Will The Live Package Prizes Be Adjusted Post Referendum Result?

sgriff

The UK Poker Tour package is worth 500 euros, but the payout is a £220 ticket and £130 expenses.  500 euros is now worth £419.51 giving a £69.51 gap from the £350 prize.  I know currency rates go up and down so it's swings and roundabouts, but it feels that this is a step change in the exchange rate at least for now.  Are there plans to adjust the prize?  Maybe make the expense element the difference between the ticket and the prize value?  That way the expenses element will go up and down with the exchange rate and no one loses out, including Unibet who I'm sure have lost out when the rate has moved the other way in the past.

@sgriff wrote:

The UK Poker Tour package is worth 500 euros, but the payout is a £220 ticket and £130 expenses.  500 euros is now worth £419.51 giving a £69.51 gap from the £350 prize.  I know currency rates go up and down so it's swings and roundabouts, but it feels that this is a step change in the exchange rate at least for now.  Are there plans to adjust the prize?  Maybe make the expense element the difference between the ticket and the prize value?  That way the expenses element will go up and down with the exchange rate and no one loses out, including Unibet who I'm sure have lost out when the rate has moved the other way in the past.

They have already adjusted the prize, Just I dont think the relevant webpages have been updated.

@David-Unibet Is the man in the know for the UK tour

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

The page needs to be updated to reflect this, and a number of other small details. The travel expenses we pay into your account are always adjusted though to reflect the exchange rate at the time, and that should have happened previously on any packages you won. Was that not the case?

I'm on vacation until Wednesday but top of my to-do list is getting the UK tour page updated. Also noticed a question from @Mynona regarding the UK Tour coverage in the AMA thread which I'll answer here in the hope that she sees it (don't want to butt in on that thread). When we started the UK Tour it was done on a fairly small budget and we considered the first year to be a trial period. It's gone really well  (other than the Nottingham overlay :smileysurprised:) and we'll definitely be continuing it next year. With that decision to continue we'll also be spending more on the Tour, including some proper coverage. That change (and hopefully some others) won't come in until next year though unfortunately.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

That's good news.  I haven't checked previous package wins because in my mind one day you'd gain, one day you'd lose, it's really not worth worrying about. I didn't realise there was  an adjustment applied as I've never checked.  I've always trusted you guys - so if my balance has gone up I've assumed the expenses have been paid correctly and have never bothered checking if I'm 'up' or 'down' due to exchange rates as that isn't an issue for me.

It would be worth updating the lobby though as anyone new coming along might do a quick calculation and believe that it's not a great deal leaving you with lower traffic and potentially an overlay.

Archived