How do you play double pair against a flush ?

Furan

Raised 3-bet preflop with K♠️Q♦️, got called by one player.

Flop : 7♥️ K♥️ 3♥️

I am out of position, and C-bet my pair of kings. He calls.

Turn :  7♥️ K♥️ 3♥️ Q♠️

I second barrel my double pair, he calls.

River :  7♥️ K♥️ 3♥️ Q♠️ 6♦️

I shove (to avoid facing a difficult decision if I check and then he shoves), he calls and shows A♥️ 10♥️. He wins, fair enough.

So, how do you play that ?

I thought about it  but I can't come really come with a good answer. Is this the good line of play ? Should I have checked the flop or the turn ?

Thank you 😘

@Furan It is not clear what kind of game it is and what the stacks are, so it is desirable to clarify this. I suspect that this is MTT, because it is unlikely that in 100 BB stacks on the river, a push is possible based on the SPR that I imagine here. If you've already decided to go all the way, why are you afraid of difficult decisions after your check? The check-call option can look better, as we can provoke bluffs from flush draws (for example from the same AhXx) that will not pay us our bet.

Everything else looks good (from the point of view of a weak REG player ABI 10 🙃)

Thank you for you reply SShcherbyna. It was S&G, 3 players left, stacks were evenly distributed if I recall correctly (so approx. 2000 each). Pot was 400 at flop, 800 at turn, 1600 at river, I had approx. 900 left by the river.

So no big mistake here, just part of variance ? (Yes, I think I would have gone all the way anyway, so maybe I could check the river instead.)

How do you play double pair against a flush?

Simple answer:                             I don't know.

More complicated answer:          As soon as I hit two pairs, whether on the flop, turn or river, against any and all types of boards, I know with 100% certainty there are only two       possible outcomes. Either villain has nothing and I win a small pot, or villain has me on toast and I lose a big pot. From memory I'd say it was about 7 years ago I last won an all in with 2 pairs. Sorry if this answer is not helpful, your question brings back so many bad memories for me. 😪 

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I also would have checked the turn and checked folded the river.  At the stacks I play the villains call on the river is a neon sign they have a flush.  At that point you’ve done all you can do, next hand will be better.