1.5 Million Hands in One Year

MaxSang

The first 2 weeks have come to and end.

So far I have played 65K hands with a profit of 500E. 90% of the volume was played at 10NL.

Going forward I think I will replace the 1-2 25NL tables with 4NL tables because I have noticed a tendency to defocus and mild tilt whenever I lost a few stacks or flips at 25NL because of the monetary difference and not enough bankroll to be careless at 25NL.

I m gonna give myself some rates in a few criterias, I hope I m not very biases.

Consistency: 9/10 - I m satisfied with the volume I managed to put in so far, it can be with 20% better tho.

Tilt Prevention: 7/10 - I usually tilt once or twice a day, and spew a few Buy-ins leveling myself. I m not dissapointed nor satisfied.

Deployment of the Strategy: 8/10 - I usually try to stay on track with my strategy but sometimes I drift away due to fatigue or minor tilt issues.

Study and Strategy Refiment: 8/10 - I try to study or revisit some materials everyday because I like to keep the fundamentals and base strategy sharp.

This is it so far, thank you for following and please post any questions that you have.

image.png.6022f38460aef4e81bd891508349a422.png

Edited by MaxSang
  • Like 7

On 1/5/2023 at 12:53 PM, fish8one said:

GL for it! 🙂

Would you care/dare to share some disclouserable strategics to beat these games..?🤓

With what winrate would you be happy with at this volume?

Do you think Wizard is ok for NL10 player population here, i tried the free version only so far, dunno to buy for micro to be honest..

Thanks, and GL again !

Did someone say GTO Wizard? 

Imo the free stuff should already be enough to get started. You get all the ranges you need, one solution a day and can practice 10 hands a day. As a 10nl player that should be enough to get started. Besides that I would advice finding other players that play similar stakes to discuss hands with and reviewing your own hands after every session using good old equilab and your brain. 

Edited by ValueHeavy
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, SShcherbyna said:

In your opinion, the difference in player skill is greater between NL4-NL10 or NL10-NL25

I'd say it's a bigger jump from NL10 to NL25 as you find some decent regs at NL25 and less so at NL10.

Another factor is the pool gets smaller the higher up you go and NL4 is basically a donkfest, NL10 is a donkfest but with some (bad) regs, then at NL25 there are more semi decent regs etc. The bigger the pool the better as you get a better rec (fish) vs reg ratio.

GTO Wizard for beating NL10 is just absurd, just keep it to the basics to beat the game should be good enough, doesn't hurt to look up some spots but all you need is to know opening ranges from every position and just value bet when you have it, fold when you don't, in a nutshell that is.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2023 at 8:33 PM, ValueHeavy said:

My question: why would you do this to yourself?

On a serious note though, best of luck, will definitely follow the blog! 

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. At the moment I m gathering bankroll and continue to study the game for future stakes. MDA and GTO.

Thanks for following and input, I have also watched several of your streams!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:33 AM, SShcherbyna said:

Meh So So GIF by UFC

In your opinion, the difference in player skill is greater between NL4-NL10 or NL10-NL25

The difference its surely greater between NL10 and NL25.

NL4 and NL10 are fun to play due to the higher amount of recreationals and their fun plays. Lower rake also helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This month I have played 56k hands so far.

The winrate since I started the challenge is around 8bb/100.

One of the most important concepts of poker can be distilled down to this:

There are 2 reasons why we bet: To get worst hands to call and to fold better hands than ours. 

Another way put, to get opponents to over-pay for, or under-realise the equity of their hand.

Keep putting in the work everybody!

handsss.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I consider February to be over for me.

This month I have played around 95k Hands with a winrate of over 10bb/100.

Mini Challenge

Starting from Monday until the 31st of March, because there will be 5 beautiful working weeks, I will try to play 150K hands at 10nl.

Best of luck everyone!

image.png.42a98c6fb765521e757ac57d67a5d1db.png

Edited by MaxSang
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 11:40 PM, KrustyTheClown said:

Update?

I'm pretty sure I played with you quite a lot some weeks ago.
You always min open right?
I think your 3betting and 4betting ranges were pretty out of line.
You don't need to try and run over every reg imo 🙂

Anyway, good luck with the challenge.

A little behind on the challenge because I had to take several days off.

I actually never min open, 2.5x is my standard open and sometimes 3x.

I like to think that Preflop is one of my strongest areas, so my 3Bets and 4Bets are in line with theory.

Its true that I 3Bet alot tho, rarely calling preflop.

I like to change my aliases quite often and always playing with 4 different aliases at the tables at the same time, so maybe you confused me for someone else 😄 

I m gonna give you a sneak into my aliases, so you get an idea of who I was at the tables, because I m going to change them anyway 😄 

Good luck at the tables and thanks for stopping by!

ali.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 6:30 PM, MaxSang said:

Hello guys!

I consider February to be over for me.

This month I have played around 95k Hands with a winrate of over 10bb/100.

Mini Challenge

Starting from Monday until the 31st of March, because there will be 5 beautiful working weeks, I will try to play 150K hands at 10nl.

Best of luck everyone!

image.png.42a98c6fb765521e757ac57d67a5d1db.png

Time`s up!

I had to take a week off during the minichallenge so I didnt managed to complete it.

118k/150k

Also the first quarter of the year is done, and so far I managed to play 323k Hands, a little behind on the schedule.

Good luck to everyone grinding and see you at the 10NL tables!

hands.png

Edited by MaxSang
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for going stealth.

This year I managed to play 1.250.000 hands on Unibet, 90% of the volume played was at 10NL while the other 10% was 25NL and some banzai.

At 10NL I had a winrate of around 7bb/100 and at 25NL anywhere around 1-3bb/100.

I semi-failed the challenge, partly because 1-2 month I have played on other sites, but Unibet is definitely the best and friendliest site around, and I can call it my poker home.

From now until January I m going to charge up for my best poker year so far.

Please feel free to ask any questions and thanks for coming by! Happy Holidays!

• Like 9

Questions:

It's impressive but was it worth it? Seems like too much of a grind to me. Are you going to put in the same volume again next year?  

How many people have passed the 1 Million hand milestone? It's a stat in the game lab, I'm currently at 867k hands lifetime and it says only 1,124 people have passed the 250k mark.

• Like 3