Flip rules

Hi all, hoping someone can explain something to me. Playing a flip tournament for a £25 major ticket.  Won my first table then was three handed at ‘final’ table (assume a chop on the other table?) , and don’t see how I came third? Take the player with the winning hand off the table and I have the second best hand? Sure there is some explanation/rule for it but I’m fairly new to poker, only started playing beginning of the year so I’d be grateful if someone could explain!!

IMG_8323.png

IMG_8324.png

IMG_8322.png

Secondary finishing positions in case of equal stacks are not decided by hand strength but rather at random. Elsewhere you might see seat/position, being the deciding factor, but as this is practically only a thing in flips, we decided to keep that random element of flips. 

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

5 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Secondary finishing positions in case of equal stacks are not decided by hand strength but rather at random. Elsewhere you might see seat/position, being the deciding factor, but as this is practically only a thing in flips, we decided to keep that random element of flips. 

That’s what I found strange in that it’s not a secondary finishing position as there was 2 tickets (first and second) so that seems a bit odd to me. I’d understand what you are saying if was only first place paid

IMG_8325.png

57 minutes ago, Stejames315 said:

No worries and thanks for the reply. Not sure that I think it’s particularly good that a worse hand beats me to the ticket, seems unjust. But I appreciate the reply

I do agree that hand strength would be less confusing than it being random, which is also why we've explained this aspect in the tournament description of the flips, where relevant. It's unfortunately not an easy change, so there're no plans to change it for the time being.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions