

@Insideman sorry to hear you're having issues! The link provided in the thread above should still work 🙂 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9tz94p31jr113z0hzi94h/win64-3.29.0prod-dump.zip?rlkey=6z853rgghshx3pq22gcpbjl3u&dl=1 - this is for Windows specifically 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

12 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

@Insideman sorry to hear you're having issues! The link provided in the thread above should still work 🙂 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9tz94p31jr113z0hzi94h/win64-3.29.0prod-dump.zip?rlkey=6z853rgghshx3pq22gcpbjl3u&dl=1 - this is for Windows specifically 

Thanks, I'm on Windows 11. I should add that I have a suspicion what might be causing the crashes. As I said, I was frustrated because the crashes happened in big pots with strong hands. I recall in both situations I typed a bet into the bet size box and as I clicked the bet button, the software crashed (to be more precise, in both situations a 3-bet had occurred preflop). I also have a recording of both crashes if you would like me to provide these files for you. I will give the special client version a try, but I will also avoid typing bets for the interim. As you can imagine these crashes are relatively expensive, so if I think I can prevent them, I won't deliberately try to cause them. It was suggested to me to use the bet slider to lower or increase bet sizes and I will try this, but perhaps you can test on your end whether typing the bets is the issue. Of course if my software crashes again you will have my debug files.

Is there anything I can do about the long "I'm not a robot" dialogues? My understanding is that not everybody has these checks. I'm guessing it has to do with my location in the UK. My ISP is British Telecom. I tried my phone network and it was the same, though I have noticed that there are less checks on other clients (browser etc.). I understand if you don't want to comment on this, it would just help recovery from client crashes. I've always had a small amount of client crashes, but in the past at least I could log back in and often save the hands that I am playing. That is not possible anymore, so the issue has become much more significant.

Edited by Insideman

13 minutes ago, Insideman said:

Thanks, I'm on Windows 11. I should add that I have a suspicion what might be causing the crashes. As I said, I was frustrated because the crashes happened in big pots with strong hands. I recall in both situations I typed a bet into the bet size box and as I clicked the bet button, the software crashed (to be more precise, in both situations a 3-bet had occurred preflop). I also have a recording of both crashes if you would like me to provide these files for you. I will give the special client version a try, but I will also avoid typing bets for the interim. As you can imagine these crashes are relatively expensive, so if I think I can prevent them, I won't deliberately try to cause them. It was suggested to me to use the bet slider to lower or increase bet sizes and I will try this, but perhaps you can test on your end whether typing the bets is the issue. Of course if my software crashes again you will have my debug files.

Is there anything I can do about the long "I'm not a robot" dialogues? My understanding is that not everybody has these checks. I'm guessing it has to do with my location in the UK. My ISP is British Telecom. I tried my phone network and it was the same, though I have noticed that there are less checks on other clients (browser etc.). I understand if you don't want to comment on this, it would just help recovery from client crashes. I've always had a small amount of client crashes, but in the past at least I could log back in and often save the hands that I am playing. That is not possible anymore, so the issue has become much more significant.

Better not to try and avoid the crashes. If you use the special build and can get me a dmp file as well as description of what you did just before the crash, I'll make sure you're more than fairly compensated 🙂 

As for the captcha, we're using the solution from Google, and there isn't much we can do for now. There's a bigger internal project around captcha, but it'll take a while before that's introduced.

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Better not to try and avoid the crashes. If you use the special build and can get me a dmp file as well as description of what you did just before the crash, I'll make sure you're more than fairly compensated 🙂 

As for the captcha, we're using the solution from Google, and there isn't much we can do for now. There's a bigger internal project around captcha, but it'll take a while before that's introduced.

Fair enough, I will resume play as normal and inform you if I observe the crash again. Thanks for the response.

i am experiencing same thing but its not related to anything , the app keep crushing , i open the app ( on windows ) log in and in matter of seconds the app just close . first time happend when i was playing and involved in 2 big pots ! 

2 days ago the app was doing strange things like i couldnt open new tables due to "technical error #3 " and couldnt auto rebuy and manual rebuy and above that when i closed the tables the money wont apear on the balance .. it took like 1h to reapear ! 

3 minutes ago, Fadi said:

i am experiencing same thing but its not related to anything , the app keep crushing , i open the app ( on windows ) log in and in matter of seconds the app just close .

Same thing is happening to me at the moment. The poker app has been working ok so far apart from a few random crashes here and there, but now it just closes right after opening it. Was working a couple hours ago.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:13 AM, Insideman said:

Fair enough, I will resume play as normal and inform you if I observe the crash again. Thanks for the response.

I wanted to follow up to say that I made it to the end of the quarter without crashes. I have a suspicion what might have been triggering the issue on my my machine. Shortly after I started using the debug/dump file version, my numbpad "died". I was using a detachable numbpad, connected to a USB hub. It basically stopped working in that config, and I moved it to a different port and it doesn't seem to malfunction anymore. The numbpad was what I connected to the crashes, since I would type a bet with it and then click bet and the software would crash (twice in 3 days). If I had to speculate, I would say this may have triggered something in the client as it seemingly did on my Windows 11 install (I received a USB controller error one time). It may also explain why the crashes started happening suddenly, since I hadn't observed that behaviour to that point.

How long can I keep using this software version for? Thanks for the interim.

Edited by Insideman

2 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

@Insideman thanks for the update! Happy to hear it's been working well for you!

You can use this client version until the release in a few weeks 🙂 

Alright, thanks for the update. Do I need to do anything or will it just update and overwrite my version?

I found a bug whilst using the debug version. I clicked the +1 table button to open a new table and the new table that opened up froze (it wouldn't let me buy in, so no loss of funds), but otherwise the software was functional. I think I've seen this happen rarely in the past, but since I'm using this software version, Is there any file I should share with you regarding it?

1 minute ago, Insideman said:

I found a bug whilst using the debug version. I clicked the +1 table button to open a new table and the new table that opened up froze (it wouldn't let me buy in, so no loss of funds), but otherwise the software was functional. I think I've seen this happen rarely in the past, but since I'm using this software version, Is there any file I should share with you regarding it?

Did the app actually crash? The special build will unfortunately only create the dmp file if the app crashes.

As it isn't a general issue as you say, we'd need a better idea about how to reproduce it. Curious if you did something special just before clicking +1. Or perhaps you had an MTT lobby open in the background?

On 10/5/2023 at 2:58 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Did the app actually crash? The special build will unfortunately only create the dmp file if the app crashes.

As it isn't a general issue as you say, we'd need a better idea about how to reproduce it. Curious if you did something special just before clicking +1. Or perhaps you had an MTT lobby open in the background?

No, there was no app crash. It was just that individual window that froze. Unfortunately I wasn't recording my screen before I clicked +1, but I started recording shortly after it froze. From that snapshot I can see that the +1 occurred at an NL table, whilst I was playing one Hexapro, with an additional Hexapro loading in the background. I was either in a waitlist for the Hexapro in the background or it just loaded when the freeze happened. I'm reasonably confident that there was no MTT lobby, since I wasn't playing any MTTs and I don't think I was browsing any lobbies either.