Restoring alias

BEoWulf

My first ever alias is not working anymore and is it possible to ever work again?

I had an alias - than by making a new alias for challenge points I temporary delete this alias. And then I didn't play much for a long time not changing my alias again. And ofcourse that alias isn't available anymore. I'm talking about a few years ago.

Is it because another player is using this alias? If this player doesn't play anymore on Unibet?

What is the timeframe an alias isn't available anymore.

Thanks alot.

Is the software offering you other choices? Like Beowulf3. Beowulf4 and so on? Then your alias is taken by somebody else. Nothing you can do except maybe  use  a - or a _.

Is the software stating "the alias is not available"? Then the alias or some part of it is on the naughty list.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @BEoWulf and @WuDu, so, the aliases are not really deleted from under your profile, they are "quarantined" basically layed aside but under your profile. The tutorial below I made on how to change an avatar of an already existing alias but it might aid you in restoring the desired Alias, have a look let me know if it doesn't work.

Former Community Moderator

@RayL thx for the reply, but I mean something else.

It is about that 'quarantind time'. How long is this time? Is it 4 weeks? 80 days? 6 months? I have 7 aliases and I switch them regularly so I do not cross this quarantine. But what if I take a break from poker and after 2 months I open the client again. Then probably the 2 inactive aliases will not be available anymore for me if someone else took them.

That is what happened with my first alias. It is not available anymore. I'm looking for that timeframe of the quarantine.

Thx.

I made another video @BEoWulf, you will need to sacrifice :) one of your curent Aliases in order to restore an old one. they are not deleted, just "invisible" under your profile. First it shows replacing one and after restoring it from the archive.

Former Community Moderator

@RayL wrote:

Hi @BEoWulf and @WuDu, so, the aliases are not really deleted from under your profile, they are "quarantined" basically layed aside but under your profile. The tutorial below I made on how to change an avatar of an already existing alias but it might aid you in restoring the desired Alias, have a look let me know if it doesn't work.

"change an avatar of an already existing alias" 

This has never worked, the old avatar just comes back the moment you join a table. Has been a reported issue since the dawn of time (not a big issue tho), not even manually releasing the alias out of quarantine would let you select a new avatar for that alias. It's a weird one. 

Archived