At what moment do you leave a table?

VikingsAF

Hey there,

I've got a question, which could help me with preventing losing my winnings of a session.

At what moment is it best to leave a table? Or when do you leave a table?

Do you have a set time in which you leave and rejoin a table?
Do you never leave a table untill you take break?
Do you leave a table when you have a certain amount of profit?

It's happened a few times to many that I end up with 10x my buy in (I play half stack, so on 4PLO it would be from 2 ->20 and on 10PLO 5->50) and after a bit of playing I fall back to below 2x buy-in. (How doesn't matter, but last 50 (at least) big pots I lost were 50+ % situations, with mostly 65+% (One of the highest numbers you can have pre-flop and on the flop) ).

So then I'm asking. Should I just leave after I hit a certain amount of profit on a table (even when it's after 2-3 orbits), and should I become more of a hit and runner, like the fishes that take my money with rainbow 23QJ pre-flop all-in?

Hope someone can enlighten me :D

Kind Regards

Vikings

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Im not a cash player, but when i do....most of the time is when i dont have enought time for starting a mtts session, so i have in plan to play for 2-3 hours...and i leaving exacly after that period...

Most of the time when i see tight tables, i just change them, thats all!

You should leave when it is no longer profitable for you to play at the table.

If you feel unconfortable to play with a deep stack leave when you doubled up and reenter with the amount you wish.

Better to be lucky than good.

I agree with Esir. What's the point of playing a table with 3 BI's when everybody else has less than or equal than 1 BI. Don't feel obligated to stay at the table when you double up. If you don't play confidant with deepstack, just leave an reenter the game with 1 BI. And don't care about how other players think of that action.

I only stick around when other players are 'worse than me' and have more than 1 BI. ;-)

Archived