How often do you change your table alias?

radge1

I have two known aliases that I'm not planning to change: MathrimC and Belvedere.

The three others I use if I want to fly under the radar, but I generally keep them too long because I'm too lazy to change. I always want to pick a clever name, but then I stare at the alias screen and can't come up with anything, so I just give up. I think I create on average one or two new aliases each month.

I normally change it every day and sometimes more than once a day during long sessions. If I start seeing the same aliases on the tables I'm playing I'll change to mix it up.

I don't think teh alias change thing is that important really. Without note taking you have to manually remember/note things aliases are doing off client which I expect most people don't do anyway

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I've experimented a bit with both keeping the same alias for a long time and changing it constantly and both have their merits.

One of the big merits of keeping the same alias is exactly what  was saying if you read his threads, he does plays that put his opponent in danger and the people that see that will know that and will stay out of his way which gives him a huge advantage. So by keeping the same alias you can have a dynamic with people where you're basically telling them hey stay of my blinds, and of the blinds I want to steal, actually stay off your blinds too, I am the captain now :D . And obviously you can use this to your advantage in other situations as well, like having a nit image and then switching at key points in the tournament or having a crazy image but only playing with the hand against people that know that :) etc...

Constantly changing aliases has some big merits as well, one of the biggest for me right now is the fact that I play a million tables (partly because of the sweet promotions, unibet.com sign up now :D ) and I can't be arsed to think every time what my opponent thinks about me, how he is reacting to me, so I am essentially simplifying the game for me, and reducing my edge a bit in the process (and making it a bit more boring), but it allows me to play more. Another big factor is that this can allow you to make some very exploitable plays in certain situations that if your opponent knows you, you lose money, because he knows how to react. Of course you could balance your ranges and not be exploitable in the first place, but sometimes exploitable plays net more money. It is a bad habit tho, since I see myself using the exploitable but profitable excuse sometimes but when looking at the play afterwards it's just straight up bad :P

I also like being anonymous on the internet so there's that :)

I love the fact you can change your alias. When playing cash games, i should change my alias more often. Im rather attached to some for personal reasons.As much as poker is about the maths its also about pschology. Both opponents and your own.So what ever makes you feel comfortable when your playing

I often change alias in freerolls, especially when i do a donk move and lose  :D

On other regular tournaments, i tend to be attached to one alias and play one or two weeks with it, and then i also keep my main alias (Mynona) for all the twitch-community events :)

Archived