Kenny Hallaert November Niner and Unibet Open Tournament Director questions

FeelsBadMan

Wow I didn't realize he made the final 9 as I don't pay too much attention to that.  I met Kenny a few times while playing in Belgium.  He has a great passion for poker and has helped the game a lot in that Country.  No question per say but would like to wish him all the best and good for him and Unibet with them working together.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say, the games changes so fast. 

When I started playing poker more seriously in 2008 I thought I would be able to do it for 4-5 years. We're already 8 years later and I'm still here. 
10 years is still so far away in this game. It's even hard to foresee what will happen in the next 3-4 years. I do think that live poker will be longer profitable then online poker.

@SpaceyFCB wrote:

Hard to say, the games changes so fast. 

When I started playing poker more seriously in 2008 I thought I would be able to do it for 4-5 years. We're already 8 years later and I'm still here. 

10 years is still so far away in this game. It's even hard to foresee what will happen in the next 3-4 years. I do think that live poker will be longer profitable then online poker.

Yeah i think you might be right, over 90 percent of live players have no clue what are they doing, online is like over 70 percent.

But hey maybe there will be another poker boom if USA joined in.

FiLo0iW

Do you think WSOP splitting the ME so the final table is months apart from the rest of the tournament was a good thing? Do you think the chancge was driven by ESPN or WSOP and do you think it'll revert back after the ESPN rights deal ends in 2017?

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

The 3 months in between are not done solely for us the players to prepare for the event. it is done to create a bigger buzz around the event and to be able to livestream the final table. This is good thing for poker in general and can only increase the popularity of it.

I have no idea what will happen after the ESPN deal ends.

When everyone was saying "Kenny Hallaert has made the WSOP Main Event final table!" I thought "Who?"  Then someone said "SpaceyFCB has made the WSOP Main Event final table!" I got excited.  Took me a while to realise...

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Archived