One-day league on first Sunday of every month! Leaderboard prizes incl. €250 UO for best Sub

DaVitsche

Maybe you modify the structure of the tournament because I had 2 major major problems because of the 4 minute BB raise.

1. People were shoving All in every 2 hands maximum. Usually there was a shove every hand.

2. Because of the many shoves there were many people eliminated. Before reg ended it was ok I was playing 30-40 hands before being auto balanced. After reg ended and all shoves begin I was playing 5-6 hands and then getting balanced and it's incredibly frustrating.

PJSalt I got so tilted from this League that I even forgot to use my 1000 and 3000 euro freeroll tickets because I called Sunday an early off day from poker.

Poker's a day to learn and a lifetime to master. ~Robert Williamson III

I thought there was a decent amount of play considering the blind structure. As mentioned on stream my main issue was that you're constantly playing for 10 hours if you don't bust early. Could be good to spread the MTTs out to every 90 minute start time and have say 6 in a day and top 5 scores count. It looked like most players played ever event so I can't see the harm in more of them counting for points.
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

If it stays the same i dont know if i could make it on regular basis cause its almost whole day. I mean i took some time off for diner/dog walk etc and didnt play about 3 and it probably ended my hopes of making top 10. 😉

8 MTTs (ten is a bit too much IMO), same structure of blinds, starting every 30 minutes, starting 17-19 CET. With that its no more than 3.5h of playing and you can grind also what youre usually do. That would be perfect for me.  

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@testuser1 wrote:

Think the structure is good, considering it's just € 1 tournaments. Doubt as many would want to play a tournament with a € 100 prizepool, if the blinds were 6-8 minutes.

If your point is that the tournaments would take too much time for 1 euro tournaments then look again at the schedule. 10 hours of Tournament playing mate.

Poker's a day to learn and a lifetime to master. ~Robert Williamson III

One of the reasons why it's "best 3 results count" is to allow for people with less time to just hop in a few and hope to bink big. Imagine a scenario where remk_95 would have had a football match in the evening and after the first 4 he just logs off, in that case he would still have won, and that's exactly why I did it that way.

Weird that people perceive it as if being forced to play all in order to guarantee a spot in the top 10.

In a vacuum it's just a €1 MTT with a €100 GTD, so that's still fun to play.

90 minutes between each is an option, but that makes it even less accessible imho + would create a lot of downtime on the stream.

I think the schedule and structure were pretty decent for what we tried to do, the thing I want to improve is the suspense. The pointswings shoud be bigger so that it's easier for people to surpass someone.

@DaVitsche wrote:

One of the reasons why it's "best 3 results count" is to allow for people with less time to just hop in a few and hope to bink big. Imagine a scenario where remk_95 would have had a football match in the evening and after the first 4 he just logs off, in that case he would still have won, and that's exactly why I did it that way.

Weird that people perceive it as if being forced to play all in order to guarantee a spot in the top 10.

In a vacuum it's just a €1 MTT with a €100 GTD, so that's still fun to play.

90 minutes between each is an option, but that makes it even less accessible imho + would create a lot of downtime on the stream.

I think the schedule and structure were pretty decent for what we tried to do, the thing I want to improve is the suspense. The pointswings shoud be bigger so that it's easier for people to surpass someone.

Playing 4 out of 10 games and then leaving isn't really a league then is it. That's just getting lucky (Remk's was skill+luck:)). If it was 6 or 8 out of the ten games then it may have looked a bit closer. The way it ended up if I had logged in around game 5 I personally wouldn't have bothered because I would know I need 3 top 5 finishes out of 5 MTTs to be in with a shot.

It's probably just a personal thing and I had the same argument regarding the community league being too heavily based on single results and not consistency but I understand the idea of trying to get as many people involved as possible. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@AlexandruDobrin wrote:

@testuser1 wrote:

Think the structure is good, considering it's just € 1 tournaments. Doubt as many would want to play a tournament with a € 100 prizepool, if the blinds were 6-8 minutes.

If your point is that the tournaments would take too much time for 1 euro tournaments then look again at the schedule. 10 hours of Tournament playing mate.

True, but can only play a limited number of tournaments simultaneously - especially on iPad (can't sit at a computer for 10 hours straight) :)

Archived