My 1st Pokerblog - SNGs, MTTs (& Banzai) - From the bottom to the top! :-)

GotWhatItTakes

Hi Unibet-community,

after asking for a blog section I was told that there aren´t any blogs yet and I could open one topic and treat it as a blog. 

At first I was a bit skeptical because I did not think that anyone would be interested in my poker development. I joined this very community a few days ago and was instantly surprised by the friendly environment and that everyone wants to help out. I myself started a topic about some bad beats and there were so many helpful responses in a very short period of time. So I thought, I might give it try and start a blog. I have nothing to lose, right? :smileyhappy:

About me:

My name is Daniel, I´m 21 years old and currently living in Germany. At the moment I m playing a bit of everything on Unibet (except normal Cash games). Most of the time I m grinding SNGs (with 2 players and 5 players), sometimes MTTs and occasionally some fast paced BANZAI.

My goals:

I m restarting at the 4€ Buyin-Level and of course I want to climp up the levels up to infinity :smileyvery-happy:

- Win a package for "Unibet Open Copenhagen"

- Win Seats for Unibet UK Tour Glasgow and Manchester

- Reach 10€ Buyin-Level (and after I accomplished that: 25€ Buyin-Level)

- Qualify for the 90€ and 100€ MTTs on Saturday and Sunday regularly.

Why starting a blog?

I see the blog as some kind of motivation to fullfill my goals and to keep grinding. 

I don´t know what else to write, but if you have any questions - whatsover - dont hesitate to shout it out in the blog.

GL and see you at the tables, Daniel

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daniel, nice start :cathappy:

Can I ask how long it took you to get to your current level, and how many hours a day/week do you play?

I'm feeling frustrated that I'm not improving fast enough, but i don't get as much time to play as I would like.

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

I really got into poker a few months ago, before I just gambled a bit here and there and didn´t even know all the rules and what to do. :smileylol:

After taking it more seriously I started playing Heads up in another pokerroom at the lowest stake (0,50€), climbed the stakes up to 10€ Heads Up and built up a bankroll. You asked how long that took me, I guess around 1,5-2 months. I didn´t enjoy playing there, so I changed to Unibet and I´m quite happy about the change.

I grinded my way up to 25€ SNGs the last week, but didnt follow a decent bankrollmanagement. Still I made some money and now I will restart with the 4€ games. :)

I don´t have a carved in stone timetable of playing hours. I m only playing when I m 100% focussed (or at least 95% :smileywink: ). Between 1-4 hours a day might be a good guess, but sometimes I don´t play a single hand for a few days in a row.

Just keep playing and the results will come. Eventually, that´s what I hope :smileyvery-happy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

As a fellow German SNG player, I want to wish you good luck in your poker ventures here...well, unless you play against me, then I hope you get as many A9 over AK suckouts as possible.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Let me put it this way. Our football club used to play Bundesliga two years ago, then decided to hire a former player who`s better known as a TV personality nowadays and in a few weeks, we'll be playing 3. Liga.

I started here playing cash games in April and worked myself up from NL4 to NL25 while also clearing rewards at the SNG 1 level. Then in June I had a downswing playing cash (didn't even know Unibet had Double Trouble until then) and I decided to give SNGs a shot and I mostly play 10 Euro SNGs now. That's going OK so far, maybe in a month or two I'll take a look at the 25 Euro SNGs, but not now.

So if you played the 10 Euro SNGs in the afternoon over the past few weeks, we probably competed against each other.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Sorry to hear that. Effenberg did a really bad job, I guess he will never work as a coach again because he is that bad. :smileymad:

I remember the time when you Bundesliga-leader for one week or something like that. 

At the moment I can´t play much due to some personal issues. I won a ticket for a 50€ Unibet Open Satellite though and I hope I can run it up to the 250€ Final Satellite and when achieved that - go to Unibet Open! :smileywink: 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Thanks ! Would be nice to play the Copenhagen stop. Would be my first real live tournament ever. 

I have a very specific question about data volume: 

Do you know what the volume is like for playing on Unibet. Let´s say you play 4 tables SNGs for approx. 2 hours. How many Megabytes would you need? 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Good luck. Winning a Unibet Open Package is a very fun goal to aim for.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

The problem was not even about Effe's poor performance as a coach, it was about the whole chaos that surrounded him. Don't get me wrong, Effe did a poor job, he won the first 2 games and then didn't win anything for the next 14 games or so until he was sacked. The headcoach has to lead the club by example and look at what happened:

He had a DUI court case while he was taking the job offer. He had his stupid wife commentating stuff in (social) media. He suspended 3 well liked veterans when things were going bad before the winter break. Our #1 striker pulled his :cathappy: ❤️ :cathappy: out at a hotel bar during winter training camp and had to be sold. And of course the straw that broke the camel's back was when it came out that Effenberg didn't even have a coaching license anymore because he failed to take mandatory courses with the German FA.

Hey, all the best with your run at the Unibet Open. I try not to run it up, I run my tickets down, as I usually swap those 10 Euro tickets for 2 Euro tickets which is working OK so far.

Thanks  and !

, you are 100% right. You should have sacked him waaaay earlier, maybe you could have stayed in the league. Eventually it wasnt that bad for Effe´s personal development as he may reflect his decisions and he could become a more down-to-earth person than he is now. For his wife, there is no hope... :smileyfrustrated:

Had an ok day at the tables today. I climbed the SitnGo-Leaderboard and currently I m placed in 8th. Thats probably because I lost AA several times  :smileyindifferent:

I tend to herocall too lightly, something I have to eliminate from my game for sure. Still, I think I didnt tilt a single bit today thanks to all of you who gave me input regarding bankrollmanagment. That was pure gold ❤️  It really helps if you have a lot of buyins available - even if things go really crazy.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

I have some issues with the Unibet software. I m playing on a 27" IMac and often the client does the following (see the pictures).

It is like constant flaring  and flickering. Sometimes I cant even see my cards properly. Do you guys know what it might be? 

It happened when I was in the lobby (where you can chose between SNG, Tournaments and Cash games). Sometimes it is happening when I m playing and I have to exit the client then.

I don´t know who is responsible for such issues, but I tagged some of you. :smileyhappy: 

128423823_Bildschirmfoto2016-07-12um14_18_04.thumb.png.e493a2c59d9296f53d1463c3296854af.png649411429_Bildschirmfoto2016-07-12um14_18_08.thumb.png.724e1b2d1ccfed99bb0c5f1ea8e6319c.png

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Hi ,

I've never seen that one before. I'll report it to our devs, see if they have any feeback for now. 

Looking at your post, there's no specific way to reproduce it? Do you think it happens more when you have the client opened for a long time for example? Also, does it happen often? Do you remember when it started for the first time?

Thanks,
Chris

Its just there, from one moment to another and it wont stop until I close the software and reopen it. 

It might be right that it starts when the client is open for a longer time. It happend quite often already, the first time was maybe 1 week ago, could be 5 days too though.

Thanks for your help! Very appreciated :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Had a quite good day today. 

I made a final table in a 10€ MTT, and finished 4th. 55 lost vs AQ 10bb deep.

Also, I m playing mainly 4€ and some 10€ SNGs at the moment as my bankroll increased from 300€ to 410€.

I figured I could post some hands now and then for you guys.

So here is one I played a few minutes ago: 

Big Blind is Player1, 480 Chips

I am on the Button, 1520 chips My hand: 99

Blinds : 30/60

I limp the button, he checks his option.

Flop: 6s 7h 6c 

Player1 bets 60, I call

Turn: 3c

Player 1 bets 60, I call

River: 2h

FInal Board 6s 7h 6c 3c 2h

Player 1 goes all in with 300 chips, I call. 

What would you do? What do you think did Player1 have?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

first of all you have no reason to limp from the button with pair of 99 and big blind has 5 blinds left so you hand is played very bad from the start.

actually i dont think he might have had anything since his own reson was to throw yor hand. 

how many sng do you play/day?

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/   this is something you can build a poker hand and is much easier to see the process of a hand

good luck

&  thanks for joining, guys. :smileyhappy:

I knew people would say the limp is bad. I normally dont limp in such a situation, but the given moment was good imo. In previous hands he always went all in after a limp from me. So I wanted to trap him and call his shove. But he didnt do it that exact time. Also when I go all-in he folds most of the hands that I beat and often calls hands that beat me or flip vs me. (AT+, TT+). 

Because he has 9 Big blinds, I can easily get it in on flop, turn and river (as I did). 

I hope you understand why I limped in that special case.

Thanks for the link for handreplayer. That will save lots of time :smileyvery-happy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Archived