Problem with poker and disappointed with the customer support

ChuckBassPoker

One quick addition (is there a way to edit posts here?) would be that for me it was just a constant ❤️♥️❤️ breaking down, disconnect, sitout, graphics crash, lobby freezing, can't see hole cards continuum that whole night. The only difference with the big disconnect was that I couldn't get back after that, but more or less everything was ruined by that time already.

Also everything *after* the dc worked perfectly. Someone posted on 2+2 that you had restarted your network or something (tech terms are over my head) and that everything should run super smooth so I just kept regging. So no issues with anything post that.

One thing that really seems to effect Unibet software is windows 10 updates.

Last week there was a massive update and it effected everything running on my PC.

Just a thought on the cause of the problem, not sure if you even use windows 10.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@ChuckBassPoker wrote:

Hey,

I'm in an insane rush, just woke up and friend coming over to pick me up in 5 minutes for a christmas party so I will be offline tonight.

Anyway, those chip value just can't be right, for example the tournament I was HU in was at blinds of like 3000/6000/antes or something. How is it even possible to lose only 15 chips at that level when it's impossible for a single pot to be less than 13200ish chips? Surely you can see that there must be something really wrong with how your systems show this stuff.

I always play the same amount of tables, I actually had *less* tables than usual because it was early on a Sunday. I hit peak tables after your restart when it actually started working. In the case of that HU incident I had no other tables, it was my last mtt of the night. No CPU lag here. I had a bunch of issues with Unibet about a year ago and I stopped playing there around last January because the client kept crashing. Then I was told last summer you had finally updated it and have a good working product. Since around June or July I've played on Unibet ~5 days a week on average and never had a single issue up until now.

IIRC there was people complaining about the same issues on 2p2, I can get you chat logs from twitch where a bunch of people were complaining about the same issues at the time as well.

Sorry I really gotta run, hope this helps at least a little!

Thanks for that, I'd love to see the logs as I can't find it reported here by the looks of it. Regarding the HU, the timed out hand shows to have happened at 120/60, 15 ante level. I will pass it all on to the poker team and have them investigate the log files, thanks again for the quick response.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@jonny2192 wrote:

Last week there was a massive update and it effected everything running on my PC.

Just a thought on the cause of the problem, not sure if you even use windows 10.

Ya I've got Windows 10, only updated last Tuesday tho. I only had these problems on the exact day when you had the freeroll and they only started what, 1,5 hours (?) before aka when I assume people started mass regging. They disappeared the second you rebooted the software and I haven't experienced one second of any sort of glitches ever since then. So ya I wouldn't blame that on Win10. (And also I had no lag or any issues on any other software)

Jeppe, obviously what your systems show just have to be wrong, no MTT is heads up at 60/120 blinds. Has the late reg period even closed by then?

Let me know if I can do anything, I think I sent all the log files already but I still have them on my comp so let me know if you'd like me to resend them. And like I said I'd be happy to help go over the hhs, basically I'd love to do something constructive and not just rant here as I feel kinda guilty now that you guys are actually being nice now and this has become a large thread over a fairly tiny amount of money. But since the HHs can't be saved I just don't think there's anything I can do?

Anyway, finally had time to take a look at this community page over the weekend, it's really impressive. Obviously in a case like mine it's still terrible that you need to make an account here to get customer service, but aside from that it's pretty sweet that a place like this exists. I'd still try to maintain presence on 2+2 too tho, I've been in this business for 10 years and still had no idea about this place a few days ago whereas everyone reads 2+2. While I know your goal is mainly trying to cater for recs and 2+2 is full of pros like myself who like to whine about stuff, it's also full of really smart dudes and dudettes who understand the ecosystem somewhat well and could actually be of great help when you try to improve your product :)

@ChuckBassPoker wrote:

One quick addition (is there a way to edit posts here?) would be that for me it was just a constant ❤️♥️❤️ breaking down, disconnect, sitout, graphics crash, lobby freezing, can't see hole cards continuum that whole night. The only difference with the big disconnect was that I couldn't get back after that, but more or less everything was ruined by that time already.

Also everything *after* the dc worked perfectly. Someone posted on 2+2 that you had restarted your network or something (tech terms are over my head) and that everything should run super smooth so I just kept regging. So no issues with anything post that.

I don't know if this is relevant to your case but I had major headaches with the client last Sunday too. I had about two hours with no accss to lobbies and no data on what tournaments I was playing as the info wasn't showing on the bar at the top of the table. This was especially annoying as I had a mixture of tournies and satties running so I was effectively playing blind. I meant to contact support about it but I'd completely forgotten until I opened this thread.

Hope you manage to get this sorted either way.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

@nekoneko wrote:

I could respond in the same manner :)

Like " you seem like the kind of guy that goes on cruises and claims that have tripped on the carpet..blame the carpet and wants free stuff"

But don't wanna make a circus of your topic.

I'd say that it's more like the kind of guy who goes on a cruise and the boat sinks.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Backhanded Compliment

Where there's muck there's brass (bass?) There is still money on the table.

The client isn't great, the internet connectivity is poor, rake's a bit high and customer service is sort of meh for poker generally. Fortunately @JeppeL and the support guys here and on 2+2 try really hard to help and that is just enough, along with the soft games, (and the UO sat tickets I can't get rid of any other way) to keep me playing here.

:peace: out.

vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

@ChapInAChair wrote:

I don't know if this is relevant to your case but I had major headaches with the client last Sunday too. I had about two hours with no accss to lobbies and no data on what tournaments I was playing as the info wasn't showing on the bar at the top of the table. This was especially annoying as I had a mixture of tournies and satties running so I was effectively playing blind. I meant to contact support about it but I'd completely forgotten until I opened this thread.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I had that. Was playing 2 sats with no idea of the prize pool, number of runners, total chip count, etc, etc - none of it important 🤣

Didn't bother w a support claim because:

lolUnibet

FULL DISCLOSURE: If it had looked like it cost me significant money I would have put up w having to contact support. 

:Peace:

vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

@ChuckBassPoker wrote:

@jonny2192 wrote:

Ya I've got Windows 10, only updated last Tuesday tho. I only had these problems on the exact day when you had the freeroll and they only started what, 1,5 hours (?) before aka when I assume people started mass regging. They disappeared the second you rebooted the software and I haven't experienced one second of any sort of glitches ever since then. So ya I wouldn't blame that on Win10. (And also I had no lag or any issues on any other software)

Jeppe, obviously what your systems show just have to be wrong, no MTT is heads up at 60/120 blinds. Has the late reg period even closed by then?

Let me know if I can do anything, I think I sent all the log files already but I still have them on my comp so let me know if you'd like me to resend them. And like I said I'd be happy to help go over the hhs, basically I'd love to do something constructive and not just rant here as I feel kinda guilty now that you guys are actually being nice now and this has become a large thread over a fairly tiny amount of money. But since the HHs can't be saved I just don't think there's anything I can do?

Anyway, finally had time to take a look at this community page over the weekend, it's really impressive. Obviously in a case like mine it's still terrible that you need to make an account here to get customer service, but aside from that it's pretty sweet that a place like this exists. I'd still try to maintain presence on 2+2 too tho, I've been in this business for 10 years and still had no idea about this place a few days ago whereas everyone reads 2+2. While I know your goal is mainly trying to cater for recs and 2+2 is full of pros like myself who like to whine about stuff, it's also full of really smart dudes and dudettes who understand the ecosystem somewhat well and could actually be of great help when you try to improve your product :)

I'm turning the technical part of it over to the poker team for them to try and check it out to see if they can find additional information in the log files, I can find both of them in the cases already created so no need to re-send.

About the MTT on the 2nd I'll clarify, the disconnect shown in the back office was towards the start of the tournament at 60/120 level. From the later levels and when you were playing HU, I see no disconnected/timed out hands and it's the same for the tournaments on the 10th. 

I appreciate the kind words on our site, we've spent quite a bit of work getting it up and running to where it is now and we gladly take in anyone from 2+2 to hear all opinions, no matter the size of the initial rant :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@ChuckBassPoker I'm not sure if you've seen it as of yet, but David should have sent you a pm this afternoon after we had a chat about it all.

I'm happy to say that I think we came to a good decision and have added compensation on your account for the poor handling you received when contacting customer support, it should've admittedly been better and I think it would have saved a lot of misunderstandings, confusion and a bunch of your time had it been so. 
The poker team is still trying to look into the lobby issue as that part of the investigation is still inconclusive, but I hope you're happy with the solution and find it sensible. In any case, I'm happy that we could be of help and clear everything up about what was up and down in the case :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

Hey Jeppe and others:

First things first; I got a message from David today, and indeed I received compensation today that I thought was more than fair and adequate. I'm fully satisfied with how this played out in the end, and also glad to finally be done with the case. Once we got the ball rolling (aka I found a method of communication here), I couldn't really have asked for anything more. Thanks guys! If you want to change the thread title to something less in-your-face feel free to do so, since it probably catches the eye of random people who can't be bothered to read the thread in a bad way.

I've always believed in the fairness of Unibet's decisions - like I said in the OP, I've played on Unibet since I think 2008, and in a decade of playing poker for a living obviously problem situations occur every now and then. While there might have been some minuscule issue in the past where I was slightly unhappy with something, in general I've always felt like I've been treated very fairly by Unibet. I think there's a tiny bit of room for improvement here when it comes to communication issues -- I think the point about how a random recreational wouldn't have been able to reach the right people is valid -- but I'm sure you're already unaware of this and it doesn't seem like an awfully complex issue to fix internally. And also, at least for me this was basically a one-off thing so it's not like this would be an everyday occurrence anyway.

As a longterm MTT pro who (I'd like to think) understands/cares about the ecosystem a little more than the average grinder I have some thoughts about the tournament schedule, but I think I read there are some tinkerings being done already so maybe I'll hold on for a while. I do think it's already very good and it's not like I have a list of complaints, but just a couple of minor ideas.

Real quickly tho, one immediate fix would be to put an "R" symbol (or something) next to the rebuy tournaments in the lobby. It's a little bit confusing currently that you can't tell what's a freezeout and what's a rebuy without reading the descriptions. Another thing (and this I'm more unsure of) is that you could somehow differentiate the different structures in a  slightly more detailed fashion. I don't have time to check right now, but basically I feel like some of your turbos are more like hyper-turbos, and some of your non-turbos are like turbos. Maybe you could either create a new subclass of tournament speeds (normal/turbo/hyperturbo) or then make the structures closer to each other if some MTTs are skipping levels that others aren't. In general I think the structures are good but I'm just really confused sometimes when a tournament under the same category runs wayyyy faster or slower than another tournament that's labeled exactly the same.

I'd also consider starting the 5€ Black Hole an hour earlier. The 6PM GMT slot (8PM for us aka primetime) has a 10€ 6max that is actually a lot faster (?!?) than the Black Hole and otherwise 5PM-7PM is just completely dead if you've filtered for 10 euros and lower. (5+rebuys is more like 20€ so if you've filtered for 10€ or less you're not playing those). Also, there's a 5€ shooting start at 6:45PM, which currently makes your offering (aside from turbos) in this semi-primetime slot like this:

6PM: 10€ 6max (not superdeep with infinite re-entries)
6:45pm: 5€ shooting star
7PM: 5€ 6max black hole (supersuperdeep with infinite re-entries)

Switch the places of the 6PM and 7PM MTTs and you will have a 5€ MTT at both 6PM and 6:45PM, and people will still also play the black hole even if they start their session later since it runs so deep and you can get like 40BB even if you late reg an hour.

Anyway, hope those little nuggets could be at least a little bit valuable. Looking forward to next year and what it brings, happy holidays everyone!

xoxo

@ChuckBassPoker I'm thoroughly happy to hear that, I thought we came to a good solution as well and cleared up any misunderstanding in the communication. Thanks for the feedback on the poker product itself, if you'd like then your obviously always welcome to create a thread to express your opinion for us to take into consideration :)

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

Archived