Unibet open malta final, very confused, help pleace

triceraatopp

The qualifiers start just before I drive to work, and by the time I arrive there the late-reg. is closed, so I won´t be playing any rumbles until tuesday next week, unless I drive early one of the next days. :)

I  came 2nd in a shooting star today, but all in all, not a very good day at the tables. 

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

Hi @triceraatopp,you see my post,and intention,completely wrong.I dont underestimate your success or you.

If its due to a misunderstanding the terms and conditions,wich I doubt,then there is no problem posting that as a answer on your first post,question.
Given that the answer was "Confirmed, see you in Malta",it gives me right to have suspisious.

What about other players,did they receive any messege?
Doubt about that.
If I played that tournament,I would like to know why ended like that.

Ok if you dont wanna post opponent alias,but this is exacly why I would PM "the team" in the first place,just not to compromoise the case.

In the end,you dont need to feel concern or unconfort as my intention was not to call out you,but "Unibet" to clear up this case.
Also,have no intenton to discusse,any more,this case with other members as it would be just guessing.Who,what,why,if..

@JeppeL, @RayL, @Leo-Unibet

While I understand the speculation, I unfortunately cannot provide much information on the matter as it "belongs" to the player in question and he/she isn't the one asking us about the situation here on the community - sorry guys, but we wouldn't do that for any of you either :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

LOL @JeppeL ,ok you don't need explaining to me,but present (defend) Unibet.He (she) would be an idiot,after all, to ask for explanation,when he cheated.

I am not such a big poker player and dont spend half of my day "grinding poker"(studing opponents),therefore this case does not have "big" impact on my life.
But this represent current situation in poker world.

Or maybe you are right,given that only @Inhuman backed me and share my view,means a good old one "if it does not touching you,have no relation with you,just turn your head on other side and keep walking".

I guess it will always be "we" against "you"(company),rather than "we" and "you".

In the end,given that @triceraatopp backed your last post,

for me this case is closed.

@XY There is no "we against you" and I don't believe we've done anything wrong or against the rules, I just can't give out information on a personal/account specific matter :)

In the same way, I would also never write anything here about your account unless you've asked for it ;)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@XY Im not disagreeing with you, i didnt think of answering here since i wrote to u directly instead. I liked jeppes post becouse I understand and think its resoneble that @JeppeL cant say anything about one specifik player and the situaton,  gets a bit uncomferteble for me to when the discussion is about the specific case that I was involved in.

I think it would be much better to have general discussion/question thread since the things we accualy wounder is questions like  "what happends if you where to win 2 packs to the same UO"

"what do unibet do if they find out that someone was cheating - how will affected players be compensated"

"I won a live package but family emergency/illness/misread the date/cant get a visa/other thing make it inpossible for me to attend what happends then

If someone was cheating I think it's quite fair to give the package to the next in line to win it. You can extend the but I got busted by that player, but I lost a pot to him, but him being there made me steal less BBs type of arguments to the absurd and compensating everyone isn't feasible, especially when there are players that got prizes fairly. What do you do then? Take away the prizes that were won fair and square as well to compensate everyone involved? Ultimately the person that got the furthest while not cheating is the one that deserves the prize the most in that instance. The infinite possible universes that would arise from a change in variables can not be solved with current technology to find out who would have won so there's no point in even thinking about it right now 😏

@Inhuman you can still register even while having a package, it should be restricted but since this wasn't the rule from the beginning it wasn't built into the software. 

@Inhuman you can still register even while having a package, it should be restricted but since this wasn't the rule from the beginning it wasn't built into the software. 

Ok then this should be a priority in order to protect a player from burning 250e, if he/she is not up to date with the new rules. If you change the rules, they should reflect in the software as well. 

I already tagged Leo in a previous post, @JeppeL seems to be more active, I don't know who else is responsible or has some inside info that this 'protection' will be implemented asap in the next update and what not..

@Inhuman I saw now that nmp already answered but I can confirm that i could registrer. Knowing nothing about programming I have no idea how hard it is to fix a registrer blockage but I imagine its probably harder then it sounds. Eitherway a good sulution in the mean time should be to just write it in big letters in the lobby, I cant see people reg for the finale without taking a look there.

Nobody reads the tournament descriptions, especially with the current tournament lobby, and in the title it would be way too long. It needs a technical solution, but yeah it's harder than it sounds cause they probably didn't design the system with that in mind. 

Thanks for the confirmation @triceraatopp. It shouldn't be that hard, I am a software developer. One solution could be when someone wins a package, just flag that account, and restrict the target tournament for flagged accounts. Or having a dummy token/ticket in your a account as a condition for registration, which you lose once you win the package etc.

Hi all,

first let me introduce myself, I'm Patric and just started the role as poker product expert and will be in charge of all customer related questions and issues, I won't be as active on here since Jeppe and Ray are taking care of it (and doing a great job from what I can see!) but I'm happy to help out as well and you are welcome to contact me with any questions/queries you have.

@triceraatopp First of all, congrats on winning the package, as Jeppe already said, it's confirmed that you indeed won a package since the first place finisher couldn't make use of the package.

I'm happy to meet you in Malta in person and you're welcome to get to know and have a drink with the Unibet Poker team :)

Regarding the questions, how many packages can be won by a customer. The terms and conditions here clearly state that only one package per event can be won. However if a player wins a package through the sats and another one through challenges, it's a different story. All breaches of those rules will be taken case-by-case. The general rule is: only one package per event can be won.

Edit: The UO qualifier rules have NOT been changed, they are the same as before, only the UK Tour and ticket exchange policies have changed.

Archived