Crazy fold?

Kitch

€2, 5 seat SNG

Heads up , 80 / 160 SB/BB

After calling an all in  the player has 204 chips left in the Big blind on the next hand. 

I min raise to 320 ofcourse,

He folds leaving on 44 chips, seen something similar once before , (not talking about collision , ofcourse you see that from time to time)

Surely that's a call every time? Or am I missing something here. 

wrote:

Talking about folds.

Is this a fold ICM wise?

6/8 get paid with tickets for the Super Nova.

I would 100% fold that hand. You are mostly flipping, sometimes you will see AQ. If you fold, you are still in a strong position and you can pressure the shorter stacks. If you call and loose, you will only cash around half the time. If you fold, you will probably cash at least 70%+ of the time, so folding is far better than calling.

wrote:

Talking about folds.

Is this a fold ICM wise?

I think this is easy fold. You have healthy stack to survive and reach the ITM. If this situation would occur in a single tourney and I would have some information about the allin guy then I would consider to call but I think this is a very clean and standard situation.

If this situation would occur in a single tourney and I would have some information about the allin guy then I would consider to call but I think this is a very clean and standard situation.

In a regular tournament situation this is a really clear call. On the money bubble, it can be either a call or a fold, depending on how the opponent’s range looks like. At the final table I like a fold more since the ranges usually are tighter because people try to ladder. Also, it’s always better to have additional fold equity instead of flipping at best.

wrote:

€2, 5 seat SNG

Heads up , 80 / 160 SB/BB

After calling an all in  the player has 204 chips left in the Big blind on the next hand. 

I min raise to 320 ofcourse,

He folds leaving on 44 chips, seen something similar once before , (not talking about collision , ofcourse you see that from time to time)

Surely that's a call every time? Or am I missing something here. 

Yeah, that's a crazy fold. I've seen this happen a few times down the years and usually it's just because they're terrible at poker.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

wrote:

Talking about folds.

Is this a fold ICM wise?

6/8 get paid with tickets for the Super Nova.

1782841529_foldorno.JPG.adf325d04dd34358f751a7e8a441cb74.JPG

Snap fold. Given the stack sizes and the situation, I'd be very surprised if you can call anything but KK and AA. Even KK might be an ICM fold.

I've just put this through ICMizer and these are the results. Bear in mind though that it assumes everybody is playing correctly and UTG is jamming 55% which is extremely unlikely even if he's an end level boss because other players will be calling too wide. I'd guess the average player would jam less than 20% there and as KK is only just a very thin call at 35% (because villain has a lot of aces in their range) then you should really only be calling with AA here.

551835524_SattyICM.thumb.JPG.34a50a00acd66bc16e9891f25d458651.JPG

Archived