BOG and Board Prices

geoffowen

Hi - new to Unibet and I wondered if someone could explain a couple of things with betting on horse racing please

1. When does a price offered become a "Board Price" and you lose the BOG price e.g backed a horse at 6/4 won at 5/2 and I got paid at 6/4

2. How do you take a normal price when its boosted to maintain the BOG 

Thanks 

Geoff

Hi @geoffowen and welcome to the community. I'll try and answer but sometimes it can get a bit fussy.

1. Prices are offered all the time, a lot of races are priced up the day before, I'm not sure of the time frame because I rarely look too far ahead. A "Board Price" is usually the price once the on course bookmakers chalk up their prices for the next race on the "Board."  If you take 6/4 and the horse wins at 5/2 you should be paid at the higher price BUT there are exceptions, races where extra places are paid amongst others. I've fallen foul of this rule in the past, assuming it's automatic when it isn't, something to be aware of.

2. If a race has a horse price boosted then you cannot maintain the BOG, you take the horse at the price it's boosted to and if it wins at a bigger price then you lose out. 

Hope this helps and "May Your Odds Go With You."🍻

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png