Racing, what is this deduction of winnings?

HoekNL

I am puzzled by the winnings stated on my Horseracing bets.

All winning bets over 2023/2024, (except strangly enough the very last one) have a winnings amount around 0,10/0,20 up to 0,60 euro LESS then actual winning.

All are single Bets, mostly E/W, using Uniboost when available, taking Odds on race-day and never use SP.

Example:

8-Jan-24, Newcastle 18:20, nr. 6. Explorers Way.   Bet 1 Euro @15/1 (Uniboost) , E/W, places 1,2,3,4 @ 1/5 

Result:  5,1,9,6. (6 was placed), no Rule-4 deduction,  expected Winnings: 1/5*15=3,00 plus 1,00 Stake = 4,00 euro.    

Actual reported winnings:  3,80 euro.

More complex example attached, 8/1/24, Newcastle 17:30, #6 @ 13/1 E/W 1/5

Result  (6,8),9,3  (a DeadHeat with 2 winners)

Expected (0.50 * 13) + 13/5 + 2 = 6,50+2,60+2,00=11,10, paid 10.40

I've gone through the T&C's but cannot find any extra cost structure for Racing, and was not expexting to find one, the odds game is where your profit is.

I do understand winnings are subjected to 30.5% tax in  .NL, starting at winnings of 500euro, but the percentages of the deductions range from 1 to 10%,  seems odd.

Can Unibet explain the deduction?

6ExplorersWay.png

6TruePromiseDeadHeat.png

Hi @HoekNL and welcome to the community.

The each way betting on Best Odds Guaranteed produces an anomaly in the payout as the best price part is only paid out on the WIN part of the bet and not the PLACE part. This does indeed produce some slight discrepancies from what is expected and what is actually paid, and has caught out, and probably will continue to do so, a few customers in the past.🥴

I've looked back at the first race you mentioned and it is an 11 runner handicap normally paying 3 places, so I assume this is a boosted place race. In these cases even if you take a BOG you will only be paid at the price you take at the time and not the best odds, just another of those things that are in the t&c's but not easy to actually find. Extra places and boosted odds on one or more runners in a race unfortunately negate the BOG.

I hope this answers your question and good luck in your future betting, but be extra careful when looking at the each way bets. 🍀

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I've just noticed 

image.png.b85f8aa5c22885e8220693cab9f6a079.png

the little box by the race indicating enhanced odds or places for that race, a sign that your BOG for that race sadly didn't apply. 

I would have thought there should be something on the betting slip that warns when placing a bet on these races that BOG doesn't apply, but not here it seems. 😢

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks for your quick response 👍 

i do like to take the enhanced place races, as i only do E/W bets, so most of my bets have the gift of Enhanced Place 😁   BTW, i've just noticed that my last win was a non odd-boosted bet, which has the expected place winning. So i guess the Uniboost has the same affect, boosted odds only on the win part of the E/W? I'll need to recalc to check this.

You say BOG is negated by Enhanced place and/or Boosted Odds, good to know but I was not aware of the BOG being part of pre-race bets, assumed it was a Starting Price option.

I notice the BOG sign at all UK races, what is the impact on the Odds when placing a bet with current odds and no negating options used?

Thanks, have a good weekend

5 minutes ago, HoekNL said:

Thanks for your quick response 👍 

I just happened to be loitering. 😬

If you go to the main page of the UB site and click "Special Offers" you will find more or less all the info on BOG and special race offers. 

Good Luck.🍀

• Like 1