Bet sertlement

Go to solution Solved by Phil. D,

Hi, I had a 20 EW bet on a horse at 5/1 finished 3rd, got a place for money back at 5th odds. Only got 38 back? No rule 4 as far as I'm aware. 

Horse was pepsi cat 7:30 Newcastle LastScreenshot_20240304_111432_com.unibet.unibetpro_edit_35951041574720.thumb.jpg.5e65768a11576bc92f25d09a0332f540.jpg night. 

I know it's only 2 pound but can I get an explanation plz? 

Regards Phil. 

Hi @Phil. D and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid this one crops up regularly and unless you specifically wade through all the t&c's you won't be aware, it catches many punters out (including me) and is one I regularly comment on.  Special offers negate the effect of the UniBoost cancelling it out in this case an extra place paid, denoted by the little box on the race card,    

image.png.da3591fe6a1f3427acba8f39fc4408d0.png

or when special price boosts are denoted for one or more horses in a particular race, with  small B in the race info.

image.png.9d256742ddfc57ece8f051dc00d12490.png

Personally I think it's bad that these negations aren't made very clear on the racing pages but are tucked away in the t&c's.

I see you took a UniBoost and were given a price of 5/1 which means the price at the time you made the bet would be 9/2. This indeed would pay out £38 rather than the £40 expected. I hope this answers your query and good luck in your punting. 🍀

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• Solution
51 minutes ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Hi @Phil. D and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid this one crops up regularly and unless you specifically wade through all the t&c's you won't be aware, it catches many punters out (including me) and is one I regularly comment on.  Special offers negate the effect of the UniBoost cancelling it out in this case an extra place paid, denoted by the little box on the race card,    

image.png.da3591fe6a1f3427acba8f39fc4408d0.png

or when special price boosts are denoted for one or more horses in a particular race, with  small B in the race info.

image.png.9d256742ddfc57ece8f051dc00d12490.png

Personally I think it's bad that these negations aren't made very clear on the racing pages but are tucked away in the t&c's.

I see you took a UniBoost and were given a price of 5/1 which means the price at the time you made the bet would be 9/2. This indeed would pay out £38 rather than the £40 expected. I hope this answers your query and good luck in your punting. 🍀

Thanks grizzler, horse finished at 5/1 too, I'd of been better off not using a boost lol. It explains it, but like you, I think it's not explained very well, and I won't cry over 2 quid. 

Good luck in ur punting too and thanks for taking the time to explain.. 

Phil

• Thanks 1