Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17
On occasion I've been known to be on both sides of the coin. One side where I lose a few games so just quit and the other side where I win a few and quit to protect the profit. It's important to just look at life as one long session and not worry about whether the profit comes today, tomorrow or yesterday. Wise words and not mine unfortunately, it's definitely something I struggle with.
0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

I'm like that as well normally, and play or quit as the mood dictates, but having a set target- if not that day certainly before too long-definitely alters the outlook. For the Advent challenge building the highest stack was fun, if I got up to 400bb and lost a decent size hand I just carried on trying to rebuild, but my daily challenge seems to have that extra dynamic. You know (hopefully ) that your stack will grow, if not today then tomorrow or the day after, but my stack has to grow quickly or I'm done for. It's making me think more in tricky spots, probably a good thing and I'm certainly playing a bit tighter but not scared money yet. Keep yours growing, onwards and upwards. Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

@Brocky Interesting thoughts! The A7s I think we can raise and expect that BB will fold out a larger portion of his range if we do 2.8-3xBB. I don’t think that the majority of the players defend the BB in this situation wide enough to theory and therefor we can exploit this. But we do take a larger risk to reward and we can also take in discussion how well A7s will do on a flop but I think I will go for a raise here the majority of the time but might mix in a limp here and there dependent on the opponents stack size.

0 Likes
Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17
I think 3x/folding A7s at 20bb bvb is pretty bad. Maybe at the micros it'll be fine as people will generally be more passive in the blinds but at the higher stakes where there are more regs who will be attacking wider we want to give them that opportunity with their whole range and that's why I think just calling is probably best. The other issue is if they call we're in a 7-8bb pot out of position with a hand which flops really badly. If we hit the ace we're going to get credit for it almost every time and we rarely have top pair with the 7.
0 Likes
successlaw Rank 14
Rank 14
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Interesting @Brocky.

I am not totally against the limp and maybe that is the standard play here, I’m not so updated in the MTT starts these days. 

What do you think about balancing the range there with the lumps? Do we ever appear with AA/KK/QQ/AK/JJ/AQ at the flop after a limp in that spot or do we just give an f in balance and play exploitative with limps (I.e mid strength hands and low strength hands that are two week to play OOP) at the given stack sizes?

Like the discussion and exchange of thoughts mate!

Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17

@successlaw Yes mate but not until after the Man City/Liverpool match, so about 10pm GMT.  Hope that's not too late.

@Silver1 In a 1 euro game I'm almost never balancing my range but in say a 100eur MTT I think it's important to limp AA with X% frequency and raise it with Y% frequency.  In HU I will probably raise AA 80% of the time, limp 20% vs a reg but raise 100% vs a rec without reads that they're going to isolate wide.  Against a rec that we're likely never to see again I think you want to take the most profitable line in that moment but against regs it's important to protect yourself from being exploited by having some slight balance, especially when OOP.

I'm not an expert on this by any stretch of the imagination so take what I say with a pinch of salt!

successlaw Rank 14
Rank 14

@Brocky wrote:

@successlaw Yes mate but not until after the Man City/Liverpool match, so about 10pm GMT.  Hope that's not too late.

No, its not too late. Im gonna see this match too. I ve set some bets on that match. Definetelly i'll catch your stream 

0 Likes
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

@Brocky You are in a safe company mate, I’m not an expert eitherSmile I agree with balance against regs and to try take the most profitable line against rec’s!

0 Likes
Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17