Why did I loose ?

V297

Hi @V297

Sometimes it's not easy for beginners checking their hands but you have to make the best possible hand from seven cards, from the  five on the table and the two you were dealt. This means you can use both, only one or indeed none from your hole cards. This can lead to you thinking you have two pairs with both hole cards but the pair on the board is higher. This leads to using the Q on the table and the Q in your hand for a pair of QQ, the two JJ on the table, two pairs QQ and JJ, and the T on the table as your best kicker. Your opponent also has two pairs, QQ and JJ but the A in his hand is a the better kicker, so he has QQJJA to your QQJJT. I hope this helps. 😐

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

49 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Hi @V297

Sometimes it's not easy for beginners checking their hands but you have to make the best possible hand from seven cards, from the  five on the table and the two you were dealt. This means you can use both, only one or indeed none from your hole cards. This can lead to you thinking you have two pairs with both hole cards but the pair on the board is higher. This leads to using the Q on the table and the Q in your hand for a pair of QQ, the two JJ on the table, two pairs QQ and JJ, and the T on the table as your best kicker. Your opponent also has two pairs, QQ and JJ but the A in his hand is a the better kicker, so he has QQJJA to your QQJJT. I hope this helps. 😐

Just to avoid any confusion. Yes, there are 7 cards, but you use 5 of these. So as explained above, even though you both had two pairs, the opponent had a better fifth card (kicker) with the ace vs your 3.

Say the opponent had a 9 instead of the ace, then you would have split the pot, as you'd have had identical hands (two pairs with the 10 being the kicker)

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions