HP Extreme

Dragoo

24 minutes ago, Dragoo said:

What happened/will happen to HexaPro Extreme?

We had some concerns about leaving it running due to potential complications with the jackpot mania promotion. For now it'll be available on Saturdays only, with the jackpots, like it was before the world cup.

I would personally like to add it back, but I'm not sure it'll work with the current rake, when there's no promotion running. The traffic has been quite good in December, even when there were no jackpots, so I could be wrong. 

Three options on the table:

- Put games online again (when concerns about jackpot promo have been solved)

- Revise game rules and lower the rake on format to approx. 4%

- Have game available 24/7 with the jackpot mania promotion on all the time 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

The previous format was also good at €2/5 limit, it should not have been deleted.
But: - Put the HP Extreme games online again and have the game available 24/7 with the jackpot promotion. Maybe there could be an extra JP for major events like Christmas, New Years, Darts, NBA finals, NHL All-Star Game, or NFL Super Bowl, Tennis Grand Slams.......and many more.

Personally I like option 3, permanent jackpot mania, or at least in between certain hours. While normal extremes are just a slightly modified (improved) hexapro, but with very high rake for the speed, with jackpot mania it kinda feels like a completely different game, sort of like a dungeon where you have to clear a ton of trash mobs to get to the boss fight that spawns randomly and you can see it getting closer and closer. And then you have to fight 2 bosses that can be super hard or even super weak, but they can still 1 shot you, all the while you still have to finish the trash mobs on the other tables. This format is EXTREME! 😄 Whoever built it deserves a raise!

Stakes wise, I prefer 5 and 10€ stakes but I'm sure smaller stakes people would be sad with such a setup, multiple days to satisfy everyone, or every day would be ideal 🙏

Counter vs Timer format, personally I preferred a counter because it feels more exciting, like you're competing against a legion of players, instead of competing against the clock, but it makes complete sense that the timer version would likely be easier to maintain and schedule (and harder to precalculate effective rake I guess). Either is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Option 3 is the best of all.

Option 1 might work out on some level. I personally did play them off promo too, but that was mostly because I wanted to get some sort of volume in them and then reevaluate if its worth playing them. So Id say Option 1>not running it at all.

Option 2 is cool, because who wants to pay more rake 😄 But since there some players who just doesnt care about rake and would play them with 4 or 7% rake or wont play them at all. 

Option 3 would be my pick because it adds extra layer of excitement and players who doesnt care about rake sees it too - there is JP incoming, I need to jump in them. I think that might attract more players. To make them more effective - Id advise to change some of probabilities when they actually drop. For example: If the starting timer is 1hour (or 1k games) and it drops only in last 5 minutes (or last 100 games), It just doesnt make sense to play first games at all if you cannot beat 7% rake. Just sit and wait for the spot. But if there would be 50% chance to drop in first 75% of time/games then it actually make sense to grind them out - games run faster. (I took numbers out of thin air just for example, you probably need to adjust so it actually is worth to run the games) 

• Like 1

+1 for Option Number 3.

I have played poker for almost 15 years and HexaPro with a timer is by far the best form of poker I've played in terms of both the dynamics, excitement and thrill of the game (maybe I am saying this because I made profit on World Cup promo 😄)
I enjoyed that there were predictable play times at which the timer would start, so I could adjust my daily plans, knowing that at certain times I can join game for 15 minutes to try to catch the jackpot (ok, this time it was subordinated to football matches, but other times it can also be according to a certain schedule, like MTT tournaments).

I agree with ScaryOne that the timer should be adjusted a bit so that the jackpot table doesn't always start in the last 2-3 minutes.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

We had some concerns about leaving it running due to potential complications with the jackpot mania promotion. For now it'll be available on Saturdays only, with the jackpots, like it was before the world cup.

I would personally like to add it back, but I'm not sure it'll work with the current rake, when there's no promotion running. The traffic has been quite good in December, even when there were no jackpots, so I could be wrong. 

Why is the 10€ HP Extreme coming back, when the 5€ would be played by many more people? Anyway, the difference between 1 and 10 is big. Then it's better to have €5 and €10. I personally hate the €10 HP Extreme. I hope this will be the last one on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Dragoo said:

Why is the 10€ HP Extreme coming back, when the 5€ would be played by many more people? Anyway, the difference between 1 and 10 is big. Then it's better to have €5 and €10. I personally hate the €10 HP Extreme. I hope this will be the last one on Saturday.

As long as we have just one Extreme day as part of daily specials, I believe this is the way to go.

But I'm happy to say that I agree with most stuff in this thread and I've been pushing two extreme days for a while. There some technical complications to sort out, but with time based jackpots it's doable to have extreme always on with jackpots every day and then have different buyins as part of the daily specials. I'd probably do 2 and 5 as regular stakes. 1 and 2 on low buyin day and then maybe 10 and 20 on high buyin day. 

On 12/22/2022 at 1:48 PM, TnxImFine said:

+1 for Option Number 3.

I have played poker for almost 15 years and HexaPro with a timer is by far the best form of poker I've played in terms of both the dynamics, excitement and thrill of the game (maybe I am saying this because I made profit on World Cup promo 😄)
I enjoyed that there were predictable play times at which the timer would start, so I could adjust my daily plans, knowing that at certain times I can join game for 15 minutes to try to catch the jackpot (ok, this time it was subordinated to football matches, but other times it can also be according to a certain schedule, like MTT tournaments).

I agree with ScaryOne that the timer should be adjusted a bit so that the jackpot table doesn't always start in the last 2-3 minutes.

Happy to hear it!

When designing this promo it was definitely one I felt a bit sad missing out on (we're not allowed to play on our own site).

I agree 100% that the timer mechanics would have to be adjusted so that it hits earlier on average. I can guarantee this will happen for future promos. We will also "fix" it so that the natural 125x hits (the 125x games starting during counter but not because of counter) are included as well, which will mean earlier hits on average as well.

• Like 1

I tend to put volume in on sites when an offer that interests me is running. The 1000x multiplier hexapro games guaranteed in X number of games is one of my favorite promos on any site anywhere. I personally prefer the jackpot in X number of games as opposed to timer. Especially as it feels like timer always drops late but X number of games can drop earlier. I only realised this promo was on towards the end of the world cup but enjoyed it. Would definitely be keen to see it happen more often.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, lahm said:

The Rake is Similar as HexaPro I see 🙂 You said it will be around 4%?

Might want to read my post again 😉

Extreme also hasn't been added back yet. It's only running on the promo day. As mentioned in the post, there are several options. Not yet decided what will happen