Suspicious/protective play during satellite

Inhuman

I don't want to make a big fuss about it, just wandering if anybody else noticed stuff like this and maybe create some awareness. I also know that softplay shouldn't be "encouraged" when someone is allin in a multiway pot, but it's the common practice.

So this happened during a UOS sat with 5 players left and 3 tickets awarded. During 2 hands, I noticed some weird play from decent opponents, regs, which I expect to play good strategy in a satellite format. I only took snapshots at the end of the hands so no step by step handhistory unfortunately, but I will do my best to explain.

First hand:antiivey1.png.4f6bab5400a2f8113a51be53d2eb3680.png

Blinds are 200/400 with 50 ante, aNti_IvEy is left with 225 chips. I ~minopen the button, Ivey puts his last chips in and d4rkWingDuck defends. Flop goes check/check, but on that turn Duck decides to bet so I fold, Ivey scoops the main pot, which he would have won anyway and there also is a sidepot so lets say Duck wanted to grab that, very weird with his holdings and also considering that I check all my range on the flop. Anyways, moving on to

Hand no. 2:ivey2.JPG.db8b0a1e72db7ecf26aae4df76604118.JPG

Blinds are 250/500 with 60 ante, aNti_IvEy is left with 755 chips. He shoves utg, Satoshii calls in the SB, and I put 255 more in the BB. This time NO SIDE POT! Again flop goes ck/ck, but on the turn Satoshii interestingly decides he has the best hand with 4th pair, makes a bet, takes me out of the hand, and Ivey takes it down again. Ok, being results oriented you can say well he would have won the hand anyway, yes but not if a queen would have landed on the river and I was still in the hand. So I find the bet interesting, especially as Ivey makes the TP on the turn, and there is no side pot to fight for.

What do you guys think? Should this be looked into? Again, I can't blame it on incompetence since I played with them a couple of times and seemed to be good players.

Sorry to come out ponting fingers being so new in the community but maybe people here long enough can tell me to chill the f down and stop being paranoid :)

In sats  I also sometimes got the feeling that there are players trying to keep other players alive.

A bit ago, for example, there was this short guy and this deep guy and I was somewhere in between. This deep guy plays really aggressive and the short guy keeps calling. I fold somewhere on the turn and the short guy has like 2bb left, where the pot is 30-40 Bb. The short guy "shoves" on the river and this deep guy insta folds...

Fairly strange to me :p

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

I don't get it, there are 3 tickets, 2 players need to bust, duck and satoshii are favorites to be the bubble boys, why wouldn't they take a stab to gamble against the probably any 2 range that they're ahead of while denying you equity? It's not the exact bubble and they don't have a lock to do the whole check/check all the way thing. 

Maybe there's more to it, I don't know the dynamics, but what you posted I see nothing that funky, unless there are many more examples against the same guy maybe. 

@VikingsAFwrote:

In sats  I also sometimes got the feeling that there are players trying to keep other players alive.

A bit ago, for example, there was this short guy and this deep guy and I was somewhere in between. This deep guy plays really aggressive and the short guy keeps calling. I fold somewhere on the turn and the short guy has like 2bb left, where the pot is 30-40 Bb. The short guy "shoves" on the river and this deep guy insta folds...

Oh wow, well if that's not face up chipdumping, idk what is. Do you have their screennames? Maybe @Leo-Unibet or whoever is in charge of the security team can look into it.

@FeelsBadManwrote:

I don't get it, there are 3 tickets, 2 players need to bust, duck and satoshii are favorites to be the bubble boys, why wouldn't they take a stab to gamble against the probably any 2 range that they're ahead of while denying you equity? It's not the exact bubble and they don't have a lock to do the whole check/check all the way thing. 

Maybe there's more to it, I don't know the dynamics, but what you posted I see nothing that funky, unless there are many more examples against the same guy maybe. 

You meant duck OR satoshii right? I see your point, but until the exact bubble, there is a player who has half a blind and afterwards ~1BB, why would you take the chance to give him tons more equity in the pot and let him tripple up when you have garbage?! I think its common sense to take the guy out and then worry about the bubble, but maybe my strat is all wrong. And explain how is K high no fd ahead of any 2 range? and why not bet the flop with bottom pair if you want to deny equity?

Believe me, I tried to find some reasonable answers before posting here.

Idk, K high seems ahead of any 2 on that board, all the combinations of all cards between 4 and J that don't have exactly 2 hearts, that seems like a massive amount of combos, too lazy to actually count them and tally up against the made hands tho. It's not garbage, it's K high, that is a hand that beats other hands, and your worse hands can draw to beat it on the river. 

As for eliminating the guy, as the next in line to bust you would probably want the BB to hit you as few times as possible. 

I'm not really advocating that their plays are good, but it seems silly to me that one would expect them to check down here when were not at that stage of the game and taking stabs to increase the chance of survival is a valid strategy. 

@Inhumanwrote:

@pirahnwrote:

@Inhumanwrote:

but maybe people here long enough can tell me to chill the f down and stop being paranoid :)

Agreed.

So I presume you know the players and it's all fair game?

I dont from those aliases. Im not as technically gifted as @FeelsBadMan for working out odds and optimal play,  but i cant see much wrong in the plays. If anything i would say you need to be more aggressive in those situations. Any raise by you and your hu. One of the guys on that table uses same alias and seen him/her on many main event tables playing aggressive and doing rather well. 

I would say always play with some caution. Every poker site has some form of collusion, whether its just casual friends making a comment to hardcore pre arranged get together. What is absolutely guaranteed are bad players at any site making strange decisions. I dont think the examples you show fall into either category.

@FeelsBadManwrote:

Idk, K high seems ahead of any 2 on that board, all the combinations of all cards between 4 and J that don't have exactly 2 hearts, that seems like a massive amount of combos, too lazy to actually count them and tally up against the made hands tho. It's not garbage, it's K high, that is a hand that beats other hands, and your worse hands can draw to beat it on the river. 

As for eliminating the guy, as the next in line to bust you would probably want the BB to hit you as few times as possible. 

I'm not really advocating that their plays are good, but it seems silly to me that one would expect them to check down here when were not at that stage of the game and taking stabs to increase the chance of survival is a valid strategy. 

I'll buy that. Appreciate your intake!

Will leave this open as it seems I am not the only one with UFO sitings around here.

@Inhumanwrote:

@VikingsAFwrote:

Oh wow, well if that's not face up chipdumping, idk what is. Do you have their screennames? Maybe @Leo-Unibet or whoever is in charge of the security team can look into it.

I think I mentioned it then to support and they had a look at it. But they don't give outcomes of cases like this, so don't know what happened. It was already a long time ago though. Mainly because I try to stay away from the sats... Too many weird players there :o

Also, the guys here replying probably know at least one of these 2 guys (Everybody knows who Satoshi is :p) ofcourse that doesn't mean they are 100% legit playing that game :p 

(But satoshi is a nice guy and I would find it strange if he would be playing together with someone else... Still that play is really strange)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF @Inhuman @pirahn @FeelsBadMan @XY 

I can't see anything inappropriate in the two examples, In the first example there is acyually a side pot to aim for.

Second example, strange that Satoshii  didn't protect his par on the flop and bet, he probably realize that and just bet 4th street.

Thinks like this happens all the time, I'm not worried. The fact that those guys lived like 3500km from each other makes collusion les likely.

If everyone played perfect poker, how fun would it to be in the game then ?  :rockon:

@Leo-Unibetwrote:

I can't see anything inappropriate in the two examples, In the first example there is acyually a side pot to aim for.

Second example, strange that Satoshii  didn't protect his par on the flop and bet, he probably realize that and just bet 4th street.

Thinks like this happens all the time, I'm not worried. The fact that those guys lived like 3500km from each other makes collusion les likely.

If everyone played perfect poker, how fun would it to be in the game then ?  :rockon:

And just like that Unibet has become my favourite site!

It's hard to even get a response on matters like these from others yet alone a concise well reasoned one with a twist of fun.

Can't wait to qualify for the live events and meet you guys!!

@Inhuman wrote:

@Leo-Unibetwrote:

And just like that Unibet has become my favourite site!

It's hard to even get a response on matters like these from others yet alone a concise well reasoned one with a twist of fun.

Can't wait to qualify for the live events and meet you guys!!

@Inhuman :inlove:

Archived