Poker data issues

Wizard

Every month I request a copy of my poker data. Unibet does not permit players to utilise HUDs / hand catchers / tracking software so this the only way for players to track results.
I really appreciate the time spent sending me this data.

Unfortunately, I have regularly encountered issues with the data received, including:

1) Duplicated results eg. The results for 25nl are identical to the results for 50nl, which means at least one of them is wrong.

2) Files are password protected and I have to phone / chat with support to get the password.
I then have to spend 15 minutes on the phone / use online chat to find out the password, which sometimes means running into a CS rep who has no clue what is going on or who initially gives me the wrong password. This seems to happen almost at random, I have requested that I just get sent the files with no password and was told that this isn't possible, but the majority of the time it is not password protected. 

3) Cash game results presented in aggregate, so no ability to look at individual games / stakes / days. 

4) Certain stakes are completely omitted.

5) Stakes combined incorrectly eg. 50NL and 50 Banzai combined into a single stake, or all Banzai combined into a single game.

6) No title on some pages so I can't work out if a file is covering MTTs or SNGs.

7) Only cash game results are shown with no info on hexapros, sngs, mtts...

There have also been issues where I received incorrect data, I emailed for a second time, received the data a second time and it had the same exact issue that I just requested help with.

To make it super clear, I'm asking for all the data for my play in a given month, including all the specific data for every single individual stake:

eg. Cash games: 50NL, 100NL, 200NL, 400NL, B20, B50, 50PLO, 100PLO, 200PLO.

So for 50NL I can see hands played, flops seen, rake paid, profit/loss. 

Then for 100NL I can see hands played, flops seen, rake paid, profit/loss. 

And so on for every stake. 

I don't play as many tournaments / hexapros / sngs but I would like the data for that as well.

Some months the data comes through perfectly the first time, which is amazing. 

I just received monthly data which was missing the majority of the data I was looking for. It had 50NL, 100NL, 200NL, 400NL but no PLO, banzai, sngs, hexapros, mtts etc.

I imagine many high stakes / high volume players are asking for similar data so I'm not sure if everyone else has the same issues or if I'm not asking the right question when I request data. Maybe its pure luck which CS rep gets it and some are unfamiliar with the request.

I really appreciate the help and I once again I want to thank Unibet for spending the time sending poker data.

Cheers

Wizard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

Every month I request a copy of my poker data. Unibet does not permit players to utilise HUDs / hand catchers / tracking software so this the only way for players to track results.
I really appreciate the time spent sending me this data.

Unfortunately, I have regularly encountered issues with the data received, including:

1) Duplicated results eg. The results for 25nl are identical to the results for 50nl, which means at least one of them is wrong.

2) Files are password protected and I have to phone / chat with support to get the password.
I then have to spend 15 minutes on the phone / use online chat to find out the password, which sometimes means running into a CS rep who has no clue what is going on or who initially gives me the wrong password. This seems to happen almost at random, I have requested that I just get sent the files with no password and was told that this isn't possible, but the majority of the time it is not password protected. 

3) Cash game results presented in aggregate, so no ability to look at individual games / stakes / days. 

4) Certain stakes are completely omitted.

5) Stakes combined incorrectly eg. 50NL and 50 Banzai combined into a single stake, or all Banzai combined into a single game.

6) No title on some pages so I can't work out if a file is covering MTTs or SNGs.

7) Only cash game results are shown with no info on hexapros, sngs, mtts...

There have also been issues where I received incorrect data, I emailed for a second time, received the data a second time and it had the same exact issue that I just requested help with.

To make it super clear, I'm asking for all the data for my play in a given month, including all the specific data for every single individual stake:

eg. Cash games: 50NL, 100NL, 200NL, 400NL, B20, B50, 50PLO, 100PLO, 200PLO.

So for 50NL I can see hands played, flops seen, rake paid, profit/loss. 

Then for 100NL I can see hands played, flops seen, rake paid, profit/loss. 

And so on for every stake. 

I don't play as many tournaments / hexapros / sngs but I would like the data for that as well.

Some months the data comes through perfectly the first time, which is amazing. 

I just received monthly data which was missing the majority of the data I was looking for. It had 50NL, 100NL, 200NL, 400NL but no PLO, banzai, sngs, hexapros, mtts etc.

I imagine many high stakes / high volume players are asking for similar data so I'm not sure if everyone else has the same issues or if I'm not asking the right question when I request data. Maybe its pure luck which CS rep gets it and some are unfamiliar with the request.

I really appreciate the help and I once again I want to thank Unibet for spending the time sending poker data.

Cheers

Wizard.

It's very likely luck of the draw when it comes to CS agents unfortunately. 

Since I started 2+ years ago, every new CS agent has specifically been shown how to correctly pull game stats for a player and generate them in a file. I unfortunately cannot ensure they remember how to do it, or do it properly when requested. Some don't even bother trying and raise it as a 2nd line case so someone else will do it and some just don't deal with poker related queries enough to really have an understanding of what you're asking for. They've also added a new layer of complexity recently by requiring the files to be password protected, which is probably slowing down the process as well.

A lot of the issues you're having sound like they just filtering problems. By default, the report shows every game type and the results aggregated per day. Files can only be downloaded when a specific game type (Cash/MTT/SNG/Hex) is chosen. The default filename does contain the format so I'm not sure why they're altering it and making it difficult to tell them apart.

Cash game results can be filtered by stakes so that for each day each stack played is on a separate line, and it sounds like this happens sometimes which is good, because that's what I show them 🙂. They shouldn't be sending you separate files per cash stake and format though, you can do the filtering yourself. We have to draw a line between being helping and wasting agents time somewhere and filtering in excel is not hard.

The tournament formats cannot be broken down like this so you're going to get an aggregate report unless you specifically ask for stakes and then you'll get a separate file per stake. You can also ask for a tournament history report that will show all tournament formats individually with buy-in, finishing place and prize but will not include any rake information.

14/10/2022 Banzai Hold'Em NL50

30/10/2022 Traditional Hold'Em NL50

I checked the output when filtering by all cash stakes and it does split them by format so I'm not sure they were combined in one of the reports you got.

When you're making the request it's probably best to ask for cash games (all stakes), MTTs, Hex and SNG for [insert date period here]. The agents are not going to give you more info than you ask for and I think if you ask for "October results" or something similar they'll likely just do one game type.

• Like 1

Poker Janitor