Preflop raise

RedHotChiliP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh look how all those messages magically disappeared... looks like the almighty cleanser have been serving his purpose for the cult...

We don´t call a donk a donk here, that would be bad, very bad... 

Let me rephrase: Willie Banaan did an excellent job in ruining the game for a lot of people last night. And for that he was rewarded a package. Good on him.

:puking::puking::puking::puking::puking: 

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

When you call yourself BigB00bs and you decide to push THE FIRST HAND OF THE TOURNEY after being 4-bet, with 1010, you have a problem.

And my AA  - not good. Boob-boy got a set. Fan-f.....tastic! 

:puking::puking::puking:

347756305_ScreenShot2018-04-16at23_41_55.thumb.png.77ac35af89c209a61ec7e70711206236.png

I felt like, yes, this is the first hand I should get involved with... then 2 guys all in and I had to fold. RUB IT IN! 

2 hands later, all in on flop with a flushdraw king high, no flush, guy with set of 2s knocks me out. Lovely. 2 hands played. 

@RedHotChiliP The pocket 9 Hand

That was a total flip bro. Wether you call or not I dont consider it a bad call unless of course you pinpoint a range that your opponent plays.

I have grown accustomed to not being bothered by what has been missed in circumstances where the risk taking was unnecessary. 

I think you're a great player. Got a blog?

Thanks @Shoryureppa for thinking I`m a great player. Unfortunately, I´m not there...yet! ;) 

But working on it. I´m still not sure about the hand though. When there´s 2 guys, not 1, all in, I´m usually dominated by a higher pair (and one with AK) like in the picture. So I would HAVE to hit my set. Anyone else have an opinion on this. 

I guess there´s value in such a big pot. 

Nope, not a blogger. 

:rockon:

I just EFFIN fold QQ because of these STUPID buttons, and up against two bigger stacks, perfect flop, turn and river, they checked it down with AK both of them. 

I know this will be covered with hearts, so here goes: ❤️♥️❤️ ❤️♥️❤️ ❤️♥️❤️ !

😠😠😠😠

FIX THE LAY OUT SOONER, NOT LATER, PLEASE! @RayL

Hi @RedHotChiliP

Just a thought:

In a tournament in which people won't put hands down pre-flop, so for example a 4XBB raise attracts 3 callers, with AK you're no better than 35-40% and you don't like being in that situation,

AND you think, (correctly or incorrectly), you're the best player at the table 

AND you don't want to push

why are you not flat calling for one of 4 options?

a) You get a host of others in the hand and you outplay them post-flop

b) You hit the flop hard. No-one can read what you have since you haven't raised. You make hay.

c) You get a raiser after you, at which point you can re-raise to take everyone out or be against just that 1 player

d) You fold like a flan in a cupboard - damage to tournament chances minimal. But you have to have the discipline to put them down

It's not actually illegal to have AK and not make the first raise. No-one will come knocking on your door to drag you off to the cells :geek:

Also, on another subject - you obviously lover poker and take it seriously, so (and I can't think of a polite way of asking this), how the feck do you not know what EV is and how the feck do you win without knowing? :laugh:

What hand are you referring to? 

I obviously donn´t diss anyone for opening with AK.. I was just sad I didn´t make the call or got the chance to make the call with 99. 

And in the other my post is pretty clear, I ❤️♥️❤️ed up, folding QQ, cuz of these crammed buttons. I was going to raise 3bb but hit the fold right on the edge instead. It annoys the hell out of me every day, the lay out in the client. It´s REALLY bad! 

I know what EV means, did I say I don´t? I am not that good at the math-part in poker, but getting slightly better little by little. So knowing what EV is, I might not be good at using it. 

I can dish it out so I can handle a little mocking, dude. Hahaha

@illiteratum

To be honest, I play differently on this site from others I play on. I fold high aces regularly in early position on here because I know a standard raise will get zero respect, and I'm then stuck playing Ace high, with 3 players following me. I'd rather keep the chips for a good position.

Oh, my opening post of this thread ? 

Well, I don´t like limping in with good hands, I never did and probably never will...even if the game has changed over the years... so flat calling AK will prooooobably never happen. Even if it´s a tourney and early on. I´d rather lose some chips and struggle a bit or even bust early with a good hand if it´s not a big buy-in and try a new one -  OR make a nice stack early on and work it from there. And I know there´s no point having ❤️♥️❤️loads of chips early on in a tourney, but it DOES help me in my way of playing, I can see more hands without having the blinds eat me up... 

I have a feeling I might change my playing style the next few months though... we´ll see. 

@illiteratum

1st place last night in a shooting star bounty and 2nd place tonight in another mtt after being chip leader with 180.000 more chips HU. 

I´m not even going to describe the hand he doubled up with, or maybe I should...

When chipleader on button raises preflop and villain pushes, chipleader calls with A8s. Villain shows J4s.

He gets 2 pairs, I hit my ace. LOL

After that it was bingo and I lost with K10 to A6. 

€90 won, and seeing some consistancy is great. 

@illiteratum

So 3 days in a row, getting paid in mtt´s.

3 days ago: 1st place, last night 2nd place

Tonight I got paid in the TITAN, and only a little bit unlucky with the last hand and some really aggro blind-thieves away from bigger money. Did 3 or 4 rebuys so didn´t really make money there. 

I should have been in the money like 4 times tonight, but there´s some insane fishing going on in the shoot outs and I got rivered more than once in the same tourneys; good stack, crippled, climbed back and got rivered again..

In the end it paid off with 1st place and €81.90 in a FIREBALL. But damn did I fight for it! And for once I rivered some gold to keep me going on the final table. 

I´ve also won like 5 different tickets yesterday and today. 

Not bad for a math-disaster. Hahaha

@illiteratum @Shoryureppa @triceraatopp

Here’s the thing @RedHotChiliP

Isn’t it the same kind of play from others that allows you to obtain those results, that also sends you on tilt, that also leads to you posting hands on here questioning the sanity of the other player in an outdraw?

You’re not going to get the former without also suffering regular bad beats and outdraws

In my opinion, on this site compared to others, the general tournament standard is poor, in cash games it’s below average and in sit and gos it’s diabolical. The outdraws my partner and I have had this morning while teaching her STT strategy would send you off a high buliding’s roof. In one game a player called Yvonne was all in 4 times, behind each time and survived accumulative odds of 38-1 to knock us out. Part and parcel for the site mate.

And as if to highlight the point, Tilte someone or other just survived 4 all ins to the tune of 22-1 to win a sit and go.

So in just 2 sit and gos, heads up, identical situation, 8 hands with oppo all in lost at odds of 900-1. That’s going some.

Yes, of course, obviously, and we want it, cuz it makes us win. But I still find it strange how often people hit their gutshot or runner runner even, to take down a really strong hand. And I´ll never stop complaining when it happens, cuz feelings is also part of the game. Lately I have somehow managed to control myself more, and it pays off - in final tables 3 days in a row. Also of course cuz I play less hands and look for spots to limp in and gain huge pots when people think their top pair is the shizznizz...lol

I actually tried a few times flat calling AK, made me lose chips fishing and lose the hands in general, but I will do it more. I gotta be more openminded than just saying no, not my kind of play. :-p 

Sorry for your partner, hope she gets more lucky so she doesn´t lose the interest early on. 

@illiteratum

I’ve told her exactly the opposite @RedHotChiliP 

Be the unlucky player. Be the one at the table that keeps getting outdrawn. Don’t be the one punching the air at hitting a 12-1 shot on the river. The more times you’re outdrawn, the better player you are and the more you profit. 

After about 3 weeks she’s already in the top ten percentile of low stakes sit and go players (which is ridiculous). It’s incredible how often, and of how many players you can say, “There are no two cards in the deck that make that bet correct.” Every game at least one player, often all four of them, and nearly always centred around an all-in.

Re limping with AK, it’s just an option, rather than always doing the same thing.

I just wasted a €10 ticket

Qualifier for the €250 Unibet Open

Next line says Multibuy. 

1000chips. 

I thought it was a rebuy and pushed Aq overcards after two guys checked. One of them hand 910 and a pair, and I was ready to rebuy, turns out the multibuy is connected to line above, I guess... 

👍

Archived