Bet settled incorrectly x2

Angellike

Hi guys,

once again I am looking for your help in regards to settling a bet, or actually two bets.

The two bets concern the same market; Team to conceed the fewest goals, on in the Championship and one in Eredivisie.

Kupong-id1175895258 --> Wolves, they did indeed conceed the least amount of goals, but it says that Burton Albion did...

Kupong-id1174801105 --> Ajax, again, they won, but it says that Sparta Rotterdam won.

Both Burton and Sparta conceeded the most goals... but that's the complete opposite of the market.

Please help! @MarcoV

Hi @Angellike,

As far as I can see, both bets are for the team to concede most goals during the season (not the fewest):

Here is a screenshot of the bet description:

bet.png.f416d02640d515370dab50edc34f2a5a.png

Looks like both bets are settled correctly :) Did the bet description say "fewest goals" in your local language?

Former community moderator

@Angellike wrote:

@MarcoV@JeppeL

Any updates? I realize that the bet was meant to be most and not fewest, but it's hardly my fault that the translation was wrong. Surely it's not the customer's duty to make sure that the bet is intended as the site has written it?

Hi @Angellike,

Sorry for the late reply. As @testuser1 mentioned, I had to get more information about the issue before I could communicate anything regarding the bet.

Unfortunately, we had to void the season bets due to an obvious mistake in the odds / bet description. It's obviously frustrating as a customer to place a bet with great value and then find out that the bet ends up getting voided due to an obvious mistake in the odds / bet description. It's indeed not your fault that the translation was wrong but we can't settle your bets as winning as the odds were based on completely different things than what the bet description said (minst/fewest  goals where it should have been flest/most).

The mistake was made for the French Ligue 1 and the two leagues you had placed a bet on (Dutch Eredevise and English Championship).

I wrote a small explanation about the rule for voided bets here. Again, I know it's annoying to have a bet voided due to a mistake from our end but we have to admit that it can happen from time to time.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

First i thought that ouch, really unfair but then i saw the odds 🤣

Clearly mistake in description or odds so i have to ask, was it worth it to place those bets and wait more than half year when it was obvious those bets wouldn´t be winners in any case?

@Livertool, well, one day it might pay off :D I like to try taking advantage of the occasional mistake myself - if it's as extreme as in this case, I would probably avoid it though - as it's not always the bookmaker will notice it. Do agree that a voided bet is the right thing to do in this case, as I don't believe a single customer can have placed those bets in good faith - if someone did place it in good faith, I'd say the account better be closed 🤣

Sure it might but not very likely. To me it´s enough excitement to get those bets right and then not to stress if i get paid. Not saying that i would never try it but one shouldn´t be too upset if and when they are voided/lost afterwards. 

At least in this case when odds were not nowhere near where they should have been :)

@Livertool @testuser1 @MarcoV

Sure, the odds were great, but it's not my job as a customer to decide/decipher that something is too good. If that were the case then the sites' should all have to warn people that they might be placing a EV- bet...

The ruling was always the one it was going to be, since there's always a 'we can do whatever we want' clause somewhere.

I have to ask, this borders on negligence on Unibet/Kambi's part. Lets say that Cardiff would've conceeded the least amount of goals (they were even with Wolves) or AZ in Eredivisie, or Montpellier in Ligue 1, would the bets still have been vioded? No, not unless someone else would've complained.

So the site has;
- A lot of money locked up with no intention of paying out, which I assume can be used to invest or get interest on;
- A freeroll since the outcomes, especially on season long bets are far from certain;
- You could make a habit of misrepresenting/misspelling/wrongly translating markets in order to get lots of action;
(- Also, the customer can't say when a bet has been corrected, 10 moths later, "oh by the way, I interpreted your bet in another way, your bad, plese refund my bet.)

Surely some sort of symbolic gesture could be conjured up, such as "here, have a few free bets".

@Angellike

You are just writing nonsense. You knew that there were something wrong with that bet when you made it. Still you choose to take calculated risk that you may not get the wins. Well, turned out you didn´t so why cry about it?

And not trying to dis you, i´m always the side of customer in customer vs multimillion companys and wouldn´t mind at all that you have won those bets. But you can just use common sense yourself too :)

Hope that translator gets what he/she deserves though 😏

@Livertool Obviously there's some frustration in my last message but I feel the points are there to be made. I have placed several bets where odds were, in my mind, way off. Perhaps not 501x that PSG would conceed the least amount of goals, but you might recall the other bets were I had to get the help from this fine community in order to get them correctly corrected. 

Also, whining to get some sort of compensation could work ;) 

Interesting discussion. I agree with @Livertool about the odds being way too unrealistic, but then again, I could easily have done the same as @Angellike did. In a perfect world, one of the customers would have noticed the wrong odds and informed us about it but lets face it - most of us would rather place the bet ourselves and hope the bookie doesn't realize the mistake. I used to do the same thing before I started working here 👼

@Angellike wrote:

I have to ask, this borders on negligence on Unibet/Kambi's part. Lets say that Cardiff would've conceeded the least amount of goals (they were even with Wolves) or AZ in Eredivisie, or Montpellier in Ligue 1, would the bets still have been vioded? No, not unless someone else would've complained.

We would have paid out the winnings if the winning outcome had correct odds.

Regarding the compensation. You could easily argue for a goodwill in this case, but I'm afraid I have to say no to this one :( We need to be consistent when offering goodwill in such cases and if I do it now, the next customer will jump on the community, refer to this thread and demand a goodwill due to a mistake in the odds and it's not something we would usually do.

@Angellike wrote:

The ruling was always the one it was going to be, since there's always a 'we can do whatever we want' clause somewhere.

We should never see this rule as an excuse to make such mistakes. This is obviously not a convenient experience for you and it's something we do our best to avoid. We lose credibility by offering wrong odds and most importantly because we can end up losing customers. On top of that, statistically we lose money as a bookie whenever bets are voided.

On the other hand, if we didn't have a rule like this, I'm sure we would go bankrupt in the near future - people would just keep an eye for an odds like this and then stake all they got on that bet. Again, there's is a difference between finding a good value bet and a bet where the odds are completely off compared to the market odds :)

Bets on Ligue 1 got voided yesterday, apologies for the delay.

@MarcoV

Totally understand that it makes no sense for Unibet to compensate when bettor tries his luck for wins and if bet is voided then asks for compensation. But maybe Unibet could consider that some freebies are given when someone spots mistake and informs them to Unibet? At least in cases like this when it clearly would have benefit Unibet too. I don´t believe that anyone did bet Burton Albion to consede least gls if odds were, idk, somewhere around 4 ? Anyways the odds that should have been for top teams :D

Nowadays in every site, where you inform some mistake, it is just: thanks for telling, we will make it right. So probably many customers don´t bother and more likely just tries to take advantage of it :)

@testuser1@Livertool you're absolutely right. @Angellike did indeed inform us know about the issue. Don't know how I could leave that part out when making the decision about compensation. Thanks for making it clear :)

@Angellike, I have added 2x 100 kr. freebets to your account as a thank you for letting us know about the translation error :peace: helped us to handle the contacts we have had and will have in customer support regarding the bets.

Archived