Poker or Betting... Bug, disconnect, cheating... Betting might be the choice?

boxas

Hi Community,

I used to like online poker but I have realised that as you can see on my profile picture that there is no security playing poker online ,( bugs, disconnected, cheater, security, friends being at the same table... players using programs, agressive people...).

However with betting it looks like it is you and your bet and you win or lose... no other player involve.

With the World cup, and all the summer competition I would like to know your advice, have you stopped to play poker and how is it now betting?

Of course you can win and lose like everywhere but I would like to find out why do you chose betting?

Thanks

@boxas Do you plan to play poker or bet for a living? If the answer is NO, then it doesn't matter have fun. Bugs are everywhere, but the get resolved. As a reminder you don't live in bubble where everything is perfect. As for disconnections i had between 1 and 3 in the last 5 years, and all were on my end, so i think that 99% of the time its the users fault and not Unibet's. On the cheating part i can say this, 90% of the players don't have the mentality for this game and they lie to themselves that this guys cheat or the software is rigger or some other BS. The reality is like in life you don't put the work and expect everything to get dealt to you on a silver platter. But if you are a realist you know that luck has an expiration date and when there is no luck and you didn't work hard to get skill you get crushed. So wake up my friend and stop blaming everything but you. Put the work and you shall get rewarded. PEACE. Have a nice day.

@boxas wrote:

Hi Community,

I used to like online poker but I have realised that as you can see on my profile picture that there is no security playing poker online ,( bugs, disconnected, cheater, security, friends being at the same table... players using programs, agressive people...).

However with betting it looks like it is you and your bet and you win or lose... no other player involve.

With the World cup, and all the summer competition I would like to know your advice, have you stopped to play poker and how is it now betting?

Of course you can win and lose like everywhere but I would like to find out why do you chose betting?

Thanks

You got a good point there my friend , this is exactly where i stand on poker these days !! I mean if you are a big fan of some sports and you are knowledgeable about it !! your edge on betting vs poker /technology and all that jazz , the difference in edge and control of your equity can be significan hehe like you said, the chip/money gets milk by an intermediary !  it all depends how good your milk taste after being milked vs your ability to juge and predict the outcome of a game / a fight by experience / stats

i love both , in poker you share your equity , betting you take all the good and bad

I might go for betting, so many competitions as you said, plus a lot of info around... I used to like to bet on NBA and tennis but I might go for football too as you can have a lot of information and  the live bet is great deal... I will think about it ;)

@boxas wrote:

My question is not what do you think about unibet app, but what to chose between playing on a poker app where there is people cheating, disconnections, bug or betting...

my answer was about all poker sites vs betting on sports...not only unibet !

you gotta play poker when ist time to play poker you know what i mean? :)

@Kliedz_Zivju wrote:

i think poker your more in control of you odds and making good or bad bets with betting you in the hands of the house

Generally i agree. But sports bets with knowledge, good bankroll managment is good choice... In 98% i play poker and sports bets for fun,. Like in poker you must accept many spots...  but sport betting it is not only :  win/draw/lose team,  you have many interesting events:  under/over goals ,  corners, live betting,   cashouts,  systems, - in good hands  like in poker it can be profit. Theoretically  sport betting is less tiring then poker and consumes less time :)

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@FreedoM wrote:

@boxasDo you plan to play poker or bet for a living? If the answer is NO, then it doesn't matter have fun. Bugs are everywhere, but the get resolved. As a reminder you don't live in bubble where everything is perfect. As for disconnections i had between 1 and 3 in the last 5 years, and all were on my end, so i think that 99% of the time its the users fault and not Unibet's. On the cheating part i can say this, 90% of the players don't have the mentality for this game and they lie to themselves that this guys cheat or the software is rigger or some other BS. The reality is like in life you don't put the work and expect everything to get dealt to you on a silver platter. But if you are a realist you know that luck has an expiration date and when there is no luck and you didn't work hard to get skill you get crushed. So wake up my friend and stop blaming everything but you. Put the work and you shall get rewarded. PEACE. Have a nice day.

well said friend...

im not sure how many hands we have played because we change alias constanly...but i remember 1 i raise utg with jj i get 3 bet by a likely very tight holder then you just shove all in around 50 bb with 88 :P 

@FreedoM wrote:

@pittpittI only use the alias "FreedoM" in the community MTTs. Maybe it was in one of them or maybe it wasn't me :) If it was me and i suckedout i'm sorry but i do play pretty loose aggressive.

no worries man no sorry needed , i jfolded the other guy has aa flop k q something... river j !  well i tough i was beat pre flop then that flop i couldnt get to the river ....just saying ...i was like jeez hes agreesive as hell :P

Archived