UK Exclusive 3 lions €500 freeroll.

P0kerM0nk

Maybe this will come over as some nit picking especially over a freeroll but I just would like to point out that the UK is not a synonym for England and that there are 3 other teams (not all qualified I know) within the UK so why should they care for the England team? It even annoys me as a European living in Scotland and I don't even give a hoot about football either. (C'mon Belgium! 🤣)

In terms of potential profit, sure England is probably the best bet on some more freerolls but I just don't think this promotion is ideal overall, my 2 cents.

image.thumb.png.79f9891fef642e91dcd7b322411310b5.png

When Celtic won the European Cup (Champions League) they were hailed as the first British team to do so, whereas when Manchester United won it a year later they were the first English team to do so, not 2nd British team. It was like this forever in the UK so it's got to be hard for Europeans to get to grips with all the nuances of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom. 😖

Its Complicated Story GIF by The Ringer 

Then there's Yorkshire. 😂

Edited by GR1ZZL3R

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Don't really follow sport that closely but going by your examples it kinda proves exactly what I mean, non English team wins and they are British, English team wins and they are English... and sure this has been the standard for way too long imo lol, but I'm not here to drag this out in to a political debate. 

Just want to point out that imo in world cup football, people are rarely going to supporter for another nation, especially not at the start. 

It's historically not been just sport, any Englishman inventing something or winning a Nobel prize is praised as the first Englishman to do so, any Scot or Welshman is by default the first Brit to do so. It's not as bad these days but still occurs, the e-mail for the freerolls being a classic example, though somewhat forgivable. 

Andy Murray, a true Scot, when asked who he was supporting at that World Cup, (obviously Scotland hadn't qualified  {again}😂) said "Anyone but England." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

On 11/22/2022 at 9:13 PM, GLENGYLE said:

and as an avid Anyone but England supporter I hope I take it down 🤣

And as an avid England supporter, "Anyone but GLENGYLE." 😂

• Haha 1