Adding actual times/dates for expiry of tournament tickets

Hi,

Would it be possible to display the actual final time a ticket can be used with both the date and time?

I've already made several mistakes due to the incredibly vague 'less than x' system currently used. When I first joined, I misuderstood how long the €5 welcome tickets were valid for and ended up multi-tabling all four tickets (including using one as a flip) at once a whole week before they expired. I've lost another ticket through confusion. And almost threw away several more through flips because:

• It's not clear that you can book tournaments for after the expiry date.
  • Tournaments often don't show up until 24 hours or less before their start date. So, if my ticket expires at e.g. 10.30pm and the only relevant next tournament in 10pm the next day, I have no way of knowing that without risking losing my ticket or spending silly amounts of time waiting for new tournaments to maybe appear. I can see the purpose of flip tournies if you lack time, but otherwise I'd much prefer the edge from actually playing poker compared to a 1/5 probability of winning with 5/1 returns (not including stake). With those odds it would be quicker to just buy the higher value ticket assuming you play enough games to overcome variance. It would also be amazing to have some way of seeing tournament times a week in advance. It would make planning much, much easier.

Apart from this, I'm absolutely loving Unibet. Playing some really enjoyable poker and having a blast -- keep up the good work.

🙂

Thank you for the feedback, @MattBrinks

The "show in client time" for MTT's is something we've discussed a couple times in the past, and different tournament managers have had different opinions on the matter. We have generally increased it a fair bit over the years, but cast majority of tournaments do indeed show 24 hours before start, and there're also ones showing as late as 8 hours before start. I've raised this again and I believe it's somewhat likely we'll make bigger adjustments here. Having full schedule a week in advance is unlikely to happen though, as it's a bit pointless for flips and it'd also make the schedule list incredibly long and heavy. A compromise is probably the way to go 🙂 

The expiry time. I think the current solution works for vast majority of customers, as you'll generally have just a ticket or two, and then an expiry date of "less than 7 days" should be clear and not cause any issues. It's also worth mentioning the exact date is shown, when the ticket has got a long validity. The tickets have also got very decent expiry dates giving lots of opportunities to use each individual ticket. For the few customers that got +20 tickets, I can see exact expiry date and time be an improvement for sure. Or in the case of welcome freeroll tickets.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Is there some (technical/accounting) reason why points can't be used as "money" and make buy in straight with them without going through ticket shop first? 

There would be one variable less for someone who buys tickets in advance just to realize he don't get to play them in time (like donk himself 😄 )