The hardest thing in poker, perhaps the world.

Cindy_Essex

Don't know about you lot, but I find the mission win three hands at showdown SO HARD! 

I mean I can obviously win three hands, but at showdown? So hard. It means either I'm missing my value or calling when I shouldn't be to get all the way to showdown and THEN win!

I'm not very good at poker but I know when something is difficult. Any thoughts or tips?

@Cindy_Essex wrote:

Don't know about you lot, but I find the mission win three hands at showdown SO HARD! 

I mean I can obviously win three hands, but at showdown? So hard. It means either I'm missing my value or calling when I shouldn't be to get all the way to showdown and THEN win!

I'm not very good at poker but I know when something is difficult. Any thoughts or tips?

@Cindy_EssexPlay TAG at 4NL and you should do it in about 30min to 1hr, in fact the missions are to easy :) i proposed that they make them harder from september, AUGUST-PROMO

I hate that mission as I don't play much cash but I cleared it within ten minutes yesterday by five-tabling 4NL alongside my final tournament of the night and not taking massively aggressive lines. It's pretty horrible when you're continually losing in showdown situations though.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Yeah that was plan A but I ran into 2 problems:

1. I like to play aggressively when I think I've got the best hand, so people tend to fold unless they've got something very good too. That means that often enough if someone calls/shoves I may not win.

2. I am doing ok so far. Started about six months ago with £30 and I'm up a couple of hundred. But I am awful at cash games! I just can't seem to judge it right! I do better in tourneys and SnGs. Therefore, the longer I'm sat at the table, the more I lose :(

I've done the mission now. Just found a fairly passive table and checked down top pair type things.

On a side note, how do you find it play both MTT's at once? I think it's hard because there's too much going on to absorb all the info. On one table I can see good spots to fight for a pot but when playing two MTT's, I'm just playing the cards in front of me.

@Cindy_Essex wrote:

Yeah that was plan A but I ran into 2 problems:

1. I like to play aggressively when I think I've got the best hand, so people tend to fold unless they've got something very good too. That means that often enough if someone calls/shoves I may not win.

2. I am doing ok so far. Started about six months ago with £30 and I'm up a couple of hundred. But I am awful at cash games! I just can't seem to judge it right! I do better in tourneys and SnGs. Therefore, the longer I'm sat at the table, the more I lose :(

I've done the mission now. Just found a fairly passive table and checked down top pair type things.

On a side note, how do you find it play both MTT's at once? I think it's hard because there's too much going on to absorb all the info. On one table I can see good spots to fight for a pot but when playing two MTT's, I'm just playing the cards in front of me.

There's a correlation between the number of tables you play and the potential profitability of each one, precisely because you miss spots or have less time to consider them properly. The trick is to find the sweet spot between maximum tables and minimum loss.

As a rough example,  If you play 2 tables and make £5p/h on each, 4 tables and make £3p/h or 6 tables and make £1.50p/h then you make £10p/h two tabling, £12p/h 4 tabling and £9/ph six tabling so it's most profitable to play four tables in this instance.

I usually play between six and nine tables, usually 12 at most, but I know of people who regularly play 24+ at a time, which doesn't sound like a great deal of fun to me but then the pro grind is ultimately about making money.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Archived