Identity change limit

fornicator99

Bro I think you overthink this one a bit too much. Having 5 diffrent ones and some changes to them will pretty much make you anonymous already enough. At the same time, when thinking about limiting numbers, its also taking account what is enough for anoniminity and how much server interactions these vectors make. If they add 1 more its already a multiplier of resource processing. Its understandable and not a need for a change. Also the change limit helps to keep more track with getting confused if something needs to be investigated by the board side of things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Estzen said:

Bro I think you overthink this one a bit too much. Having 5 diffrent ones and some changes to them will pretty much make you anonymous already enough. At the same time, when thinking about limiting numbers, its also taking account what is enough for anoniminity and how much server interactions these vectors make. If they add 1 more its already a multiplier of resource processing. Its understandable and not a need for a change. Also the change limit helps to keep more track with getting confused if something needs to be investigated by the board side of things.

Don't really agree with you. I think not changing your nickname is a serious leak that some regs at the games I play don't take seriously and it costs them a  lot because you can exploit them. If you play a lot vs the same people I think 4 changes a day it's not enough because you will still have to play hours using the same nick. I would like to change it every time. Resources wise, I don't really see how adding more nicknames would add more server interactions. Most probably those nicknames are mapped to some user id and saved in a database and the server works with that id. Also you would still have 4 nicks at the same time, just be able to change them more often. Really, I think it's a product decision, not a technical one. So why 4 and not 10?

I don't know the exact reason behind limiting it to 3 new aliases a day but I do know that every alias you use and discard goes into quarantine for about 30 days so that you can get it back if you want it and so we can track it. That list would get pretty big with 10 changes a day.

You can play with a total of 8 aliases a day, 5 at the start of the start of the day plus the 3 new ones you can create each day. The max sample size anyone is every going to get on you is a 2 day period so don't think it's going to be massively relevant. Maybe at the higher stakes with smaller pools it could be but I also suspect regs at that level will have a pretty good idea who the other regs are based on playing style, regardless of alias name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poker Janitor

15 minutes ago, Andy-Unibet said:

I don't know the exact reason behind limiting it to 3 new aliases a day but I do know that every alias you use and discard goes into quarantine for about 30 days so that you can get it back if you want it and so we can track it. That list would get pretty big with 10 changes a day.

You can play with a total of 8 aliases a day, 5 at the start of the start of the day plus the 3 new ones you can create each day. The max sample size anyone is every going to get on you is a 2 day period so don't think it's going to be massively relevant. Maybe at the higher stakes with smaller pools it could be but I also suspect regs at that level will have a pretty good idea who the other regs are based on playing style, regardless of alias name.

I wasn't part of these discussions either, as they're years back, but I suspect it was done with the same mindset as every other feature: protecting the recreationals/building a product for the casual player 🙂

Casual players won't benefit from further identity changes and neither will most players with a reasonable volume. The ones benefiting will be regs putting in a really high volume every day.

Personally I understand both sides but lean slightly towards keeping it as is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions.