Iceland - Hungary Match Thread

Keyser

A bit worried for Iceland. I thought they would manage to keep Hungary more to the midfield without Szalai, and Hungary have spent a bit too much time near the Icelandic box. I also feel there's a bit too much distance between the different layers of their offensive play...

Come on you, Iceland. Rought it up!

(By the way: one of these days, someone is going to stop offering odds at all on the half time result being 0-0 in this Euro....)

@Lucky wrote:

Hello @JeppeL I chose the right name, but I forgot that the team is those two ...

is there a chance for a full award or at least 5 euro free bet?

I noticed that but you're still getting the freebet, next time please remember to specify the player :)

Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

That's the first goal of the evening, the prize for winning the competition should in your account shortly :)

Thanks, Jeppe :catvery-happy:

I'm again a bit worried about Iceland. Think they've dropped back a bit too much. I know Hungary aren't as equipped to play their way through as a team like Portugal, Spain or the likes, but I think Iceland needs to either keep hold of the ball a bit more or take a few of the counters faster. If they don't, there's a good chance Hungary will punish them in the last 25 minutes.

And keeping hold of the ball would also force Hungary to spend more energy chasing--while Iceland can rest a bit with ball in team--and as such leave Hungary with a bit less energy to spend offensively.

Imagine; Iceland has a population of 330.000, and 20.000 registered footballers. They still have the kind of quality as Alfreð Finnbogason to sub on in 2nd half. I think he scored 7 goals in 15 matches for Augsburg in Bundesliga on loan this spring....

Not sure Hungary has even one striker with such kind of stats.. anywhere....

Edit.... and he's barely on before he picks up his 2nd booking in two subbed matches, and gets himself ruled out for both the Austria-match and a potential first round knockout-stage.

Archived