KrustyTheClown ~ 1M hands of microstakes cash ~ ask me anything

KrustyTheClown

It is the 10th of Juni 2014.
The world cup soccer is coming up and I'm looking for a new site to plays some pokers.
Hello Unibet ♥️

Recently I updated my excell files. Every single session I ever played, it's all in there.
And guess what, I surpassed the 1 million hand mark!
Along the way I did win a significant amount of side money :cash:
It's hard to describe myself as a player, but I guess 'TAG' is the label that fits me best.
Once in a while I also do some funky stuff :)
Most of my play has been at 10NL cash. But I also played 100k+ hands at both 4NL & 25NL.
I use different aliases, but 00Robot00 is one that use regularly.

So anyway, I thought it would be cool to try and give back to the community.
I'll answer any questions you guys might have, but please be a bit specific :)
You can also ask me about PLO, since I'm also decent at that crazy game, but not an expert tho. 

Cheers guys :)

Hi @KrustyTheClown(00Robot00) and congrats for surpassing the 1 million hand mark, well done 👍🆒

ATM just a few general questions about the cash games from Unibet as I'm a SNG/ MTT player:

1) how is the field at microstakes and are there many regs?

2) usually, how many tables are you playing at the same time and how long are your sessions?

3) from my short experience at cash games on Unibet I had some dificulties picking a good size for my open/ raise size... from your experience what is the optimal betting size?

4) how is the preflop game of the players at microstakes?

5) what articles/ books/ sites did you use to improve your cash game?

That's it for now, for sure I'll follow this thread with great interest... GL and see you at the tables :)

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@BillyR23 wrote:

Hi @KrustyTheClown(00Robot00) and congrats for surpassing the 1 million hand mark, well done 👍🆒

ATM just a few general questions about the cash games from Unibet as I'm a SNG/ MTT player:

1) how is the field at microstakes and are there many regs?

2) usually, how many tables are you playing at the same time and how long are your sessions?

3) from my short experience at cash games on Unibet I had some dificulties picking a good size for my open/ raise size... from your experience what is the optimal betting size?

4) how is the preflop game of the players at microstakes?

5) what articles/ books/ sites did you use to improve your cash game?

That's it for now, for sure I'll follow this thread with great interest... GL and see you at the tables :)

Hey BillyR23, good to see you in here, I'll try and answer the best I can :)

1) I think in general the field at microstakes is rather soft.

The higher you go, the higher the level of play obviously.

Some people don't agree with this, but my winrates also underline this.

I would say on average at a random 10NL 6m cash table 4 players are regs and 2 players are just goofing around.

Or they just aren't good at all, commonly playing rather weak.

But I feel like a lot of regs are also still making big mistakes.

Also don't forget it is easier to read regulars or put them on a range of hands.

2) I usually play 8 tables at once. When I'm feeling a bit tired or many tables are very short handed I might drop to 6 tables.

3) My standard opening size is 3bb. Sometimes I go smaller when opening from the button, but usually I don't.

When there is a limper (which usually is a rather fishy player) I might isolate rather big and make it like 5bb.

4) I think you'll find the preflop action much more aggressive when you compare to microstakes MTT's for example.

I can't compare with SNG, as I rarely ever played those.

There is definitely more 3betting going on and etc.

Preflop play will also give you a good indication of who the better players are at your table.

5) I never read a poker book. I remember reading Ryan Fee's 6 max guide tho. You'll find that one on google.

I might be outdated for the higher stakes, but it is still very worthwhile reading for any microstakes player.

I had and account on pokerstrategy but was never that involved.

Watched some youtube video's here and there and also railed a bunch of really strong players in the past.

Like a guy from Holland who used to play 1000NL heads up.

But I think the most important thing is to keep on analyzing hands that you played yourself.

Don't assume to quickly you made the right decision, very often there are alternative lines worth thinking about.

Bet sizing is also something worth looking at in almost every single hand. Be creative :)

I'm guessing you have a decent understanding of the game and you should easily beat 4NL. 

Give it a try and best of luck :)

@KrustyTheClown thanks for the detailed answer and advices :) ... I also followed(still follow) the streams of a few great cash poker players(DaVitsche, Uhlen, Doug Polk...)- learned a lot from them and I'm thinking to change grinding SNGs/ MTTs to cash games and your posts encourages me to do it 😃

GL at the tables :cash:

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

@steppek77 wrote:

Hi, @KrustyTheClown

What are you do for living? Or is poker your "job"?

Hey steppek77.

Right now I'm unemployed but I am following a full time programming course (for all the geeks out there: C# .NET 🆒). 

Should be back on track soon :) 

For my last job I worked as a test driver at Ford Lommel Proving Ground.

I'm not winning nearly enough to go professional with poker.

To be honest I don't think I would want that, because it is very stressfull for sure.

@Tillus wrote:

sick degen props mate, solid volume bra :geek:👍

whats your winrate overall/on the different stakes?

cheers

As promised, here are my full results.

Keeping good track of your results is something I would advise anyone who is taking poker a bit more seriously :)

Krusty_NL.jpg.e087ab947a7b56edbdef5cf0d1e62307.jpg

Krusty_PLO.jpg.64e729dd7e5ec1663c6b22aebf824947.jpg

Really want to improve my 25NL winrate since I feel I really ran pretty bad there in general.

Would like to achieve at least 4bb...

The results at the higher stakes are obviously pretty meaningless because of the tiny samplesize.

Anyway, onto the next million hands :Rofl:

Looking forward to any other questions people might have, especially strategy stuff :)

Cheers

Archived