My 1st Pokerblog - SNGs, MTTs (& Banzai) - From the bottom to the top! :-)

GotWhatItTakes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for no updates in the last days. Didnt play much last days, have some exciting things in planning.

Today I tried to qualify for the 90€ Sunday Entitled. 

In a 5€ Satellite (1st: 90€ Ticket, 2nd - 13th: 5€) I finished third. :smileymad: 

SB shoved 7-9bb into my big blind, I called with KJo. He had J6s. First card on the flop was a 6 :smileyindifferent: 

The pot was for the huuuge chiplead and that should have been the ticket for the me :(

I tried another 10€ Satellite. 1st-2nd: 90€ Ticket, 3rd-x. =10€ MTT Ticket. 

I managed to reach last 3 players. We were absolutely even in chips, everyone around 4k. Then I had AQo in the BB (I m not 100% sure), SB shoves. I call. 9To vs AQo, Flop came a queen. :smileyvery-happy: I just had to fade an eight on the river and I did. :-) He had something like 200 chips left, trippled up one time, but after that I finished him with 66 vs 6J on a 622xx board. 

I was really disappointed after I lost KJ vs J6, but in the end it turned out just fine. So I m playing the 90€ MTT today, will reg soon. Anyone else qualified (as it is ticket only :smileyfrustrated: ).

See you at the tables, 
Daniel

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Unfortunately I busted with AQo vs JJ (preflop all in) on a QJx flop on Sunday. Would have been nice to win the flip because it was for a nice stack and would secure being ITM. Busted a few places shy the money though. :smileymad:

Anyway, I ll try to qualify via satellite again. Saturday´s and Sunday´s 90 respectively 100€ MTTs are waiting for me... :smileytongue:

I m still playing SNGs. I m currently ranked 14th in the Sit&Go Leaderboard, what equals 40€ (10 buyins, not so bad). 10th place would mean a money jump, but it nearly is 400 points away (= more than 1 straight flush, or 13 times lose with AA on showdown :smileylol: ). Tomorrow the 4th Week of the challenge will begin, with some bigger payouts. I will try to collect as many points (and str. flushes) as possible and maybe a Top10 place is doable this time. :smileyindifferent:

Have a nice weekend everyone and see you at the tables.

Hopefully I have something to brag about after the weekend :smileylol:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time since my last post. Sorry for the ones, who wants to read something about what happened (if there is anyone :smileylol: )

Yesterday I qualified again for the Sunday 90€ MTT. It went pretty well and I finished in 4th place for approx. 470€. Could have been better, but I was really card dead on the final table and when I had AA once, I got a walk. 4handed I had 99 twice, I went all in with around 10-13 bb, but everybody folded. Everyone was very shortstacked with blinds of 4k and 8k. I shoved my last 6 or 8 big blinds with JQo, ran into A5o. The flop was very promising with KTx, but turn and river didnt bring me a 9, J, Q or an Ace and I busted 4th. But I m still happy as I qualified for only 5€. :smileyvery-happy:

Next days I will try to win a seat for Unibet Open because I would really like to take part in the event in Copenhagen. 

Moreover, I want to play a good role in the RIO MTT Series and my aim is to play nearly every single event. Its gonna be tough but with some dicipline and good time management it is possible for sure. I never played PLO before and at the moment I m doing some catching up with the rules and some basics. I m just a total beginner when its about PLO. :smileyembarrassed:

Do you guys have any tips for me on how to improve my PLO game? If so don´t hesitate and leave a post. 

See you at the tables. :-)

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Congrats on the Sunday 90€ MTT result. I played a few qualifiers but was unsuccessful :smileyindifferent:

I hope you win the Unibet Open seat :smileyvery-happy:

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

You want PLO advice? If you have AAxx or KKxx as your pocket cards, bet the house, nothing could go wrong...:catlol:

Seeing that you finished high in those SNG battles, how much money did you lose pre bonus money?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

You want PLO advice? If you have AAxx or KKxx as your pocket cards, bet the house, nothing could go wrong...:catlol:

Seeing that you finished high in those SNG battles, how much money did you lose pre bonus money?

Thanks for your advice. @WuDu!  Very much appreciated :catlol:

I did ok in the SNG battles, unfortunately I didn´t hit as many straight flushes as I wanted to. Losing with AA didnt work very good either. :smileytongue:

Actually, I didn´t lose any money before the bonus. The bonus was some great thing on top of the upswing I m having recently. Your question indicates that you think it is standard to lose money (pre bonus) when placing in top 20-30 in these SNG Battles. Am I right? Did you lose money pre bonus money?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

To improve your PLO game, my advice would be AAxx and strong dbl suited hands jc10d9c8d are types of hands you should be aggressive with preflop.  KKxx QQxx aren't as valuable as they seem unless your short handed.  Postflop play non nut sets, flush draws and straights very cautiously.  PLO success is usually requires a lot of big time folds.  QcJh4s flop and oyu have AK109 is types of super wraps that you can play as aggressively as possible.  Keep an eye on nut backdoor draws etc.

I've had a decent amount of success playing PLO tournaments in the past. Since it's a very high variance game, only play strong connected hands, & try to see a flop for cheap. Unless you can get most of your stack in preflop with AAxx hands, play them cautiously. If multiple people see flop & there's a bet, you should only be looking to continue if you're drawing to the nuts, close to the nuts, or have a set. Hands like bottom two pair are extremely dangerous as they're dominated a lot.

I debate

Actually, I must have won around 40-50 buy-ins in July at the SNG10 level before bonuses, despite having some 10 day downswing in it. I always played to win the respective SNG, I think the only time I called down with AA despite having a bad feeling was this Sunday and even then I finished ITM during that game.

However the only time I finished in the top-30 was in week 3 and 4 when I hit straight flushes and I played around 20 SNGs every day and even in heads-up games. I followed your position on the leaderboard since you even were in the top-10 at some point and was just wondering how all those high ranking players got there. And my only explanation is that you guys must play AA to lose on purpose or chase straight flushes, which cannot be profitable in the long term. Thus my question. Another option would be to play around the clock on 8 tables and slowly accumulate points for 72 and AA, but that must be draining your ROI as well.   

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Thanks @Magicadil! That´s very helpful! I think a key in PLO is to not overplay hands you would go all in in NLH within a second. With 4 cards you have much just way more possibilities.

@WuDu wrote:

@GotWhatItTakes

Actually, I must have won around 40-50 buy-ins in July at the SNG10 level before bonuses, despite having some 10 day downswing in it. I always played to win the respective SNG, I think the only time I called down with AA despite having a bad feeling was this Sunday and even then I finished ITM during that game.

However the only time I finished in the top-30 was in week 3 and 4 when I hit straight flushes and I played around 20 SNGs every day and even in heads-up games. I followed your position on the leaderboard since you even were in the top-10 at some point and was just wondering how all those high ranking players got there. And my only explanation is that you guys must play AA to lose on purpose or chase straight flushes, which cannot be profitable in the long term. Thus my question. Another option would be to play around the clock on 8 tables and slowly accumulate points for 72 and AA, but that must be draining your ROI as well.   

I never played AA to lose a hand (to win 30 or 45 points for the leaderboard). That would be very dumb I guess. If you win the actual SNG (with AA) you win 7,76€ or 19,40€ depending on whether you play a 4 or a 10€ one. If  you lose the SNG (with AA) you get no money but some points in the leaderboard. But 30/45 points are not nearly as valuable as 7,76€/19,40€. I also didn´t play a different style than I play without a promotion out there. It is just pure mathematics that you hit a straight flush or even several if you play many hands. AA doesnt have a 100% guarantee to win either. The more you play the more often you lose with AA/hit straight flushes equals more points in the leaderboard. I think the reason why you didnt finish in a better place is because your volume was too low. 20 games a day is not enough for the top positions. I placed 3rd after 1 or 2 days because I had an insane volume that day(s). But I couldn´t keep it up and in the end I finished 2x.th place. In the end I knew I couldnt reach the next price step (11-20th) without hitting a straight flush so I took some days off. What makes me wondering though, are the guys with more than 5xxx points. That is just insane.. Their volume was huuuuuge I guess. :smileysurprised:

Thanks, @JillianP! I ll try to update as often I remember to do. In 3 days the RIO MTT series will start, I will write something everyday (I hope I can keep that up! :smileyindifferent:). 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

"I never played AA to lose a hand (to win 30 or 45 points for the leaderboard)." the strategy to loose with AA is between 10-20 and maximum 40-80 level blinds with slowplay and never ever loose more than 20% of the stack . at least this was my strategy

but of course ar 10 euro and more is not worth to do that since is not relevant but at lower stakes you can do that

@polarbear wrote:

"I never played AA to lose a hand (to win 30 or 45 points for the leaderboard)." the strategy to loose with AA is between 10-20 and maximum 40-80 level blinds with slowplay and never ever loose more than 20% of the stack . at least this was my strategy

but of course ar 10 euro and more is not worth to do that since is not relevant but at lower stakes you can do that

That's a terrible strategy. The leaderboards shouldn't cause you to play differently just to accumulate points. Play normally how you would, otherwise not only are you torching money, you might also develop bad playing habits.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@polarbear wrote:

That's a terrible strategy. The leaderboards shouldn't cause you to play differently just to accumulate points. Play normally how you would, otherwise not only are you torching money, you might also develop bad playing habits.

you dont understand , you may slowplay only aces on the blind level i was saying , my ROI during promotion was around 15% so nothing has been changed . dont imagine you receive aces at every 2 hands .i had days when no matter i was actually doing with aces i was winning at showdown with other 4 people . The strategy invloves also playing agresivly other types of hands.Is nothing terrbile in this cause you dont loose to much and if you are agressive with aces many will fold so same thing

Hard to go too much wrong with the AA in HU pots atleast. I wouldnt recommend it in multiway pots though.

Sometimes you can get best of both worlds with the AA slowplay during the promo. Those dry boards where you bet you make villian fold a lot of range anyway. If you check you increase bluff range and if he gets there the pot was tiny anyway. Say it was a Q32 flop. He is going to bet for value his hands that call anyway, for example Qx TT 99, but he will also bluff a vast portion of range which would fold if you play aggressively. If he gets there he gets there; you still crush his bluff/value range in long run.

Wet boards when you check you also increase bluff range because villian will try to rep flush/straights etc with opposite suit combos for example, and they were likely to call down your bets with their draws anyway.

Not actually Old.

You all have your points, but I wont ever play a hand different because of a promotion. I play the hand the way that I think is best to either win the most chips or lose the minimum when I think I m beat.

Still, I think the SNG Battle was a great experience and lots of fun. I hope there will be similar things in the future. 

My concentration will change towards the RIO MTT series now. Only two days left! Going to Iceland would be a dream come true. My goal is to reach TOP30 at least, what equals 100€ cash. I hope I can play every event. 

Does anyone also try to play the full schedule with 65 events? :smileyhappy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

@polarbear wrote:

i still have doubts if is really worth playing those freerolls , not yet decided but i will play all of the tournamnets with buy in , even the flips 

Is there a prizepool in the freerolls or do you just play for points for the Leaderboard?

you have to place a bet of 5 euro in the tournament day to receive the ticket for the freeroll (150 euro prizepool ) , points count for the leaderboard but i think is useless with such a low prize and with a very big volume of players will make this freeroll a buy in of few cents 0.2-0.30 and you should risk 5 euro for it

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, the last weeks had been very stressful. I didnt find the time and energy to write some words and didnt play much poker either.

But now I m back at it.

I bought a lot of stuff, put it an a huuuuge bag and just left my home - destination: unknown 🤣

I m very excited, hope things go well and I don´t bust. 

At first I will travel through Europe, watch some touristic stuff, go to the beach and play poker. 

Of course, I´ll try to deliver as much content as you guys want. Plus, you can ask anything you want, I will try to answer proper questions. 

I will post some pictures - if you are interested - as well.

My first destination is gonna be Sylt. Currently I m waiting for my train to come.

Its 00:04, I m sitting in a Mcdonalds in Hamburg (Central station). 

Probably, you dont know Sylt. Its a great german island (at least that s what I heard :happy:) with beautiful beaches.

Here s a picture: 

http://www.linderhof-sylt.de/wp-content/gallery/startseite/Sylt-Leuchtturm.jpg

I will probably stay there for a week (+/- a few days), depending on the weather. If you have any suggestions where to go after that, I m open to anything. 

I hope I can move up a few levels while being in Sylt. Of course, I will try to keep everything as up to date as I can. Additionally,  I will revive my Bankroll Challenge -with a few important changes. 

You can find it here:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Poker/Bankroll-Challenge-100-1000/m-p/21550#U21550

Sorry for the wall of text, I dont have anything to do here, besides reading and listening to Elvis.

Tomorrow, I will upload some landscape pictures :Inlove:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Just shipped a 100€ Unibet UK Tour Satellite for the event in Glasgow in October! 

How it happened:

I just logged into Unibet, and accidentially saw that I still have a 100€ ticket for the UK Tour in my client. A couple days ago I planed to change that 100€ ticket into smaller tickets like 1€ and 4€ tickets. Because thats the reasonable thing to do, right? :)   But I just thought, f**K that ❤️♥️❤️, I m gonna play the final right now, win it and go to Glasgow in October. I opened the lobby, the game was already running for 5ish minutes, stacks was even, and I pressed the register button fast so that I cant rethink the situation and come to my senses. 🤣

I played fairly tight because I really wanted to qualify for my first live event this time. Didnt find any hand at all the first few levels. Then I had 77, it went all in against ATs.     Usually I tend to lose these kind of flips, but it held. I doubled up and had the chiplead with 5-6k chips. I maintained my tight strategy, stealing blinds every now and then though. When 6 or 7 players was left I got dealt Kings. Instantly I thought about  ´s KK-curse  and obviously I openfold the Kings. 👍 Just kidding, I raised to 2,5x and won the blinds. :cash1: The hand that let me realize that I can really make it this very time was the following: 

I openraise KK (yeah, KK again 👼) 2x or 2,5x UTG, player on the button (or maybe HJ, I dont remember but its not important) 3bet shoves. It was a huge 3bet shove probably more than 30bb. The only hand I am afraid of are Aces. But would he 3bet shove with the best hand? No, with Aces he would want to built a pot and induce, right? So I thought he wants me to fold and has some middle pair like 7s, 8s, 9s. Or maybe something like AT-AQ. I just was thinking: "Please dont have Ax and hit an Ace." Of course, I call. He shows AKo 🤫) The board is pretty boring, nothings happens and now I have about 10k, just like the player next to me (HolzFedor is obv. the real Fedor Holz :inlove:). The very next hand is JJ, that I raise to 4x from HJ after 1 player limps from UTG. Button (HolzFedor) folds, SB calls, BB folds, Limper Calls. The flop is just perfect: J  - A - 8 (with two clubs). Pot is nearly t3k chips and the limper open raises t200. I reraise, I dont remember how much though. SB quickly calls and limper instafolds. The turn is a non-club 7. The smallblind instashoves his remaining 3k chips. I tought for a moment about what is beating me. Only T9 and AA. He could play a flush draw like that, if so please no club on river unibet.. I call, he shoves KJo and increase my chipstack to 16k, 4player remain. Few hands later, SB shoves ATo into my big blind. "You cant do that with me, bro" is all I´m thinking and showing him my AJs. Board runs out like Q9866 and we are 3handed what means we are on the bubble. I have the huge chiplead with 19k - 10,5k (Fedor) - 3,6k. The player with fewest chips is really really tight, folds nearly every hand. He manages to double up though with AKs vs Fedor´s T9s. His chip stack decreases again and in the last hand he is all in with 7Ko vs T6o (Fedor). I m hoping for a Ten or a six. Flop is bad, but the turn is great as the ten appears. The river is a blank and that s it. I won the satellite :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: 

See you in Glasgow, guys!

77891618_Bildschirmfoto2016-09-03um21_36_46.thumb.png.8254eef8dd8e374633f56ce40904e6c7.png

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Congrats mate! Great decision not to convert the ticket, worked out prefectly 🆒

I debate

Archived