How frequent are straight flushes / royal flushes ?

mugmaster200

10 hours ago, mugmaster200 said:

Had 2 royals on uni last 2 days, seems high lol

It sure is very lucky, but its possible. It a great example where all things considered, all hands are separate. The odds of getting a certain hand do not change. What is diffrent tho is, if we would calculate how probable it would be to get two royal flushes in a two day amount of hands. This is of course a diffrent number than getting one Royal in that time. But yeah the runout is separate instance, so it can happen. There are some people who have won Jackpots in a row of days too - but its very very most not going to ever happen . 

• Like 1

Just for curiosity,is there any number lets per 1 million hands, how many straight flush is still “ok”..?

the odds says arund 15 (1:75k approx)

So if i got 50 or 100 or 200 is still just luck?

is there a max number per 1 mill, at all or it is to small sum?

Is there any formula for it at all?

On 5/29/2022 at 2:10 AM, mugmaster200 said:

Had 2 royals on uni last 2 days, seems high lol

It is high for those two particular days in your time span, but the odds are nothing to get excited about. You may not see another royal flush for 10 years or get two more next week, it's totally random. It's like those that say "My Aces were beaten ten times in a row" (why is it always ten? 🤔) it's a tiny and unremarkable blip. 

image.png.bb3fc5fde03f2335b2fff89ff0a13ed3.png 

The royal flush comes about once every two and a half million hands, (on average) so if you were multitabling a lot and played 5,000,000 hands over those two days you're running about par. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I remember I visited Vegas for the first time back in 2011, and played in a $1/$2 cash game.    After a few hours I flopped a straight flush !   

I just couldnt believe it, looked at my cards and there it was.  I had never experienced to flop it before online, and suddenly it happens to you live.  Unfortunately the action was not very big at the table so the pot was kept small. 

After 15 years playing online I think I have flopped the straight flush only 1 time.