Preflop raise

RedHotChiliP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 2 more final tables today. 

HU against old Chap in the Malta Community Rumble

1595606343_ScreenShot2018-04-22at23_22_22.thumb.png.a93c419229af734cfe106d0c073f046d.png

Ended like that... and I thought I was a ladies man! :Rofl: Well, used to be maybe... hahaha

The other Final-table, got robbed with AA for a straight, got robbed with AQ to a river 7 (He pushed K7 on my raise) survived with less than a bb with a set of 10s, next hand JJ and guy to the right raises a bit more than my 4000 or so chips. I´m ahead until river, when his Q6s gets a straight. LOL! 

STRAIGHT down the drain. 

Another great day at the tables though... How long can this last ?

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

Hey @RedHotChiliP

Here’s the run she’s on over the last 2 days - hands where either her or opponent were all-in. They are usually to cash or to win the sit and go; a Banzai hand in there too. During this period she’s knocked out just 3 people we think, 2 of them in the same hand. So 2 winning hands, both where she went in ahead, v these losers.

If it was me it would be up there as one of my worst ever runs. For her, in only her 3rd week of playing, she’s not finding it funny.

AA lost to 88

JJ lost to A8

J8 lost to AK

AK lost to A3

KK lost to JJ

AK lost to K6

AA lost to QQ

AJ lost to A9

J9 lost to A9

Q9 lost to ÀK

QQ lost to KK

A10 lost to 77

AJ lost to J9

For the record, @RedHotChiliP ,  the world is back on its axis. She's won 3 and finished 2nd once in her last 5 STTs.

The only one she lost - randomdude & svartvid got lucky on the bubble. She had it sewn up but then had to rush because we had a visitor. All in all though, it's been a good lesson for a beginner. Keep doing the right thing and in the end the results come your way.

Sng today: I fold QQ 3-handed in SB behind a push, just to get in the money... 

A few hands later my mind short-circuited and I called with 66 on BB from same guys push. He had KK and I "bubble-boyd." 

🤣

Talk about making the absolute worst choice TWO times! Hahaha

It´s all good though, usually finishing in the money in the sng´s, and when I don´t it´s because I´m too aggro... 

Bravo Grandfather! 

He sees me play ONLY high pairs and crushing opponents, I´m 2nd placed in the cash game freeroll, and right before the money he calls a BIG raise from me in position with Q9off. 

Flop comes and he min raise, I 3-bet him ( I have 55, flop is not good for any of us but I put the pressure on) He flat calls. 

Irrelevant turn comes and he checks, I raise hard : 24-25000. Another call.

River is a Q and I push all in, he was fishing for gutshot straight, on the bubble basically, and hit his top pair and OMG how is it possible to sit and THROW OUT CHIPS with NADA !!!!

FFS!!!! 

❤️♥️❤️ bull❤️♥️❤️ donkplay!

@RedHotChiliP

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Bravo Grandfather! 

He sees me play ONLY high pairs and crushing opponents, I´m 2nd placed in the cash game freeroll, and right before the money he calls a BIG raise from me in position with Q9off. 

Flop comes and he min raise, I 3-bet him ( I have 55, flop is not good for any of us but I put the pressure on) He flat calls. 

River is a Q and I push all in, he was fishing for gutshot straight, on the bubble basically, and hit his top pair and OMG how is it possible to sit and THROW OUT CHIPS with NADA !!!!

FFS!!!! 

Need some clarity on the flop turn and river please

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@RedHotChiliP It's hard when it goes like this, is this birthday luck or normal luck. How did it go 

It´s BS, that´s all it is... He´s seen me play and win with AA, QQ, and KK or AK as far as I remember, and won´t let the hand go. I didn´t play anything else than the very strong hands and it paid off and put me up 2nd (for a while).

I got a €10 cashgame ticket out of it. 

@Shoryureppa wrote:

@RedHotChiliP

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Bravo Grandfather! 

FFS!!!! 

Need some clarity on the flop turn and river please

Sorry, Reppa, can´t be bothered. He played awful, there´s nothing more to it. Even hitting the Q on the river, the way I played before that hand AND that hand he can´t possibly believe he is ahead when I push all in. By then he probably feels pottied or something and just goes for it. Any overpair, two pair, three of a kind beats him, even I could have hit a straight with that board. But the problem is when he is 3-bet he calls, when the turn comes and he still has NOTHING he manage to call a bet more than 5 bb. It´s just sad that he was rewarded for that awful poker. 

Oh, and the reason he was having some chip at that point: He won with 46off a couple of hands before against AK. 

👍

I didn´t do any rebuys so it was free for me and I got paid 10euro. That´s the only thing positive about it. Getting into the money everyday. Shoud have pushed  that low pair maybe, but who knows, seems like Q9o was the hand of the millenium for him. Probably would make the call either way.

@RedHotChiliP Yeah about the way that hand played out....he really never backed from a challenge...and he really played an unorthodox game....luck wins but skill will always benefit in the long run.....the very lllloooonnnggggg run. 

Great news from you that you’re constantly in the money, strong run :cash:

Hi @RedHotChiliP

Thought you might find this fits with your view.

My partner, who has been playing poker for less than a month, just said, “Are there any good players on this site?”

She was fresh from a sit and go where a player called SenSen something or other had gone all in around 30 times, even before the heads-up, and another player was constantly throwing chips away with girmless minimum raises - no understanding of S and G dynamics.

I had to reply,  “No, sweetpea. You’ve logged on to the wrong site for that.”  

@illiteratum

I´m pretty sure she could go to €4 or €10 and make a bankroll quite easily. There´s probably slightly less stupendous action there... (irony), but the level of skill is probably totally managable for her. Might even be better to play a little higher stakes to avoid all the worst push-maniacs.

Possibly @RedHotChiliP but don’t encourage her! I’m trying to teach her conservative bankroll management here.

Like me, her favourite game is the sit and go and she’s still a way to go before tackling good players. She’s killing the low stakes games (more than doubled her bankroll in a month) but still has big gaps to fill. She knows some of the probabilities for standard hands but not enough, and she still makes errors in calculating pot odds. The spirit is willing; the maths are weak. She calls to see the next card too often, doesn’t know what to do when confronted with the “I don’t know what I’m doing here so I’ll go all-in” type donk, and last night I caught her in the ultimate betrayal. At a full table she played a minimum raise from UTG - I’d rather she was shagging the local butcher than do that to me after all I’ve taught her

I shall tell her of your confidence in her ability though

Archived