2018 Tennis Season

Pidde

I expect Dimitrov to have a great 2018 season and why not challenge even rank 1(I'm also curious how will Nole look after such a long "break"); at girls, IMO Halep will keep her rank 1 all season and win at least 1 grand slam... Pliskova and Muguruza should be behind Simona, also it will be interesting to see if Serena, Sharapova, (maybe Azarenka) can still perform well at this level or their careers will come to an end.

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Nah Halep got only chance to win slam on clay. Her playstyle dont favor her, last player who wasn't hardhitter player was Schiavone in 2010, since then all slams were won by mostly big hitter/one shooter players.

Dimitrov in his career got only two really good grand slams ... Australian Open 2017 and 2014 Wimbledon.  If Murray/Djokovic came back to their normal disposition, 0 chance to Dimitrov for any grand slams or even 1000' tournament.

In men will see the return of same ol same Nol Cool: meaning Djoko will destroy everyone (at least 2 grandslams for him). Murray, Nadal (will win French), Federer and Wawrinka will win everything else. Dimitrov will never win grandslam (that masters at the end of season was a lucky fluke, exactly like Radwanska win one some years ago, they both have 0 chance at winning grandslam), Thiem will again implode in most important matches, Zverev will win with Djokovic in some ATP500 and next week he will lose with him 3;0 in grandslam :laugh:. DelPotro will be close but not right there and fan favourite Jerzy Janowicz will NOT cross to first 100 of the list and he will blame everyone except for himself. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@TTABKATA wrote:

Grigor deserve all achivments this year!

His skills and mental game are far from big 4 (Djoko/Murray/Fed/Nadal) + Wawrinka.  Winning one big tournament didn't mean anything. He won WTF and got SF in AO '17, but honestly answer this question: IS Dimitrov was that good or he take the chance and use the opportunity of injuries/bad form of the rest of the players ???

People around Djokovic says Nole is as motivated as before, if its true, he will give no chance to others like in the past few years. But im not sure that we will see the same serbian. Murray is a big questionmark, he had a serious injury again, his playstyle is absolutely against his body. He is one of the biggest fighter out there, but i really doubt he can come back in top 2-3. Nadal most likely will sweep the clayseason, but even this year i wasnt impressed by his hardcourt performance. Federer has a little chance for world number 1 at the beginning of the year (if Nadal is not healthy), but im sure he wont win so much when all the big guns will be back. However he shouldnt change his schedule, if he plays more tournaments, he will win nothing due the lack of energy. Dimitrov and Goffin had a good run in the past few months, but guys, be serious, everybody was injured :) I hope they gain confidence, and even next year they can challenge the big four. I expect some more improvements from Zverev, Rublev, Shapovalov, Auger Aliassime and Chung.

Long term "bets" for fun:

-Tsitsipas breakthrough and top 30.

-Yibing Wu top 80-100

-Federer out of top 3

Lets see 12 months later, i will laugh on myself, or i will be proud  :Rofl:

Archived