difference between freerolls and normal tournaments?

Liefvergren

i have a question, anyone else noticed that when playing a freroll you almost loose every allinhand against someone with larger stack, with aa and such againt 4-7 ofsuit, but in normal tours its almost always the best starthand (preflop ) that wins. Is it only me that noticed that

joakim liefvergren

We get this a lot @Liefvergren and it's always explained away by selective memory. Unfortunately you tend to remember the bad beats more than when you win with AA or KK but over the long run it should average out. By the way, no-one knows how long the long run is, but it's longer than anyone thinks.🤣

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

It's a good plan - I did it and noticed that those from €1 are my favourite. They may have a quieter pace and less aggressive players, at least at the lower levels. I still play freerolls because I think they are fun and challenges my patience although it's very hard to get to the bubble for me. Good luck to you!! :)
If you can dream it, you can do it

difference? none! 

also:  bingo  players, dont respect raises/positions generally . i dont know sitution  on 10,25  ,50 euros...but below  it is  freeroll  generlly... without taging  players  dont expect more... Like you said:  deep stack and long  levels  this is solution  maybe...  avoid: ie.  multiverse,  rebuy/addon, turbos...  bounty mtt ?  to small   field for this  ... better normal  mtt in my opinion...

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

I've seen the same @pinki e1 tourneys at least play just like freerolls, everyone shoving early trying to build a big stack. Anyway I just don't like them, maybe cos I never seem to run well, maybe I'm just bad at them. :puking:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R maybe you are right...but i played many mtts free and micro  on one another site...and  i have comparison  to  this here ...  I do not know what the exact cause of this situation is ... probably the anonymity of the players.  besides itm in poker, it is important to collect information about the player ... if you can not mark someone like 'whale/colour tag' if he has 4bet with 64off from utg2  this is  wrong.....or to the other side ...marks   solid  players/regs ...  

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I've seen the same @pinki e1 tourneys at least play just like freerolls, everyone shoving early trying to build a big stack. Anyway I just don't like them, maybe cos I never seem to run well, maybe I'm just bad at them. :puking:

yeap...  and when you dare to call their shove you see.... A3off...  and one thought: wtf?!  yesterday i call  guy shove(1esingulrity)  because he often did it for a few hands...  i have AKoff(bB) vs 44(30bb)  K on the board... I did it similarly probably three times , I'm surprised how easy people  go  allin with a10off,ajoff  with 20bb+...  and i cant mark those players.  my many calls  was bad also,but   you cant wait if whole table play in this way ... but  for  me is to many risky flips...generally poker on Unibet is easy:  wait for monster,  shove,tripple up...  wait  for another , double up, etc etc  result:  itm or 0euro.  :)

I think you're right @pinki. My trouble is I play the patient game waiting for decentish starting hands but they don't seem to come. Meanwhile you see someone building a monster stack by calling any hand with any two and flopping lucky. Then when I get to the shoving stage, or even earlier, I get all in with KK or QQ and get called by some rubbish that makes a 4 flush or 4 straight on the river and the frustration just builds up. I'm not whinging or whining but accepting that maybe low buy in mtts are simply not for me, so it's back to the great game of PLO, where I've just made e20 in 10 minutes. I'm no expert in that either but I seem to have more patience for it and there are still many players don't read hands or the board correctly. Run good and when my br is bigger I might try higher buy ins.😃👍

I also think the alias thing is a lot to do with it, no-one can get called out for bad play, they can just change name again, but that is actually a plus point for me that I don't mind.🤣

Yeah, hate the all in frenzy early doors too, there always seems to be one J4 merchant that builds a nice stack at my table doing this. And when do I managed to hit my monster hand then usually by then a few others also need to double up, so I end up in a 3 or 4 way All In which usually means curtains for my AA .

its ok if you get past the first dozen rounds or so, but very frustrating early on. Still, will try again later

Archived